Home

Major concern about layups

This is a discussion on Major concern about layups within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Major concern about layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
no offense but couldn't we have kept this in one thread? you know the gamescom thread where its already been addressed ?

just sayin'
Why, isn't it more fun to go from one thread to another every 10 seconds?

But seriously, it's driving me crazy. And the worst is when you're not here for 2-3 hours and then get back on OS, and each one of these threads is full with dozens of posts and links to videos, and you have no idea where to start...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Lol . Patience grasshoper .
Old 08-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

My point was missed slighly because my concern mostly lies in the layups that will be taken. Lebron has a nice array of underhanded layups (scoop layups) and i hope that makes it in 2k11. Alot of players do underhanded layups with athleticism and that is what needs be be in 2k11, double pump layups like what i showed in the youtube links. The tendancy of the ball going way high off the glass hould be lowered by alot.Thats all im sayin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree totally I commented on something similar in the LeBron sig shot thread where I said this..............

On a side note I'm hoping for a LeBron lay up package since D Wade and Kobe both got one. LeBron's should be all power lay ups a lot of cupping the ball like a running back as well as fighting through contact from defenders. It is extremely difficult to effect LeBron's finishes when defending him unless there is significant contact. I would love to see this represented in the game and animated. Another thing is LeBron is very adept at eluding defenders on the break and avoiding offensive fouls when coming full speed ahead. Also hoping that the power quick fast break dribble from last year is still in the game and hopefully it's like it was in NBA 2K8 where I felt it was perfect. When LeBron gets a rebound he looks to push the ball from end to end and that animation was perfect in 2k8 for speeding past the defense coast to coast something James does with regularity.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Before we even get to where the the layups hit the backboard, I want to see the layups hit the backboard period. Especially on those contested drive the lane layups. You go to the replay and see the player somehow defy all laws of physics and make the ball go backwards against their body and swish all net. Roughly 90% of the layups should hit the backboard. And the ones that don't should be because of luck or the player did a near dunk lay up that players with ups but not big hands do all the time. Or even players that can dunk, but don't get enough room to get high enough, or risk coming up short.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Well Czar makes a good point, if the height at which layups are hitting the glass is the biggest issue, then we must be getting a pretty good product. However, that doesn't mean I don't wholeheartedly agree that it looks a little weird from the videos I've watched. A fair share of routine layups from point blank range are floating up above the square. Maybe it sticks out more because everything else is looking so legit?
I got you by the way a little birdie notified me that the layups in question are no longer an issue...
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
I agree totally I commented on something similar in the LeBron sig shot thread where I said this..............

On a side note I'm hoping for a LeBron lay up package since D Wade and Kobe both got one. LeBron's should be all power lay ups a lot of cupping the ball like a running back as well as fighting through contact from defenders. It is extremely difficult to effect LeBron's finishes when defending him unless there is significant contact. I would love to see this represented in the game and animated.
Excellent idea man it would be great if that was supported not only by animations in his package but the code beneath it. I remember from somewhere they said there is a tendency for somethings similar so hopefully its close.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I got you by the way a little birdie notified me that the layups in question are no longer an issue...
Your feedback is greatly appreciated, particularly when it's good news. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »