Home

NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #17
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K12: Rebuilding the Cavaliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelb
First move: Trade defensive big for dime a dozen player.
Second move: Trade for a defensive big.
Because I dont like Varejo. Like I said I hate him as a player and cant stand to watch him play irl. They way I would do it, I still have everything that I like to play with. A good PG that can shoot and handle the ball, a wing player that can also be my backup PG if need be, a SF that can shoot and handle the ball also, and a defensive C. I will then pick up a low post player through the draft or FA. This works perfectly for ME.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7
I feel that free agency should have some focus since alot of people will use different draft classes, I'm particular to those fantasy draft classes. As for FA, whether its in March when the Chinese league is over or in the summer, both Wilson Chandler and JR Smith should be looked at. If these overseas players are allowed to come back in March, the Cavs have the advantage of offering these players more money if they keep their roster as is. If it's the summer, they will still have alot of money to spend. I would suggest in taking a chance in Wilson Chandler, he has the athleticism, can play defense, and can score from anywhere on the court.

I also believe that trading away Antwan Jamison is a huge step the Cavs need to take, he's still a good player but is eating 22 million( if I remember right), finding teams willing to take his contract may be hard. Maybe trading for a big that only eats up half of that, and a couple of throw ins. Emeka Okafer comes to mind, his importance suddenly became less once NO acquired Chris Kaman, a Jamison and Kaman front court sounds very good to me while giving your presence in the middle. Again, you're have to work out the fine details to make the salaries work. I wouldn't mind keeping Varajao for another year to come off the bench at the 4 or 5
Old 12-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #19
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 5

I usually want to keep Andy, but after a season his rating goes does and that lowers his trade value. Andy is valuable though to any team; rebounds, can defend the pick and roll, solid post defender, and can score around the rim. If I was already contending I wouldnt have traded him.

Jamison only makes $15 million, big amount to work with when doing trades. The Cavs having Irving and Thompson along with two high picks makes the rebuild a lot easier. I had chances to trade for Hibbert with giving up either of those players because I wanted to build through the draft. If you want a 3 that can handle, you can trade for him or wait for the draft(which I did). Irving and Thompson develop into solid players from their 1st to 2nd year.

I guess you can say Im going with the OKC model, build through the draft and trades while preserving cap space.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 13
The most impossible team to rebuild is Toronto Raptors. Good luck with them. They have no real talent whatsoever.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiallourakis
I traded Sessions and Jamison for Eric Gordon and Emeka Okafer. You can keep Okafer or flip him to the Kings for a 2nd rd pick and Travis Outlaw to get cap space.
Thats one of the most unrealistic trades ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
http://thelivegenerator.com/?r=920142
Old 01-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #23
Rookie

so wen are we gone get some player/ accessories patchs like court patchs
Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #24
Rookie

Gr33nthumb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead
The most impossible team to rebuild is Toronto Raptors. Good luck with them. They have no real talent whatsoever.
The Raptors are the hardest team to rebuild, but they do have talent. Bargnani, Bayless and DeRozan are the 3 players you want to build around. Bayless and DeRozan especially because they are young and have a good potential rating. I traded Calderon based on his age and contract. Was able to get Henrich in return, he's a decent backup to Bayless and has an expiring contract. You then need to try and dump anyone with contracts longer then 1-2 years. Completely rebuild in the draft and through Free Agency. I plan on drafting Austin Rivers to complement Bayless and DeRozan and then after some building I will be in a position to trade for some stars and make a run. To rebuild the Raptors you have to be content with losing, and getting good young draft picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »