Home

Best way to beat the CPU on All Star/Superstar

This is a discussion on Best way to beat the CPU on All Star/Superstar within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best way to beat the CPU on All Star/Superstar

I currently have an Association with the Sixers. I chose them because they have alot of young talent i can build around. I just cant seem the beat the cpu because they hit anything they want to, im always getting out rebounded even by the lesser teams (Cavs, Kings, Raptors, Bobcats), I tell my teammates to play tight on shooters, but they still give them too much room. Just all around my teammates play like crap and it seems like i cant make anything but the cpu can make everything.

Anybody figure out a way to beat the cpu? If so tell me what you do? Whats your strategy?

P.S. Ive already tried Pro difficulty and find it too easy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Best way to beat the CPU on All Star/Superstar

You don't play on ball D?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Rookie

I do play on-ball defense but i feel like i have to control off ball defenders too because the cpu doesn't fight through off ball screens hard enough and they give up open shots off screens way too often
Old 01-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Rookie

anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Sliders...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Make sure you have the jump shot timings down for ALL players on your team. Learn some key plays to get you open looks. Use EB down low in the post, Hawes is always left open on the outside so use it to your advantage. Meeks is a sniper so find a play to get him in open space. AI can get to the basket at will and is good at the drive and kick. Basicly that whole starting can light a team up once you find the right plays and learn the releases. On D play man on the ball d and play hands up and only jump when you KNOW he taking the shot. Off the ball will resort in cpu defenders giving the man with the ball to much space and they will kill you with jump shots. If all else fails just play around with the sliders i guess, even though I never really been into slider tweeking..but hey it might work for you.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Sixers have a few medium range and threes that go to Holiday use them. You must use settings and matchups for every game. You need to get the releases down for every player and know their hot and cold spots. I would never go above all star level unless you can beat the best and worst teams consistently blowout with a bad team. Sixers dont have a great low post threat and their backup center is Speights
Battie and a rookie. So your primary scoring should be slashing and setting up players on the perimeter. If Speights is still on your team use him on mid range pick and POP

Coach settings need to be tweaked check the defensive pressure.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

what about playing on ball D in the low post? Every time I get scored on, or they call a foul. Deandre Jordan kept hitting turn around jumpshots on me yesterday and I was getting annoyed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »