Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #3105
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

I finally decided on a team to run with and after much thought I decided to go with my favorite team growing up... the New York Knicks!
Ultimately I wanted to play at MSG and thought they had a good young core and the assets needed to get the 1st pick so I could draft my player Lawrence Gregory 6'9 219 SF 82 OVR(think Orlando T-Mac)

I simmed the 1st season while making one move before the trade deadline:

Knicks get:
1st rd pick

Raptors get:
PF Anthony Randolph

The Knicks got knocked out of the 1st round of the playoffs by the Celtics.
Miami won the championship with Lebron James winning MVP.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2011 OFFSEASON
Resigned Wilson Chandler to a 3 yr deal and traded him to the Nets.

Knicks get:
1st rd 1st pick
'12 2nd rd pick

Nets get:
SF Wilson Chandler
1st rd 16th pick
SG Andy Rautins
'12 1st rd pick(Nets didnt ask for this but I added it to be fair)

Since I got the Raptors 1st rounder I ended up with 2 Top 5 1st rd picks.

Drafted:
1st rd 1st pick: SF Lawrence Gregory Marquette 6'9 219 82 OVR
1st rd 3rd pick(via TOR): PF Perry Jones Baylor 6'11 232 76 OVR
2nd rd 16th pick: PG Jimmer Fredette BYU 6'2 194 63 OVR
(Used Ricky Rowe Zay's 2011 Draft Class and added L. Gregory)

Resigned SF Shawne Williams to a 1yr deal
Signed SG Jason Richardson & PF Sean Williams to 2yr deals.

Training Camps:
SF L. Gregory - Perimeter Defense
C T. Mosgov - Big Man Defense
PF P. Jones - Big Man Defense

2011-2012 New York Knicks Roster:
(ratings in parentheses)

PG: 2 R. Felton (79)/ 23 T. Douglas (73)/ 32 J. Fredette (63)
SG: 6 L. Fields (76)/ 9 J. Richardson (73)/ 4 B. Walker (66)
SF: 7 L. Gregory (83)/ 8 D. Gallinari (76)/ 3 Sh. Williams (63)
PF: 1 A. Stoudemire (88)/ 5 P. Jones (76)/ 51 S. Williams (64)
C: 14 R. Turiaf (67)/ 25 T. Mosgov (63)

Overall, I like the versatility of this team. I can go big with Turiaf or Mosgov or go small with Gallinari or P. Jones at PF and have Amare at C.
We're going to have trouble defensively but hopefully our high powered offense will make up for that. I think I might even have the assets to get CP3 or D-Will before the trade deadline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #3106
AmR
Rookie

OVR: 2

I started a Chi-Town Bulls Association. Hall of Fame 12 min Quarters...
It was a tough start I went 0 - 2 and then i started to figure out the lineup. I moved Brewer to starting SG and I went 2 - 2. Then Rose got injured. Out for 2 to 4 weeks. I started watson and went decent..i lost the next game. So my record was 2 - 3. Then Watson and Noah both got injured. Watson out for 6 weeks and Noah for 1 - 2 weeks.

I needed Pg's so I picked up Beverly and Sun Gaines from free agency...Now im 3 - 5 and just lost first game to Rockets in the Texas triangle and im in a tight game with the spurs.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
I do not want to trade but if i have to i will.

I dont really play well with Taj or Bogans so they are my bigges trade bait.
Korver could also be traded if needed.

Lineup now:

Sun Gaines/ Beverly
Brewer/ Bogans
Deng/ Korver
Boozer/ Taj/ Johnson
Osik/ Thomas
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #3107
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmR
I started a Chi-Town Bulls Association. Hall of Fame 12 min Quarters...
It was a tough start I went 0 - 2 and then i started to figure out the lineup. I moved Brewer to starting SG and I went 2 - 2. Then Rose got injured. Out for 2 to 4 weeks. I started watson and went decent..i lost the next game. So my record was 2 - 3. Then Watson and Noah both got injured. Watson out for 6 weeks and Noah for 1 - 2 weeks.

I needed Pg's so I picked up Beverly and Sun Gaines from free agency...Now im 3 - 5 and just lost first game to Rockets in the Texas triangle and im in a tight game with the spurs.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
I do not want to trade but if i have to i will.

I dont really play well with Taj or Bogans so they are my bigges trade bait.
Korver could also be traded if needed.

Lineup now:

Sun Gaines/ Beverly
Brewer/ Bogans
Deng/ Korver
Boozer/ Taj/ Johnson
Osik/ Thomas
Dont' get rid of Korver, you can't get a better shooter this dude man, and Gaines, perfect pickup the guy is a beast for me off the bench, I was goin to use him as a third pg, but hes now like my 7th man~
Old 02-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #3108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Houston Rockets 2011-2012 Season

Starting Lineup
PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Terrence Williams
PF: Luis Scola
C: Chris Kaman

Bench
Shane Battier
Andre Miller
Enes Kanter
Courtney Lee
Chris Budinger
Chuck Hayes
Jordan Hill

Moves
  • 2 2012 1st Round Picks (1 from Clippers after trading 1st Round Pick (Perry Jones) + Brad Miller for 8th Round Pick (Kanter) + Kaman + 2nd Round Pick). The Clippers get the best SF in the draft and a backup C, and I get a 7'0 C that I badly needed.
  • Traded Aaron Brooks 1st Season to Portland for Andre Miller + Fillers + 2011 1st Round Pick
  • Let Yao Ming go in Free Agency
Currently last in my division but on a 3 game winning streak.

Last edited by Torresxvilla; 02-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #3109
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Started a Cavs association a while back and picked it up recently at the 2011-12 draft. With some draft day trades giving me 3 first round picks my starting lineup going into the season is..

pg-Jimmer Fredette
sg-Tyler Honeycutt
sf-Harrison Barnes
pf-J.J. Hickson
c-Brendan Haywood
Old 02-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #3110
Pro

OVR: 6

Started a Heat francise to see if i can make the team better and i think i did.

starting line up

mike bibby
mike miller
LeBrone James
Josh Smith
Dwight howard

Bench
6th- Haslem
7th- M.evans
8th- House
9th- Williams
10th- Arroyo
11th- Wright
12th- Green

1st trade
Heat traded: Dwayne Wade, Mario chalmers, 2012 1st round pick and Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Magic traded: Dwight Howard, 2012 second round pick

2nd Round Pick
Hawks trade: Josh smith, mike bibby, maurice Evans, Pape Sy
Heat traded: Chris bosh, James Jones, Joel Anthony, Erick Dampier.

Last edited by thaone08; 02-10-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #3111
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
Started a Heat francise to see if i can make the team better and i think i did.

starting line up

mike bibby
mike miller
LeBrone James
Josh Smith
Dwight howard

Bench
6th- Haslem
7th- M.evans
8th- House
9th- Williams
10th- Arroyo
11th- Wright
12th- Green

1st trade
Heat traded: Dwayne Wade, Mario chalmers, 2012 1st round pick and Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Magic traded: Dwight Howard, 2012 second round pick

2nd Round Pick
Hawks trade: Josh smith, mike bibby, maurice Evans, Pape Sy
Heat traded: Chris bosh, James Johns, Joel Anthony, Erick Dampier.
Can't stress enough how the Heat should be left as is, maybe except for a small trade or two.

Obviously this is really unrealistic, as Wade has been and will remain a member of the Miami Heat until he retires, and Chris Bosh came here to form a big three, not a big one plus two good big men. I'm not taking away anything away from either of them, but your team no longer has much offense really. Howard isn't that great of an offensive player, and Smith is above-average offensively, but not by much.

What I'm trying to say is the Heat don't need to make moves, they will contend for a championship and probably win 2 or 3 over the next few years as is.

If you like blowing up teams, that's cool. If you're going for realism though, that's definitely not it. And if you're just looking to have fun, good luck with that and I hope it works out for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #3112
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Miami Heat (NBA Champions) Season 2
Pro/Custom Sliders
12 Minute
Real FG/FT%
Default release day rosters

The Miami Heat traveled to Boston looking to right the ship. After an opening night in NY that they wanted to forget the Heat bounced back at New Jersey and took care of the Nets (who resigned Vince Carter in the off-season). Then they came home and were handled by Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and a Jason Richardson led Magic. So the Heat were reeling a little bit early in the season. So Halloween night at the Garden was looking like a game that was already a must win early in their championship defense. Well the Heat may have drank a wicked witches brew as the moon and stars were aligned. The Heat jumped out to a fast start hitting their 6 of their first 8 shots. The Big three looked like men possesed and on a mission. By the end of the first quarter the Heat led 35-14. The Heats signature defense had returned and stifiled the Celtics. Boston made a small splash this offseason in signing Keynon Martin and Allen Iverson, but both were held in check all night. Kendrick Perkins now mans the middle as the 39 year old Shaq comes off the bench. Garnett and Pierce were off all night with Bosh and Lebron in their face. The Heat led by as many as 25 in this game and the Celtics never got closer than 11 points. The Heat won this game going coast to coast and never were behind for a second. It was maybe one of the most complete team thrashings in the last 2 years. Dwayne Wade ended 7/9 from the field including 2 three pointers and played only 24 minutes. The reserves got a lot of PT on this halloween night and responded. Mike Miller dropped in 18 points in 21 minutes. James Jones racked up 15 points. Eddie House dished out 8 dimes, Mario Chalmers continues to rise with 9 points and 10 assists. Rookie 7'6' center Mo Timmerman looks like an early rookie of the year canidate as he pulled down 8 boards and dropped in 7 points. Chris Bosh dropped in 20, Lebron had 26. even Juwan Howard got into the mix with 4 boards and 4 points. Joel Anthony (still the Heats starter for now) hauled in 7 boards.

Lebron owned Paul Pierce off the dribble most of the night driving for 4 dunks. Pierce showed his age and looked a step slow as Lebron seemed to drive by the All Star at will. Wade mostly scored from the outside as Ray Allen played him very tight in the paint whenever he tried to drive.

As a team the Heat had 30 assists. They led the league in this category last season (along with rebounds believe it or not). The final score was The Heat 116 Boston 93.

A big big win to get the Heat even at 2-2 heading into a big home stand in the month of February.

In other Heat news the team signed SF Michael Pietrus to a portion of the mid-level exception on a 1 year contract. Michael brings some more length and some outside shooting and gives the Heat even more versatilaty and depth and the ability to play matchups against longer front lines when Lebron plays point and Miller is at the 2 while Wade rests. Michael's debut was against his former team 2 days ago (the Magic) and he actually scored 12 points in his Heat debut. Last night against the Celtics he did not enter the game till midway through the 4th quarter and did not score.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 02-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »