Home

Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

This is a discussion on Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

Alright enough about sliders, I appreciate all the slider makers and users. But I have never used sliders before. I just want to know who here plays the game on Hall of fame with default sliders and is winning consistently. Share your strategies ,team building, go to plays,player usage, and lineups. Instead of slider tweaking the game, which is fine, I really want to learn how others beat hall of fame with default sliders.

I beat the Heat in game 1 of my finals with mavs. It was in Dallas and I held the heat to 85 points in 12 minute quarters with a FG% of 51 on Hall of fame with default sliders. I know I am not the only one that can do this, so I really want to hear how other hall of fame beaters out there do their thing so I can learn to beat hall of fame even more. Once again much love to slider users but for this thread i just want to hear how to whoop 2k12 Hall of fame ***.

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 01-28-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

defense help 100 and I also change in game defensive setting to deny all players the ball amd play tight defense.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

To be beat HoF on Simulation difficulty, in my eyes, probably close to impossible.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhannius
To be beat HoF on Simulation difficulty, in my eyes, probably close to impossible.
Not impossible...

Been playing 2k for 11 years, I've Won a handful of games so far this year. Playing 10 min quarters.. This is my list of things that are crucial to winning on HOF Sim.

1. Play only on Ball D.
2. Get to free throw line as much as possible.
3. I only play with one team and have to do your best to learn everyones release as good as possible.
4. Call timeouts whenever you think the CPU is going on a cheese run.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
defense help 100 and I also change in game defensive setting to deny all players the ball amd play tight defense.
Appreciate the input bro, I used defensive setting heavily too but approach it slightly different from you. I got help D set at 40 and I only play deny ball on players who can shoot the 3. As for On ball D i only use play tight against those who can dribble penetrate or has a good mid range. I always use Auto for opponents PF + C.

My reasoning for this set up is because once you set Deny ball to one of your defenders they won't play help defense or go board when the other team takes a shot. On the other hand if you order for wings like Marion and batum (who has high block ratings) to play sag off D off the ball they will try really hard to block and rebound. There's no way I am sagging of ray Allen but at the same time there's no way I am going to deny the ball from Ronnie brewer.

With this kind of setting I can hold HOF sim to around 91 points a game in 12 min quarters.

Extra note:

A real important factor in winning HOF SIM is to use the shot clock. Taking early shots will just increase the amount of offensive possession the AI gets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Appreciate the input bro, I used defensive setting heavily too but approach it slightly different from you. I got help D set at 40 and I only play deny ball on players who can shoot the 3. As for On ball D i only use play tight against those who can dribble penetrate or has a good mid range. I always use Auto for opponents PF + C.

My reasoning for this set up is because once you set Deny ball to one of your defenders they won't play help defense or go board when the other team takes a shot. On the other hand if you order for wings like Marion and batum (who has high block ratings) to play sag off D off the ball they will try really hard to block and rebound. There's no way I am sagging of ray Allen but at the same time there's no way I am going to deny the ball from Ronnie brewer.

With this kind of setting I can hold HOF sim to around 91 points a game in 12 min quarters.

Extra note:

A real important factor in winning HOF SIM is to use the shot clock. Taking early shots will just increase the amount of offensive possession the AI gets.
This was the first post I've seen that made any sense to me about the CPU's advantages. I'm about to try this now to see if it makes a difference... VERY intelligent post.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51

Extra note:

I only got to mess with this for a little while tonight but in 2 12 minute quarters so far, it really works! I'm going to check it out more later... This may have saved the game for me this year... Love it so far man. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

Well I played another game with this information.... the cpu still cheats. I don't like this game..... They outscored me in the paint by 38 points and grabbed 20 more rebounds than me. Why is this SO BROKEN????

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »