Home

How to get more rebounds from individual players?

This is a discussion on How to get more rebounds from individual players? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
How to get more rebounds from individual players?

Any tips on how to get more rebounds from individual players? For example, I play with the Hawks and Horford averages about 6 rebounds for me and he's always out rebounded by people like Marvin Williams and Josh Smith = players with more athleticism and hops than him it seems. However Horf has a A- rebound rating so I don't know why he doesn't get more rebounds.

Is there any tips on how to get him to get more rebounds for me to make it more realistic? Thanks.

BTW I play with The Purist's sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How to get more rebounds from individual players?

keep in mind your coaching sliders during the game. you can increase your rebounding and fast break sliders for example.

also on timeouts use your temporary focus for things like rebounding and defense.

sometimes we take guys away from rebounds by focusing on help defense too much also. if you take him out of position either manually or by over using help defense he cannot get rebounds.

substitute correctly. if he is tired he will get out rebounded.

the last thing i am adding is what really makes NBA 2k11 most enjoyable for me but some people wont do this:

don't compare real life stats to what the video game version does. when i just take each player for what they are playing like in the game, i am much happier with any video game.

for example, on my franshise i have players who are not doing anything in real life who are gettting valuable minutes on my team. they are mostly role players, but when i stop worrying whether Player A can or cannot dunk or shoot like he just did and accept the game as just a game, you really start to immerse yourself in the game like never before.

for example, i have played almost every game in my franchise. i am in the second round of the playoffs after finishing 38-44. i made some trades and used my role player until i figured out what each can do and used them accordingly.

now i am already thinking about what i need to improve on the coaching staff, who fits into next years plans and who i should draft to maximize my team next season.

i hope some of this helps.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 25
Re: How to get more rebounds from individual players?

I have to same problems sometimes. Just turn into Horford to get the rebounds, don't rely on him to be in position every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »