Home

My Approach To "Creating A Legend"

This is a discussion on My Approach To "Creating A Legend" within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
My Approach To "Creating A Legend"

Not sure if anyone else is doing this or has even thought of it, but for my "Creating A Legend" career with Jordan, I'm trying to play it out the same as his actual career (minus the 2 retirements). I'm currently in my 5th game of the mode, and what I am doing is going by a game-log from that season for MJ, and trying to match his box scores.

For example, in his 5th game, Jordan went for 17 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists, so in my 5th game, I currently have 14, 5, and 3 in the 3rd quarter.

I feel like this gives me 3 extra goals to work for (along with the ones from the game itself), and also keeps cheesing to a minimum.

My goal is to play out every season of the mode this same way (I know in his 2nd season, he only played in 18 games, and in those games, his minutes were limited, so I'm going to have to freestyle that season, but still try to keep it realistic.)

Has anyone else taken this approach to the mode, and what are your thoughts on this approach?

Merry Christmas to all who read this!

EDIT - also, I plan on changing his shoes and accessories accordingly. For example, right now, I have the white forearm band, a black knee sleeve, and all white Air Jordan 1s. After a certain number of games, I'll go to the black & red Jordan 1s (that were "banned" by the league), and then after a certain number of games with those, I'll go to the black, red, & white Jordan 1s that Nike made so Jordan would no longer be fined.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4

Last edited by st0rmb11; 12-25-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My Approach To "Creating A Legend"

well, my opinion could be biased cause i dont rly like that mode but i really dont see the point of making this experience the most realistic possible when the concept itself of having MJ in current nba is absurd : /
Old 12-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Do u plan on sitting out most of his second season?

Good luck. Doesnt sound like fun.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Heh sounds entertaining, one thing i'm trying to do is not upping too many ratings right away(not making MJ a 99 by the end of the 1st season) and I prolly won't touch his 3pt rating for awhile
Old 12-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

Eh, sounds kinda...ummm...not dumb? Sorry, I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but you're getting to play with MJ in the current NBA. I'd just have fun with it and go off from the get-go if possible. But, to each his own, and as long as you're enjoying it, that's all that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

well that's what's making it fun for me. I'm trying to replay Jordan's career against the current NBA. play each game as he played it (roughly) and see how his career turns out with a different Bulls team, different competition, etc.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

so if he has a bad game, then you will play bad?? Doesn't sound like fun at all
Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
well that's what's making it fun for me. I'm trying to replay Jordan's career against the current NBA. play each game as he played it (roughly) and see how his career turns out with a different Bulls team, different competition, etc.
Are u implementing the Triangle Offense in Chicago. It was until Jordan fully embraced the Triangle that he won chips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »