Home

Glitch with Autosave

This is a discussion on Glitch with Autosave within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Glitch with Autosave

I created 15 players and saved the Roster file as "Roster 10-08." With the new name from different from the default name "Roster", the new file called "Roster 10-08" was the new default roster than loaded up when I started the game up. I loaded the regular "Roster" file to make some changes in that roster. When I made the changes and confirmed them, the autosave SAVED OVER my "Roster 10-08" file instead of the file "Roster".

That was VERY FRUSTRATING after working on those 15 created players and losing them to a autosave.

NBA 2K8 had this autosave feature working correctly. It autosaved over the files that you were working on.

Simballer, can you please let the powers-that-be know of this and see if they can address it in the patch as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Glitch with Autosave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
I created 15 players and saved the Roster file as "Roster 10-08." With the new name from different from the default name "Roster", the new file called "Roster 10-08" was the new default roster than loaded up when I started the game up. I loaded the regular "Roster" file to make some changes in that roster. When I made the changes and confirmed them, the autosave SAVED OVER my "Roster 10-08" file instead of the file "Roster".

That was VERY FRUSTRATING after working on those 15 created players and losing them to a autosave.

NBA 2K8 had this autosave feature working correctly. It autosaved over the files that you were working on.

Simballer, can you please let the powers-that-be know of this and see if they can address it in the patch as well?
Just turn autosave off

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 10-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

autosave seems to turn back to ON after you go and download a new roster even with it being turned off prior to that or from a previous load cycle from the day before. Id almost call it randomly occurring... its a very tricky process of remembering what steps you took, what save is active, and then what that save is doing overwriting and autosaving.

its stupid but make sure its off after every download via 2kshare, whether youre downloading sliders, created players, or rosters.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Yes, autosave turns back ON after you do a load or download or something of that sort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »