Home

NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

NBA 2K has always thrived on their game modes. Association is considered one of the best franchise modes in sports games and My Player was a very quick success. This year, Association was barely touched, but My Player had a pretty big overhaul. But the problem is, that overhaul might not be enough to keep players interested in playing the mode.

Read More - NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I hate the trades in My Player. I got drafted by the 76ers and the first few games were great as they were a fun team to be on. I created an athletic SG so it was a nice fit. By game 20 they traded away Holiday, Turner, Williams, Songailia, Kapono and then the final straw - Iguodala. Now it even has a rumor of Brand being up for grabs.
The trade logic needs to be fixed.
The punishment you take for making a mistake still seems to be too severe. I was 3 games into my career going against the Warriors. My player was rated at 64ovr. My team score was sitting at a B- with the green bar about half way to a B. We were up by 14 and I was up against Stephen Curry. They ran a pick play and Curry made a nice move and drove for 2. Should I get penalized? Yes. But to go down to a C+ where the green bar is just about to drop down to a C?? Seems a little much.
I also think your teammate score should start each game at the same level as your season average instead of always starting at C.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
EXACTLY how I feel about My Player. Its just gettin plain sad now they need to patch it, and patch it RIGHT this time. The patch for 2k11 made it WORSE... My Player mode is why I buy 2k, but its jus horrible since 2k10. I hope they see this and listen to you guys!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thanks for the great write up, Dustin... But I have to disagree with you on the teammate grade in My Player. I've been averaging High B's to Low A's (All-Star Sim) as an all around PF. As long as I pick my spots and don't over commit on defense things seem to turn out well. Perhaps it's more difficult from different positions?
Old 10-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K12 Reviewer: My Player, More Modes Impressions!

Wow, I'm actually impressed by that review. It's spot on. My Player "improvements" this year are entirely off the court, making the actual gameplay still a disappointment. Sure starting out with a higher overall rating is quite nice, and has been needed for years, but 2k still has you start out with things like a 25 dunk rating even as a 6'6 SG...who gets drafted in the top 10 that physically can't dunk at 6'6?? And the fact that Association is 99% untouched from 2k11 is unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Yeah the trades in My Player are ridiculous. In the first two weeks (I was drafted by Houston) we traded for Bosh and David Lee (by the way we traded Kevin Martin for David Lee cause you know, GS is running low on scoring guards...). Then we traded Terrence Williams (who was our leading scorer at the time) for Paul George. We had a pretty good PG (can't remember who it was, he was another traded player that we received) and at the deadline we traded him away for a backup PG and then traded away Paul George. REALLY needs a patch in MP.

Anyone else have a problem with every time you cut through the lane you get bumped and thrown off course and sometimes you randomly post up? Oh and when I try to crash the offensive boards I ALWAYS get sucked into an animation where I get boxed out by somebody and there is no way of moving out of it...
Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

My Player suggestions:
1. Allow us to alter Game Sliders, Game speed, etc. the cpu is unstoppable and the speed on 50 is too slow for me.
2. Make AI oppenents smart, they suck. Constantly get scored on, opposing team gets way too many wide open shots.
Those r only a few. The others r jus from the dumb, clunky animation system that 2k needs to get rid of sooner than later. Im honestly tired of gettin vaccumed into a defender, running out of bounds when I try to crossover(due to the vaccum of the defender), and I could go on and on. I kno the game wont b perfect but these r glaring problems from previous 2ks.
Im sheesh, 2k10 My Player was so much fun. I even enjoyed beating people online on the pick-up games. Now, its jus frustrating and sad to play.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Yeah the trades in My Player are ridiculous. In the first two weeks (I was drafted by Houston) we traded for Bosh and David Lee (by the way we traded Kevin Martin for David Lee cause you know, GS is running low on scoring guards...). Then we traded Terrence Williams (who was our leading scorer at the time) for Paul George. We had a pretty good PG (can't remember who it was, he was another traded player that we received) and at the deadline we traded him away for a backup PG and then traded away Paul George. REALLY needs a patch in MP.

Anyone else have a problem with every time you cut through the lane you get bumped and thrown off course and sometimes you randomly post up? Oh and when I try to crash the offensive boards I ALWAYS get sucked into an animation where I get boxed out by somebody and there is no way of moving out of it...
I heat u loud and clear bro! Same bs I notice over and over again. Its just.... Ughh!! Fix this mess already 2k please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »