Home

People with frame rate issues

This is a discussion on People with frame rate issues within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have you enabled/used custom sounds?
Yes 13 15.48%
NO 71 84.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: People with frame rate issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas fan
ok, this always works on PC games. If a game has too many graphical overlays turned on it can slow down the gpu and cause frame stuttering, by simply turning certain graphical candy off a game can run faster fps and be smoother to play. I paused my Celtics/Cavs game and turned off ball handler text, whamo! returned to the game in broadcast camera and no more frame rate hiccups. Seems as though getting rid of a little graphical overlay helped free up some gpu horsepower. Some of you try it and see if it helps or am I imagining things?
you are right, i do this with alot of games so help with framerate. i turned off replays, ball handler text, and dropped cut scenes to occasional, and that nailed it for me. i havent tried all cameras and and arenas but i can us as much zoom and key zoom and so far its smooth as ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 8

Damn! I should have listened. I just played a game at the Sixer's arena and it's HORRIBLE. I'm going try some of the fixes that have been listed, but this is ridiculous and this game should have never been released like this on the 360. I'm going to keep it and pray that the patch comes through because it's a great game when you're playing in a arena that doesn't lag. I'm going to trade a few games and pick up Live until this hopefully get's fixed.

IF you own a 360 DO NOT BUY THIS GAME till a patch is made avaliable.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ok, played a couple of games on PS3, same games as I did on the 360 (same teams, arenas, etc) and there is no lag. There was a time or two where I thought it might start to lag, usually right after the quarter had started, but it was so subtle I think I was honestly just looking for it more than anything.

Bottom line - there is no question at all here - if you have both systems then buy it for the PS3.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #124
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

Only lags in my player d-league, weird.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 1

played the ps3 version on 1080p in the mavericks stadium and did not encounter any lag. I wonder if there would be similar issues on the PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think I'll try some of these removing graphic overlay tactics. I really hate the idea of playing a stripped down version of a game, just because the developers are lazy asses who clearly don't playtest their games OR just don't give a **** when their games run like **** on the consoles they've designed them for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »