Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #889
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Any Tips on rebounding? I have trouble grabbing a significant amount playing a 7.0 Center, seems like no matter who of my Teammates is contesting i always end up short.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #890
MVP

OVR: 22

Rebounding is hard in this game.
2001 Lakers
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #891
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, I definitely need to work on my rebounding. I'm used to jumping quickly for them and getting them, but it takes more timing this year I think.

"On another note I really hope next year you can tag players as "favorites" or "dislike" others when you get good enough. That way you don't have to worry about the computer trading them. It makes more sense than 2K11's system where you could identify who you want on your squad (seriously what GM does that?)"

This^. Anyone ever play NBA Live (I believe it was 08)? In that version they had chemistry with individual players with each other, e.g. grant hill and steve nash got along, so their chemistry bar was maxed out, but nash and, say, robin lopez didn't. I envisioned this concept for 2k12. Pass the ball to your teammates a lot, chemistry goes up. Freeze them out, down. Would encourage team ball like 2k wants, and give you a bonus for doing so. I've got to dig that game up and record it and make a video on my youtube channel or something. Interesting point man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #892
Rookie

OVR: 10

so as a PG when/how do i call real plays, not just quick ones?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #893
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf14
so as a PG when/how do i call real plays, not just quick ones?
LB.....then pick the position u want to call a play for....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #894
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
Leak out... a lot. Unfortunately because the computer's on ball D is so insane you're probably not gonna score in the half court much. You can try to call for a screen attack the basket and draw fouls, but your best bet is to play the passing lanes and get cheap fast break points on the other end. Overall though just play right try to get your teammate grade up and increase your jumpshot through skill points. I'd say Athletic SG is probably the toughest MP to start with because #1 there are a lot of good, quick players in the league at that position that you're going to take Teammate grade hits at due to them scoring on you, you're probably not going to be in a position to get rebounds and blocks like bigs, and the ball wont be in your hand enough to get assists.

On another note I really hope next year you can tag players as "favorites" or "dislike" others when you get good enough. That way you don't have to worry about the computer trading them. It makes more sense than 2K11's system where you could identify who you want on your squad (seriously what GM does that?). I have to imagine that GMs and coaches know who their star players like, and know better than to trade them, and they know to get rid of the ones they don't like. I'm absolutely in love with my current team (our defense is amazing) and was almost sick when I simmed a couple of weeks to get to my next couple of drills and we traded Javale McGee AND Tyrus Thomas. Thank goodness I didn't save, because I reset that **** immediately. This time they didn't do the trade. I guarantee that if they insist on getting rid of them and do so I'll stop playing this game.
I would also like to suggest getting your Med Shot up to at least a 70 to start. or 75... And when you get a chance, dribble pull up... The first thing I upgraded was Mid, because I wanted to be a threat within the 3pt line from anywhere.. When I upped just Med shot, I had to stand still and shoot... couple that with dribble pull up, I can now lose my man and shoot. Make a couple of Mid ranges... and they will bit on the pump once in while...

And since you have a high lay up rating... trust it! Don't use turbo when trying to initially get by a defender... Hit the L stick, and tap the R stick and then hold the R stick... this performs a hop step pump fake step through... A lil cheap, but the CPU uses it all the time... I do that to get some points in the paint... also you will see a small window as you start to go pass your opponent... thats when you hit the right stick... trigger your lay up/dunk animations slightly early... Rated at a 69, I dunked all over Paul Pierce something fierce... All I did was dribble (Without Turbo) around him, and BOOM!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #895
Rookie

OVR: 1

anyone know of any pg tips as far as attributes to for sure have or jumps or anything would be greatly appreciated... I'm a pass first PG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #896
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
eh, doing that with juiced stats is hard enough in this game as it is. When just starting out it'll be nigh impossible.
I did My Player as an athletic PG and I was dropping 18+ points per game in 11 minutes of playing time. As an "athletic" player, they sag off on you so much that you can make a move and get your legs going and then start the spin layup without them really trying to cut you off at all.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »