Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
Bblade, if you don't play online why would you feel the need to address posters whose complaints are almost entirely related to the online experience?
He said he is ABOUT to play online to see the issues... lol
Old 11-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 10

Yeah, thats all been cleared up. That your for that though. Good lookin out.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Marlowe
Bblade, if you don't play online why would you feel the need to address posters whose complaints are almost entirely related to the online experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
My thoughts exactly. The majority of my complaints are from the online experience. Sliders help alleviate, and sometimes eliminate, my offline gripes and concerns. The only offline gripe I really have that's not fixable at this point is the slow, floaty passes. Online, however, you are at the mercy of programming and animations with no alternatives to correct them. That's why some, like myself, are unhappy with the game in its current state.
My thoughts too. Read his post and got to that line and was like ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanstheman
He said he is ABOUT to play online to see the issues... lol
Yeah, he should have saved that post until AFTER he played online to see the issues. I hate to see what he have to say about the people starving across the world. "Wah wah wah, people talking about being hungry and not having enough food. Just plant some seeds. I'm ABOUT to fly over to some third world countries and check the soil."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #92
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
No they shouldn't TalenT. Quote the rest of my post and you would see that I want a sim game as much as Mos or yourself. I just understand that these sports games have to appeal to a broader fan base than just me-it sucks. Should people have to play sim (whatever parameters you deam that to be)75-100% of the time in order to win ball games? I'd love it to be this way but 2k is just not made specifically for 20 year old sim heads alone, it has to be fun for your younger nieces,brothers, sisters, nephews, casual fans,etc. The fact that they don't have lobbies has made this a bigger deal online especially. In order to play ranked games, we are stuck with the settings 2k designated.

Ranked games need to have lobbies for each setting HOF-Default, HOF-Sim, Pro-default, Pro-sim,etc. Believe me TalenT I share some of the same grievances as you. Tweak passing speed/accuracy(or reduce defender reaction speed to passes), and add more reach in fouls are really my biggest complaints pre/post patch. Right now passers need to pivot,gather, before passing (which is realistic)giving defense an advantage. Right now, the defenders can just react to passes no matter what direction they are facing without going thru the pivot, gather which makes things very tough on passers. If defenders were subject to the same laws as passers, the speed of the passing would be ok in it's present form. Intercepting passes in real life is more about anticipation than just reaction but in 2k12 it's based on reaction. IRL anticipating too early or too late should get you in trouble or out of position but right now we can simply react and not really be punished.
Lol I know you're team sim Ninja. That post was more for the people who keep saying we have to just live with the game being the way it is...and I know they have to try to make a game that appeals to "everybody" but there are other ways to go than the route they took. In a few months I think all of this will be irrelevant anyway (Fingers crossed).

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #93
Rookie

I hope the make patch that indecates if the (human) players is playing "on-ball" defense or if it's the computer. One of the real reasons why most of my friends stop playing is for that reason. Also, does the computer have to be a unstoppable force behind the 3 point ark?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has the patch been released in the UK for ps3 (anyone?)

I wasn't asked to download anything.. In fact I haven't downloaded any updates for the game that I know of.

In the ps3 menu I can go into game data utility, look at NBA 2k12 additional data and see version 1.03. But, this was apparently created on the 15th of Oct (5 mins after my initial install) and I am certain I have not downloaded anything.

Does anyone know a 100% certain way to check I have the latest patch or how to force a download for it?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #95
Rookie

3pt shooting has improved on my end... billups went 2/6 at the 3 point line, even missed a dead open one... JR smith didnt get back on defense fast enough so that seemed pretty realistic

slashing to the basket looks like it improved alot more too... I've been getting great back door cut looks without bad defenders having superman like awareness and catching my man

i personally like the patch and im currently playing at superstar/sim, i always tweak the fouls to keep the realistic attempt balance for me and the cpu

but other than that it ran smoothly.. spurs against thunder... they beat me by 106 to 102... I shot 48%, 12 TO's they shot 47% 11 TO's... seemed like a pretty realistic feel to the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #96
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Back on topic: Taking the girlfriend analogy further, 2K11 was the pretty hot red head ex-girlfriend who wasn't perfect but was fun enough. You worked through most of your issues together, and she made some changes for the relationship. Plus you really dug red heads.

2k12 is the new blond girlfriend who all your friends claim is hotter, but you're kind of bugged by the crook in her nose. She's wittier, tells better jokes, and conversation is more interesting, but man does she have issues-- and you find more and more excuses to not to hang out with her.
I feel this is spot on, pre-patch. I'm going to play a game now, we'll see how it goes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »