Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #705
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dlw8
I've noticed that when i manually load the settings at the home screen before i play any of the modes it plays post patch and when i don't it plays pre patch those of you that have a problem load your settings at the home screen then play a game, post what happens.
Load which settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #706
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone noticed that the shooting percentages have give down post patch? It seems like both mine and the CPU's shooting has gone down by around 5 points a game. Plus, it feels like we both go through hot and cold streaks at the same time. We'll both have a 3 minute stretch of bricks, then somebody will make a shot, and then both of us get hot and make almost every shot.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #707
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
after a few days with the patch i'm still seeing a lot of garbage in this game...ball warping through players during dribbling...ball warping through players on shots and going in...cpu hitting difficult/contested shots all over the place...no contact when there should be...the game forcing me into bad layup animations...just a lot of problems that didn't exist in 2k11. it's starting to turn me off...it's not enough to make me give up on the game, but it's really holding it back...the patch took the game from bad/unplayable to fairly good..but 2k12 still isn't great in my opinion...

before patch i'd give 2k12 a C+...after patch i give it a B. but 2k11 was an A-
Yeah the warping is really an issue and I feel cheated about it to be honest. It is almost saying you can not stop the CPU from doing what it wants to do when they want to do it. I have been seeing most of the warping when the CPU forces itself in the paint. The CPU will up and under right through my body and not even a contact animation. This game is so close to getting to an elite level all around but there will always be a BS WTH moment that will will just bring me back down to reality.

Pro's of patch
  • The passing lanes are a little bit more in line with reality the CPU is a little less superman with the instant steals. Passing is faster, less fumbling animations.
  • They tuned the on-ball defense slightly to a little more realistic level. It is not at the realistic level as you still will see some excessive quick sliding by the CPU to cut you off but better than pre patch.
  • Fast breaks to me were tweaked so that point guards can't block alley-oops I haven't seen it post patch. The "center fielder" gives up one side on 2 on 1 breaks so you can thread the needle on the pass.
  • They added new animations for steals on ball while dribbling. I have seen my first situation where my CPU team mate Shawn Marion jumped the passing lane for the steal and caught it with two hands and went to a full blown sprint down court. I have never seen that before. This was different than the soft floaty pass in which your defender tip the ball that existed pre patch.
Cons of Post Patch
  • I am seeing too much warping when the CPU decides to penetrate. The CPU just drives and does it normal up and under BS or goes into the isomotion in the lane double teamed and it is like you are not even there. They will Mario run into my defender and just keep going into me no contact. I really hope 2K looks into this area there are just things that can't be happening consistently in a sim game.
  • Speed issue was not addressed. They didn't say it would be in the patch so I can't fault them but but it rears it ugly head in many ways and it just makes you shake your head in digust when you are caught from behind and then have a contact animation that just is physically not possible. Speed only matters for user controlled players and only works against the user for the most part especially in any fast break scenario.
  • The momentum BS rears is head by contested shots going in. The CPU getting "good" letter grades when you contest their shots, however the CPU is able to contest after your shot is relased and overall will get a better grade than the user. I have never seen this happen for the user so there is some artificial difficulty still there that exists against the user.
  • Your CPU teammates are still dumb and back away from rebounds to let the other team grab a rebound, drive to the rim this is frustrating at times because I can't switch to every man under the rim and contest the shots well at the same time. I have had some of the most unrealistic rebounding disadvantages that scream scripting to me. Bulls vs. Maverics in two back to back games. One game I get outrebounded 64 to 38, I am the Mavs lose by 13 they have 19 offensive boards. I have never seen anything like it before in a game before Allstar sim settings. I played another game and I got outrebounded by like 56 to 38 same teams. If I stop the penetration and force a tough contested shot Noah will get the rebound. This sequence played out over and over again like the movie Groundhog day. In one game Noah has 13 rebounds total but 9 of those were offensive boards just rediculous stuff. It is to the point that he is at the rebound spot as soon as the shot goes up and that is scripting part in my eyes. I know he is a great rebounder but not that great. In another game Boozer and Noah each had 15 boards a piece and most of the offensive boards coming from these two.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #708
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Am I the only person who still hasn't gotten the patch?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #709
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
Am I the only person who still hasn't gotten the patch?
If you received a 3 MB update, you got the patch.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #710
Pro

OVR: 7

So what is the overall review of the trades post patch in assocation? Prepatch was like 20 awful trades by the CPU...
Old 12-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #711
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dlw8
I've noticed that when i manually load the settings at the home screen before i play any of the modes it plays post patch and when i don't it plays pre patch those of you that have a problem load your settings at the home screen then play a game, post what happens.

I think you are on to something. Game played much different after I loaded up the settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #712
Rookie

OVR: 0
I havent got any patch update on ps3, but i have uploaded rosters from 2kshare. So i think i dont have any patch yet. Should it come just automaticly or do i have to download it myself at somewhere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »