Home

What should Blake Griffin be rated?

This is a discussion on What should Blake Griffin be rated? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What should Blake Griffin be rated?

they just did a living roster update yesterday and he came in as a 85... and he played just like he does but not as fast as he is. he is easily the fastest big man in the game. and if you have you been watchin his games lately he is starting to become more than just a dunker. he has been hittin a few threes, and sizin up guys and doin step back 18 footers. kid can play
Old 01-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #98
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

They didn't even need a strong 4 to help out with rebounding. Dwight over BG... That's a new... Wow people say that only after what 3-4 months... What disrespect ... lol
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #99
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Blake is having a great rookie season.. probably the best from a PF that we have seen in a long time. 2k rated him an 85 in the update and really didnt touch his defense while raising many offensive attributes. Blakes defense is lacking but his offense and physical attributes are what makes him an 85.

I think that his layup, pass, and vertical are still too low. If Dwight Howard's layup is a 79 I dont see how Griffin couldnt be on par with that. PF Josh Smith has a 67 passer rating and Blakes is only in the 40s. It should be between 60-65(Smith and Blake are both averaging 3.5APG this year). His vertical is only an 83... it should be in the 90s.

Other than that I like how they updated him and I think its very accurate.
His handles, speed and quickness are good where they are. Hes not Lamar Odom or Lebron James. He's a power player with amazing quickness.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #100
Pro

They may have kept his vertical low so he doesn't get more blocks. The same with his passing, so he stays aggressive.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #101
Pro

Brew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
They may have kept his vertical low so he doesn't get more blocks. The same with his passing, so he stays aggressive.
I can understand the argument for vertical especially with his height.
However, staying aggressive has nothing to do with his ability to make a good pass. If Josh Smith has a pass rating of 67 than I dont see anything wrong with BG's pass being a 60-65. There are a few other big men on 2k that need a pass boost IMO. Duncan, Horford, K. Love, the Gasol brothers and Scola are the ones that I think need it most. All of these guys are very good passers for their size and should be in the low 60s IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #102
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Some people go crazy when a player gets hot smh...
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Some people go crazy when a player gets hot smh...
I wouldn't say he is just "hot" he has been doing good all year. Except last night I think the Mavs frustrated him. After the first qtr they changed the way they were guarding him mixing in double teams and really pressuring him only had 10 points in three qtrs and was obviously frustrated.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #104
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

He has been going crazy don't get me wrong. Some people in this thread have gone as far to say he's the best PF in the league. This rookie has improve all of his numbers every single month in the league. But like I said... some of ya are just going a little too nuts about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »