Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #1369
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

last game it was Knicks vs Grizzlies. i had 12 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and hardly even had to shoot because Melo was lighting things up. he had 42 points! 20 of them in Q1! and Amare added 22, and we dominated the Grizzlies 109-89. it wasnt my best scoring game, but its my best all around game so far and i would take a game like this any day.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #1370
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacramentoKingsFan93
Name: Christian Ward
Position: Center
Type of SG: Back to Basket
Height: 7'2
Weight: 245
Drafted by: Jazz

Last couple games I have been averaging a double-double off the bench, and I expect that I'll start soon. I got 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, and one assist in a win against the Bulls and I got player of the game.
Can someone tell me the difference between Dunk and Standing Dunk and which is more important for a center?
That's a huge logjam in the frontcourt! With you, Enes Kanter, Al Jefferson, Mehmet Okur (unless you already moved him to New Jersey), Derrick Favors, and Paul Milsap, there are going to be alot of unhappy players. Hopefully they move Al Jefferson for a good wing like Danny Granger.

But anyways I digress lol...Both are important if you want an athletic big but Standing Dunk is more important for a Center. By having a high Standing dunk rating, you'll be able to throw it down in the post as apposed to doing a soft layup and possibly getting blocked.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #1371
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
last game it was Knicks vs Grizzlies. i had 12 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and hardly even had to shoot because Melo was lighting things up. he had 42 points! 20 of them in Q1! and Amare added 22, and we dominated the Grizzlies 109-89. it wasnt my best scoring game, but its my best all around game so far and i would take a game like this any day.
Great realistic statline. With Melo and STAT, you shouldn't need to have 30-40 point games on a regular basis. 20 assists every now and then would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #1372
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblack228
Great realistic statline. With Melo and STAT, you shouldn't need to have 30-40 point games on a regular basis. 20 assists every now and then would be great.
yeah, i love playing my player realistically, i dont like cheesing for 40 ppg like some people do and shooting the ball 25+ times a game like some people. i see a lot of people brag about averaging 40 ppg with their PG, big deal. with a PG i would rather average 15 points and 10 assists than average 30 points and 3 assists.

Last edited by Champion8877; 12-28-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #1373
Rookie

OVR: 0
This **** plays horrid man the shot releases are weird as **** and the game is very glitchy. On top of that it's really hard to get a a+ rating which is stupid steal get u literally no points u have to block to get your rating up and guard don't block. They need to fix this crap man.im playing ten minute quarters b + averages all the way up to the 4th when the team keeps bumping into me to steal the ball and I drop to a c smh.

I don't know how u can say anything good about this game and myplayer is the reason I buy 2ks

Sent from my iPhone full of bad bitches using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #1374
Rookie

OVR: 3

1 thing you should notice. I'm quite sure 2k didn't fix this yet.

In MP mode (I heard in create a legend as well), the lottery pick means nothing in my player mode no matter how bad your team are. The lottery will always go to the team by alphabetical order.

Meaning that 76ers will always get first overall draft because it is the first team on alphabetical order (It doesn't begin with letter and 2k listed it as a first one on team list).In 2013 they got 1st overall draft and in 2014 as well. Bulls with letter "B" got 4th overall pick in both 2013 and 2014. (Bobcats will always get 2nd overall and Bucks will get 3rd overall)

Cavs got 5th overall on both 2013 and 2014 while Celtics got 6th overall on both 2013 and 1014 too. (if I remember correctly)

Then, Wizards is the worst one since they will always get the last draft right since the team name begin with "w" and it was listed behind Warriors. (Wa before Wi)

Same goes for 2nd round pick: 76ers will get 1st round, 1st pick and 2nd round, 1st pick) while Bulls will get 1st round, 4th pick and 2nd round, 4 pick every year.

The latest patch didn't fix it so as the game progress, 76ers will dominate since they got first overall pick every year. (means they get super RC at the age 20-22, rating 75+ or even 82+ every year. Their rating may be drastically higher when they grow and make some improvements. I guess some may even reach 90+ or 95+)

By the way, I only have 9 steals left to complete my HOF progress. However, only 1 match left in the regular season so too bad I think I have to wait until next season to get my HOF trophy. (Unless I manage to get 9 steals or more on my last game of the season somehow)

Last edited by nbanoname; 12-28-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #1375
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
yeah, i love playing my player realistically, i dont like cheesing for 40 ppg like some people do and shooting the ball 25+ times a game like some people. i see a lot of people brag about averaging 40 ppg with their PG, big deal. with a PG i would rather average 15 points and 10 assists than average 30 points and 3 assists.
In my last 11 games since I got alot of time/became a starter, I only shot over 20 attempts twice(22 and 25) with my PF. I dont like shooting 18 attempts; but since the injury to Shannon Brown, I have to take over the scoring load because Nash wont. But once Brown gets back, My target attempt range is 15-18.
I agree with the PG stuff. As a PG for 76ers, I dont want to shoot 25+ times a game. I am more of a PG who wants to get the other players involved and hot. I would be perfectly fine with a stat line over 15+ pts, 8+ assists. Alot of people that play as a PG, be having SG/SF stat lines. If I have to takeover, I will score over 25 points. But, I rather get other players the ball. Playing with the 76ers, we dont really any jumpshooters. But, we have athletic wings that can drive to the hoop. I would like for us to sign some jumpshooters and some bigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #1376
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanoname
1 thing you should notice. I'm quite sure 2k didn't fix this yet.

In MP mode (I heard in create a legend as well), the lottery pick means nothing in my player mode no matter how bad your team are. The lottery will always go to the team by alphabetical order.

meaning that 76ers will always get first overall draft because it is the first team on alphabetical order (It doesn't begin with letter and 2k listed it as a first one on team ;ist).In 2013 they got 1st overall draft and in 2014 as well. Bulls with letter "B" got 4th overall pick in both 2013 and 2014. (Bobcats will always get 2nd overall and Bucks will get 3rd overall)

Cavs got 5th overall on both 2013 and 2014 while Celtics got 6th overall on both 2013 and 1014 too. (if I remember correctly)

Then, Wizards is the worse one since they will always get the last draft right since the team name begin with "w" and it was listed behind Warriors. (Wa before Wi)

Same goes for 2nd round pick so 76ers will get 1st round, 1st pick and 2ndround, 1st pick) while Bulls will get 1st round, 4th pick and 2nd round, 4 pick every year.

The latest patch didn't fix it so as the game progress, 76ers will dominate since they got first overall pick every year. (means they get super RC at the age 20-22, rating 75+ or even 82+ every year. Their rating may be drastically higher when they grow and make some improvements. I guess some may even reach 90+ or 95+)
If that is true, then I will be disappointed with the Suns. I was looking forward for a top 5 pick, so we can rebuild our team. Because we really need some talent. At least, my PG career with 76ers can have some talent added through the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »