Home

***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 AM   #1113
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: ***Official NBA 2K12 Wishlist Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan16
3. Graffiti everywhere
Graffiti or Confetti? Two very different things
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 AM   #1114
MVP

OVR: 11
2k12 should add this to playoff atmosphere!

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic...0f351df1a1c5d5

Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 AM   #1115
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k12 should add this to playoff atmosphere!

Wow these are amazing and looks so real. This was one of the things I asked for in the wishlist.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #1116
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Definitely
Old 05-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #1117
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

Re: 2k12 should add this to playoff atmosphere!

Yeah they need to add that and towels and make the crowd chant defense and Let's GO "whoever" even louder.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #1118
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzgabe
Fix jersey-The back Miami Heat of the jerseys should look like the Lakers/Raptors

Signature Dribbling
- Chris Paul should bring the ball up from the court than Lebron James
What do you mean by these?
Quote:
Western & Eastern Conference Champions- Trophies should be brought and more celebrations, like hats, t-shirts.
I agree that winning the ECF/WCF should elicit more of a celebration, but hats and T-shirts is asking a little much, don't you think?
Quote:
Playoff Atmopshere- Miami Heat all white crowd, Mavs all blue, Bulls all red, more towels
Definitely agreed. Maybe even let us choose which color the crowd should be dressed in, or if they should even do it at all (some teams don't).
Quote:
Real to life bench- When back on bench warm ups should be put on, Gatorade randomly being drunk, injured players not on bench but walking to locker room, players on floor stretching
All of this seems plausible, except for warm-ups being put back on. The only way that could happen is if the warm-up is just rendered back on without any animation when the player in question is off-screen, but then people would still be able to replay and see it magically appearing on him. And then they'd complain.
Quote:
Pre-Game- Ability to see players warm up/shootaround in warm up jerseys.
But remember, this is supposed to be a replication of an NBA broadcast from the start of the telecast AFTER the pre-game. The pre-game stuff (i.e., players getting off the bus, walking to the arena, warming up, etc.) shouldn't be included in the presentation of the game.
Quote:
Full Court Press- Ability to ride player while dribbling.. but doing excessively would result in blocking foul
Agreed, but not even just for full-court press. For all defensive scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
lol, yeah...

It's depressing to watch players just be stupid. And people are like RUN A PLAY, well that's well and good but by the time you actually trigger the play and get it run, you're in a major rush. There should be a certain movement in offense automatically. Players should know when to back cut, when to set a screen. Sure, not all of the, but the smart ones should.
You don't even have to be smart to set a screen outside of a set play situation. In 2K10, players would run off screens on their own, or cut, or come out and call for the ball. In 2K11, they're all like "Duhhhhhhh... "

Also, when you call a play, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STAND IN AN EXACT SPOT TO GET THE PLAY TO START. Not only does it give the play away, it takes too long. It should be an area, not a spot-- like behind the three-point line up top, or on the low block, or on the wing, etc.

Quote:
They need to make it easier to run plays and the plays should run themselves before you stand on the spot. You should able to run a play without being in a certain spot. Or you should be able to have some level of pre-set offense where you select a set and then it automatically runs plays or you can override them.
I hadn't even read this part of your post before I said what I just said.

Quote:
Even if the offense you wanna run is "post up C" or "1-4 iso with star." The play calling is too complex and because it's so complex it has made it so that players don't do much if you don't call a play as if the game is punishing you for not calling a play. And that's good if you think about it that way, but if you think about it the other way... it makes you realize that they haven't properly programmed the players to do what they are supposed to and are using plays as a crutch.
EXACTLY. Freelance tendencies should have some use other than determining which plays a team runs. A team shouldn't have to run a play every time to get into their offense. They should set picks if they see a ballhandler on the perimeter who doesn't want to iso, or cut, or use off-ball screens to get open instead of just standing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Where is the speed ,where is the quick first step and blow by speed of say a Westbrook or Rose? I say these two because they are the quickest with the ball in my opinion. You should be able to see the speed of these players especially.
Totally agree. If you watch in real life, when Derrick Rose puts on the burners, you can CLEARLY see that he's one of, if not the fastest player in the league. He's a blur. That doesn't really come through in the game.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #1119
Banned

And another thing about 2K7 is that the big men didn't overdribble. If a big man had the ball and there was nothing he could do with it, he gave it up to a better ballhandler. This is why we need an "Overdribble" tendency to determine how fast players give it up if they don't have anything offensively.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #1120
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

I back you on that...but I would call it "dribbling frequency".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »