Home

Major concern about layups

This is a discussion on Major concern about layups within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Major concern about layups

The angles at which the ball is going high off glass and dropping in soft arent too common basketball form all of the vids we have seen from gamerscom. Even on fastbreaks guys who lay it up dont go super high off glass, thats kind of annoying. The right time for that is getting the ball up and over a big man which makes the shot difficult which should make a rating for layup touch in traffic or something.

Another huge concern for me is that players like Lebron (and I'll just use his for this example because he is the best at it) need scoop layups. I hope this will be one of the cool shotstick features this year. Bron usually goes through people in the way on fastbreaks and while speeding will scoop his layups soft off the glass. Ill throw some examples

layups here are perfect example
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Major concern about layups

In the second video at 2:32 - LBJ shoots a hookshot. Gotta ask Stern to fix his tendencis, that can't be happening!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
HAHA if headbands and high layups are now the communities big gripes after seeing gameplay video in August I think you guys may be in for a good year from 2k.
from Da Czar...i trust him cuz he knows stuff...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
from Da Czar...i trust him cuz he knows stuff...
Well Czar makes a good point, if the height at which layups are hitting the glass is the biggest issue, then we must be getting a pretty good product. However, that doesn't mean I don't wholeheartedly agree that it looks a little weird from the videos I've watched. A fair share of routine layups from point blank range are floating up above the square. Maybe it sticks out more because everything else is looking so legit?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

aiming for the top of the glass when you open or in middle of the paint isnt too constructive or accurate .. we want this 2k11 to be the closest thing to date that we have seen to real basketball at the highest level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
aiming for the top of the glass when you open or in middle of the paint isnt too constructive or accurate .. we want this 2k11 to be the closest thing to date that we have seen to real basketball at the highest level.
Wanting the game to be the ultimate in replicating RL is one thing. But you painted this as a "major" concern... Seriously? I agree it looks weird, but I'd be willing to bet the difference it makes in actual gameplay and balance is pretty much zero. Honestly, the fact that 2K's ball/rim interactions dwarf every other game makes this issue so insignificant, I can't believe the amount of attention it's getting. Certainly doesn't warrant a separate thread from which it originated. And in the end, it's probably just a "knob" they have to tweak. So, if that's the case, maybe the attention this is getting is a good thing. But still, I just think it's silly.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 08-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

Wow, Major concern? Ummmm no. If anything i think it would make it easier for chase down blocks, since the ball will have to travel higher before hitting the backboard. Maybe that's the reason that animation was implemented or the frequency of seeing that animation was bump up. "Normal" layups have a higher chance of goaltending. Maybe the Layup frequency is like: High (60/40) Normal. Personally I would prefer more of a 40/60 but as long a players like Chris Paul(you know what i mean) aren't allowed to do it(chase down blocks), don't really if they attempt, then I'm fine. Definitely not a game breaker for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

no offense but couldn't we have kept this in one thread? you know the gamescom thread where its already been addressed ?

just sayin'

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »