Home

***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #1097
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Ball_Player
the championship celebrations is so.....wack it should be more live and hype and just better
not some 3 seconds celebration
Especially if you played a 82 game 12 min season plus playoffs, I want a **** ending...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 05-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #1098
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I hope they add artificial intelligence this year.

10chara...

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #1099
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Ball_Player

should derrick rose be the cover of 2k12?
I prefer giving Dwayne Wade or LeBron James a bone as the cover boy of 2K12.
Wade hasn't been on a video game cover besides that horrible NBA 2006 game. LeBron James has never been on a basketball game cover.

I also feel that 2K should have (Insert cover boy name) Challenges. I don't think Derrick Rose has enogh classic games.

Meanwhile Lebron James Challenge would some what like this

James Challenge
2004 Cavaliers vs. 2004 Nets
Challenge: score 41 points, 13 assist, shoot better than 50%, win the game

2006 Cavaliers vs. 2006 Heat
Challenge: score 47 points, 12 rebounds and 9 assist, shoot 50% or better, Hold Dwayne Wade to under 25 points Win the game

Game 1 EC1st: 2006 Cavaliers vs. 2006 Wizards
Challenge: Score 32 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assist, shoot 50% or better, win the game

Game 7 ECF: 2007 Cavaliers vs. 2007 Pistons
Challenge: Score 48 Points, shoot 50% or better, win the game

2008 Cavaliers vs. 2008 Lakers
Challenge: Score 41 points, 9 rebounds, shoot 50% or better, win the game

Game 7 ECSF: 2008 Cavaliers vs. 2008 Celtics
Challenge: score 45 points, hold Paul Pierce to under 25 points

2010 Cavs vs 2010 Lakers
Challenge: Score 37 points, 9 assist, shoot 50% or better, hold Kobe Bryant under 25 points, win the game

2010 Heat vs. 2010 Knicks
Challenge: Score 32 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assist, shoot 50% or better, win the game

2010 Heat vs. 2010 Lakers
Challenge: Score 27 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assist, win the game

2010 Heat vs. 2010 Cavaliers
Challenge: Score 38 points, shoot 50% or better win the game

2011 ECF game 5: 2011 Heat vs. 2011 Bulls
Challenge: 28 points, 11 rebounds shoot 50% or better, hold Derrick Rose under 25 points, win the game

ALSO USE THE WHOLE 2011 NBA FINALS SERIES AS A CHALLENGE IF HEAT WIN
Old 05-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #1100
MVP

OVR: 19

-the ability to import and continue associations from previous NBA 2k versions. I figure this could be done cause those are just be data files.

2. I dont know if this already exists, if it does 2k should make this more robust

- some AI logic when it comes to resigning your players to extensionsduring the season. On any given year a player could hold out for more money based on the other potential free agents at said position.

for example a sf that has an overall ranking of 68 could command more money based on the other potential sf free agents ratings in the upcoming off season.

this woudl add an element of salary fluctuation from year to year. one year that sf thats rated at 68 could make 9/10 million a year cause of a weak free agent pool. that player could hold out or test the free agency based on this type of logic.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #1101
Banned

I just played the 2K7 demo, and I was amazed. There are SO MANY THINGS that 2K7 does better than 2K11. Amongst them:

-The low-post animations are FAR more dynamic, better-looking, and the low-post controls are much, much better

-Bringing the ball up animations were beautiful, and we could CONTROL them. We could do the "dribble between the legs from a crouch" by holding the left trigger, and by tapping it, we could trigger a walk-up animation. I had more fun doing this than I've had with 2K11 in the last month. BRING THESE BACK.

-Some of the layup animations were better, smoother, faster. Not these sluggish animations we have now.

-The block engine and block animations were MUCH better. Defenders actually jumped and swatted the ball with force. 2K11, defenders jump 2 inches off the ground and put their hands up lazily like they don't care.

-If you throw an alley oop to a player not in position to finish, HE WILL STILL JUMP FOR THE BALL AND COME DOWN WITHOUT SHOOTING. Why was this removed?

-The CPU's offense was far more crisper and realistic than 2K11. Dirk ran off baseline screens, set picks, Josh Howard came off screens, Terry used picks and drove, as did Harris. There's no excuse for this being the case for a game that's five years old.

-The arena music was way better, as well. Real NBA arena themes pumped through the speakers and made me feel like I was really there. 2K11 never gave me that feeling.

-There was a "Defensive Stance" button, but it didn't make the AI hold my hand and help me defend. It just let the game know that I wanted to get in my defensive stance to D up the ballhandler. THAT'S ALL.

I swear, if you took 2K11's graphics (or 2K9's-- I think its were the best) and put them on top of everything else about 2K7's gameplay, the gameplay would be the best in any NBA 2K game ever released.

The point here is that you'd probably do well to look at everything 2K7 did well and DO YOUR DAMNEDEST to get all of it into 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #1102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJolley20
Having real portraits adds to the realism. Although I suppose having an option for "Real" or "Virtual" player pics couldn't hurt.
of course it couldnt hurt,you are right in saying 'real' portraits adds to the realism, but not when you've got generic or future rookies with black silhouette portraits or just their name in plain text.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #1103
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah13
of course it couldnt hurt,you are right in saying 'real' portraits adds to the realism, but not when you've got generic or future rookies with black silhouette portraits or just their name in plain text.
Yeah, I understand. I think having the option for one, the other, or both is the best scenario for this.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #1104
Rookie

Do Challenges for multiple legends such as: Wilt scores 100:score 100+ points,win the game. then do things like that for many legends.For create a legend have the choice to choose from many different legends such as Wilt Chamberlin,Magic Johnson,Larry Bird, Kareen-abdul-jabbar etc. For My Player have teams offer you contracts at the end of the season but instead of money they give you a certain number of skill points. Also let us start out with a little better stats. Maybe let us start out around a 50 ovr? Also fix the teammates in My Player

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »