Home

NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music

This is a discussion on NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music

ahhhh they took out highlights??? damn that was one that made the game feel like you're watching a game on tv. it was the music they played after each quarter ended and showed the highlights of the quarter.

So does that make the CBS, NBC, ESPN, TNT, FSN themes not needed???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question for the one who created the files, or anyone else here who can provide an answer. I'm thinking there are some of my own songs that I want to put into 2K11. However, I noticed after listening to the tracks from the rar file posted here that the files have an echo, or faded sound to them (To probably make it sound as if it's in an actual arena)

So, I know it would sound ridiculous in the game if my songs game in CDQ format, where the sound is crystal clear. So my question is this: When you import a song into NBA 2K11, does it add those effects automatically to make it sound arena authentic? Or do you have to manually make those changes to them, like the designer of these files did? And if so, how would you going about doing this? A certain program? Certain effects I would need to apply to the songs?

Thanks so much in advance! I appreciate the help!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #83
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Thanks for all the work Ruben. Much appreciated man.

I downloaded the 2nd option for the 360, since that's probably the easiest for me to do, but I also downloaded the 1st option as well. For that option(1st)I noticed that you had the team playlists for that one but not for the 2nd option. Is that what you meant when you said the 2nd option didn't have the playlists on it and that we can just make our own playlists for it?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Is Option 2 basically the same as Option 1 except no playlists? Just trying to get some clarification here.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #84
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNeedles
ahhhh they took out highlights??? damn that was one that made the game feel like you're watching a game on tv. it was the music they played after each quarter ended and showed the highlights of the quarter.

So does that make the CBS, NBC, ESPN, TNT, FSN themes not needed???
lets hope it can be fixed, does anyone know any one from 2k on these forums that we can ask?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Thanks for all the work Ruben. Much appreciated man.

I downloaded the 2nd option for the 360, since that's probably the easiest for me to do, but I also downloaded the 1st option as well. For that option(1st)I noticed that you had the team playlists for that one but not for the 2nd option. Is that what you meant when you said the 2nd option didn't have the playlists on it and that we can just make our own playlists for it?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Is Option 2 basically the same as Option 1 except no playlists? Just trying to get some clarification here.

The 2nd option does NOT have playlists created. This is up to the you to create those m3us or wpls. The key additive of that 2nd file option is the use of ALBUM and ARTIST tagging. Itunes and just about every other player should pick up on those, including a ps3. Here with the proper sorting, you can create your own ideal playlists

Both files contain exactly the same amount of files. You aren't getting less with either version.

The key to file option #2 is that every file is in one place, and easily sortable for your playlist creations. This is almost IMPOSSIBLE to obtain when using file option #1. When you import file option #1 into itunes or WMP, you get all the files in alphabetical order. Option 1 has a folder structure ideal for the playlists at hand. But you could definitely build onto any active playlist quite easily... Starting from scratch though is a challenge with so many folders. Thats why I provided a second file option #2

butie120, Last years game, and even going back to 2k5, required the user to add that the echoing REVERB to the files ourselves. I continued that trend for this years files because I don't believe they added in that feature. It would be a real HUGE surprise if they did add in auto reverb.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-29-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
The 2nd option does NOT have playlists created. This is up to the you to create those m3us or wpls. The key additive of that 2nd file option is the use of ALBUM and ARTIST tagging. Itunes and just about every other player should pick up on those, including a ps3. Here with the proper sorting, you can create your own ideal playlists

Both files contain exactly the same amount of files. You aren't getting less with either version.

The key to file option #2 is that every file is in one place, and easily sortable for your playlist creations. This is almost IMPOSSIBLE to obtain when using file option #1. When you import file option #1 into itunes or WMP, you get all the files in alphabetical order. Option 1 has a folder structure ideal for the playlists at hand. But you could definitely build onto any active playlist quite easily... Starting from scratch though is a challenge with so many folders. Thats why I provided a second file option #2

butie120, Last years game, and even going back to 2k5, required the user to add that the echoing REVERB to the files ourselves. I continued that trend for this years files because I don't believe they added in that feature. It would be a real HUGE surprise if they did add in auto reverb.
I thought it was reverb, but just wanted to double check. Out of curiosity, is there a program you use to do that to all files at once? I can't imagine you did that track by track...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #87
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Has anyone never used ps3 playlists before? It's never been easier.

You copy the entire contents of the folder, and youll soon seen each ALBUM on the main page already sorted for you... you can then press triangle and go up to the very top to where it says SORT BY square content. Sort by ARTIST at that point.

Soon you see on your harddrive roughly 100 event types.
-Press triangle once again and create a playlist. No need to change names.

I could literally push through in an hours time and get playlists done for the ps3.

It's real simple guys. If youre buying the xbox 360 version for its ease of streaming music, this harddrive approach on a ps3 is so easy.

*note, not all files were copied over. Just a couple dozen.

I'd even say that the ps3 makes making playlists EASIER than on a computer for the 360
Let me get this right. After we sort it by artist to where it says magic up, and so on for each team it should be over like 100 of them for each different situation for each team right? Then we go through and hit triangle and simply select create playlist for each one and dont change the name so we dont get confused right?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120
I thought it was reverb, but just wanted to double check. Out of curiosity, is there a program you use to do that to all files at once? I can't imagine you did that track by track...
I found wavepad sound editor at the very beginning of this process last year and just stuck with that. It has batch editing for multiple files.. A lot of the instrumentals or rhythmic files had to be toned down with the reverb but the vast majority sounded great with the same settings. So you pretty much had to listen to each track and then maybe go back and fix it. I think there are a few 'bad" sounding reverbed tracks in this set, but there isnt many.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »