Home

What should Blake Griffin be rated?

This is a discussion on What should Blake Griffin be rated? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: What should Blake Griffin be rated?

For his position, 82.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #42
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMON
ONE game at 47 and he's an 85. Get outta here.
That's why probably why I'm not with all these boost...

And Brew please don't come at me with the "I watch NBA League Pass story".... Big Deal. I don't have league pass. But I do watch every single game (actually I download every single one).

A guy drops 47.... And then you say "in the last 10 games. He has averaged"... That 47 point game boosted all of his next 10 games worth of stats lol. How about we wait until All Star or maybe at the end of the month. Lets not jump to boost a player. And make him a Vet All Star.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #43
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

You guys are looking at one game... Im not.
I didnt even mention his 47pt game and actually changed Griffin and Gordons rating and tendencies before that game even happened because I felt they deserved the boost and wanted more accurate sim stats. Check the association board for proof. The sim stats were accurate and playing with both players felt more like their real life counterparts. Its contradictory to say that we read into OVR too much than say an 85 for him is too high. It seems like you guys are discrediting his ability just because he is a rookie. A rookie that is having the 3rd best rookie season in the last 40 years. Only Jordan and the Admiral were better.

This whole ratings argument goes back to the fact that they dont update ratings enough in the so called Living Rosters. If the rosters were updated on a regular basis that 10 game stretch and beyond would be reflected in players who are hot and also who are struggling. Griffin has been an 82 for the last two months.

Also as far as me giving you the so-called league pass story... it was just a reminder that I dont just watch highlights and go "crazy" on the ratings.
I have League Pass and dont have the time to watch every single game; so have fun "downloading" and watching every single game.

I understand Im a new guy around OS so you guys are going to discredit my opinion and think its "crazy" thats the only reason Ive continued to defend it with facts/stats, & expert analysis from credible sources.
It just amazes me that you guys are so quick to jump on an opinion with no true counter of your own. "Your just looking at one game or your acting like hes a veteran All-Star." That to me is "crazy."
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #44
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I stop reading after the discredit thing... Have fun guys...
Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 21

Really... an 82 or an 85? As long as he plays like he should offline (CPU) then that is all that matters. Now when we get to online play... he needs to have the ratings to back up what he does on the court. So if that is an 82 or an 85 or whatever else, so be it.

@Jeebs... you are saying that you don't care about OVR but then care when someone wants him to be 85? I don't get it? Going from 82 to 85 doesn't mean that he is going to get a massive overhaul of all his ratings. He just needs a boost here and there. Sure right now he is the "ticket" item in the NBA but he is balling!

The 2k insider needs to stay on his game and boost Griff and then if he falters down the road drop him down... no biggie. I just don't see why everyone is like "OMG he can't be that high".

If the 2k insider did his job regularly and updated once a week or so then we would be able to play with the latest and greatest all the time. But instead we are stuck with players with ratings from weeks ago if not older and they just don't play like they should.

Again look at the B. Griff that I put up and play a game against and with him and tell me that it doesn't play good. Of course sliders and whatnot will change everyone's experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Overall rating is for fanboys. It's whole concept is totally flawed (players asking max contracts, not accepting role player's minutes). I wish 2k got rid of it but fanboys are good for marketing
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #47
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

If he played like he does in real life online you all would call it cheesing. I would use the clippers everytime then.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

I have my own issues with the ratings system I won't go into (i.e. Dwight Howard and Kevin Love both having 99 rebound ratings in both categories when Dwight's athleticism and height will make him a leading rebounder EVERY TIME...but I digress).

Anyway, I think Blake's dunk rating should be atleast 95 (same as Dwight Howard and Josh Smith). I think his overall rating is being penalized because he's a rookie, but 22 and almost 13 boards a game don't lie. And to whoever said an 85 because he scored 47 points (his second 40 point game this year by the way) is too much....well he had 47 and 14, while missing only 5 shots, and his double-double streak just ended yesterday after like 27 consecutive games, and he had a streak of 20-10 games end just the other day after like 18 games...He's been consistent, so an 85 is definitely justified if John Wall currently sits at 84. Blake isn't Brandon Jennings after a 55 point game seven games into the season...he's been consistent all year. CONSISTENCY is the key word of the day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »