Home

NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiallourakis
I traded Sessions and Jamison for Eric Gordon and Emeka Okafer. You can keep Okafer or flip him to the Kings for a 2nd rd pick and Travis Outlaw to get cap space.
This trade isn't fair at all commissioner David Stern should have this!

I can see Sessions for Okafer and a 2nd..
Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
In my opinion the Bobcats are the toughest to rebuild. Kemba is a good young piece. Biyombo is years away. A lot of contracts no one wants. Augustin is a good piece to trade but doesn't get you much. I should mention I only do trades if I consider them fair...because lets be honest the trade logic in 2K12 is absurd. Raptors are not that bad to rebuild. Davis, Derozan, Bayless and Bargnani are all young and bound to improve. Barbosa is actually a good trade piece. I was able to trade him and a 2nd rounder for Wes Johnson who I turned into a SF and I was instantly more competitive. Nets aren't that hard either because you have PG and C locked up and Humpries actually is a good PF. Marshon Brooks shows potential at the 2. Just have to find a SF for them. Anyway I'm rambling, sorry about that, mind starts to wander at the possibilities.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5
Always play as the Cav's. First year did terrible with Cleveland. Usually get rid of people I can't stand so first traded Jameson for a first round draft pick.

Liked how well Arenas played in my online dynasty (using the Cavs as well) that i picked him up. It was short lived when he was then traded to the Suns for Steve Nash (I didn't offer the computer did). Took it and then traded him for another first round draft pick right before the trade deadline. Also as it ended I traded Thompson, 2nd round draft pick, another bench player, and my first round draft pick for next year for Kevin Love and their first round this year.

Getting ready to go in the off-season and looks like I will have the first overall pick for how terrible I did, but also should have two other top 15 picks as well so at least next year we will be young and quick.

I will agree with cavsfan4life. It is very easy to rebuild with the Cav's. If I would of keep Nash I went on a 4 game win streak with him at the helm and probably would of had a better record overall. Plus with the Cav's you get a lot of trade pieces as well to start off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I've been thinking the last few days of Cavs or Bobcats as my rebuild. Although I like the Cavs, they seem a little too gift-wrapped to rebuild. I'm not one of these guys that goes straight in and starts trading people away. I'm going with the regular roster until the trade deadline, and then I will see what happens.

With the Cavs you could probably easily deal Jamison to a contender for an extra pick or a half decent young player. You could also deal Varejao to a contender for something worthwhile. All of that to surround Irving and Thompson, who are packed with potential.

The Bobcats seem like an entirely different animal. I personally like Tyrus Thomas, but he's only average. Kemba is the only piece worthwhile in the immediate future and the long term. I would have a hard time justifying a trade involving any other players on the roster for a decent player.

The only thing stopping me from jumping right into a Bobcats franchise is how incredibly dull it sounds to play as Corey Magette, Diaw, Gerald Henderson, Diop and company.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5
Tthe Cav's are too gift-wrapped to easily do stuff. I could of easily had 4 players over 80 overall on the team, but I tried to keep it a little more realistic. With no Jamison I needed a good power forward and without Thompson giving me no option (maybe it was just me using him) I was surprised that I easily got him that well. Got very lucky in the draft where had 3 picks for the top 15 with two of them having 2.1 percent. Somehow got the first two picks in the draft and 14th. I am assuming since LBJ left game felt bad and allowed me with one pick to get the second pick overall. Had my chance to pick up Paul as a FA, but decided to stick with what I got. Irving won R.O.T.Y. as well.

Heading into the new season this is what my team looks like.

PG Irving 81 ovr
SG Lamp 77 ovr (first overall pick)
SF Derrick Brown 73 ovr
PF Sullinger 78 ovr (second overall pick)
C Love 84 ovr

Bench is Gibson, Parker, Varejao, Verne (2nd round pick), Hollins, Eyenga, and Samuels
Old 12-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #14
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
We ball...AS-IS!!!! #truecavsfanatic
Old 12-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #15
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, Cavs are built ok to be solid in a few years. Trading pieces and young players who develop well. Ive learned with my Raptors franchise its not as easy, when with the rosters I have I got Bargnani and DeRozan as 71s, and thats my highest rating. And I probably wouldn't trade them, especially DeRozan, so for me it's about clearing cap space and getting draft picks so that I can hope to get some talent for year 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 04:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Yes I like this better then managing the Heat which takes little effort. Im sure Otis Smith can manage the Heat.

My first move would be to get rid of Varejo (spelling?). He is just one of those type of players that you just hate for some reason. The only thing I see him doing is flopping all the time. I would package him with one of the guards and go after a SG that is a pure shooter for Irving to kick it out to. Someone like a JJ Reddick

My second move I would try to trade Jameson (Spelling?) for a defensive big, or a SF that can handle the ball. Like a Hedo Turkoglu type player. I just have never been a fan of Jameson. This will help take advantage of Kyrie's shooting ability and he can move without the ball and use screens to get open.
First move: Trade defensive big for dime a dozen player.
Second move: Trade for a defensive big.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »