Home

General tips for using Center?

This is a discussion on General tips for using Center? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
General tips for using Center?

I'm looking to improve my game with a big man! I was using The Dream and had fun but i wasn't good at blocking or rebounding. Any tips for me to build on would help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 26
Re: General tips for using Center?

I'm also interested.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

Just bumping it.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Both rebounding and blocking -- you sould wait until the ball bounces off the rim or until the played goes into an animation before attempting anything. In 2K11, you had to just time it right and hit the button before the ball bounced or the opponent began his animation. 2K12 seems to have give a bigger window of opportunity after the fact -- use it!

Other than that, hold LT to box out.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Boxing out is key for rebounding this year. Last year you could just sort of jump at the ball, this year I find it's better to just box out and get good position.

For blocking shots, be selective. Most of your contests should be normal "hands up" contests, not going for the block, so you don't get burned by pump fakes. If you find a position to come off the weak side and go for a block attempt, go for it. Easier to get blocks when the player is engaged with another defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

looking for some tips as well since i use a pf.

really want to know how people battle out the cpu box out cause the spin move out is to slow to get any rebounds
Old 10-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

I don't play Center, but when my SF is subbed in at PF I have to remind myself that the game loves to pump fake, especially little guys. You'll almost never see a 1 and 2 not pump fake if they drive in traffic. They're basically asking you to get into position. Also if you pay attention to animations you can begin to tell whether they'll do a single pump, or a double pump. The computer will almost always let the animation play out as opposed to a human who may do something unpredictable.

As for rebounds. 3s usually bounce hard and flat or hard and high. Usually though they stay in the air the longest. You'll have to make a really quick decision here. If you've got good position wait an extra tick, if not it's a guess. Usually though these have a long bounce and come off far from the rim. Mid range shots are sort of unpredicable because they can do anything. If a guy gets a good look expect to be patient because it may rattle around, if it's an awkward shot expect it to come off hard. Close shots almost always hang around on the rim for a while. The last point of note is that the best position is with your feet on the white charge circle.

edit: I also forgot to mention that 3's tend to reflect like rays of light. Meaning that if someone takes a shot from the right wing, it's probably gonna come off to the left wing. If someone shoots from the side it'll come off to the other side. (unless it's flat obviously.)

Last edited by Hotobu; 10-11-2011 at 01:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »