Home

NBA 2k12 Has made me become a B-ball Fan

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 Has made me become a B-ball Fan within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k12 Has made me become a B-ball Fan

I have been Football gamer for YEARS'!!! but son got 2k12 for Xmas, And OMG what Awesome game, I am Franchise buff, Now i don't watch B-ball, And never played a B-ball game...But 2k12 Franchise & My player gives me just what am looking for, I don't see me buying a Madden or other football game until they can give me what 2k12 is giving me,
Any Pointers for a New B-Ball Gamer???? I have never had a football game make me where i can't wait to get home from work, lol.... Now 2K5 football game gave me the same feeling, But Am sure the B-ball guru's on here have a few items that falls short for them'!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2k12 Has made me become a B-ball Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy40
I have been Football gamer for YEARS'!!! but son got 2k12 for Xmas, And OMG what Awesome game, I am Franchise buff, Now i don't watch B-ball, And never played a B-ball game...But 2k12 Franchise & My player gives me just what am looking for, I don't see me buying a Madden or other football game until they can give me what 2k12 is giving me,
Any Pointers for a New B-Ball Gamer???? I have never had a football game make me where i can't wait to get home from work, lol.... Now 2K5 football game gave me the same feeling, But Am sure the B-ball guru's on here have a few items that falls short for them'!!!!!!
That's pretty sweet man. Only thing I could suggest you is dling a OS roster and slider that addresses appearances, coach files, and competition.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA Jam made me a basketball fan (and actually inspired me to play and be a lot more active and "athletic" than I'd otherwise have been) and 2k made me a serious student of the sport and a hardcore fan of my team.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

My advice is ignore the main nba2k forum it's full of debbie downers claiming 2k is the devil. Stick to the sub-forums and keep enjoying the game.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

Back in the day, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan made me a B-ball fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn
My advice is ignore the main nba2k forum it's full of debbie downers claiming 2k is the devil. Stick to the sub-forums and keep enjoying the game.
Amen.

While I've had moments of frustration with this game, the amount of negative comments is unreal. Overall, it's a great game of basketball. In some ways, last years was so good once it was patched I guess some negative stuff about it was inevitable, but glad you (topic creator) enjoy it.

As far as pointers, look for some sliders as a general guide, but I'd just tweak them to your liking as you go & not get discouraged when the cpu decides to pummel you. The other team will make you pay for your mistakes.

And a word of warning, if you really get into the My player mode, it can be kinda like crack. The "just one more game" syndrome that can keep you up a lot later than you really planned.........
Old 01-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

glad to hear this.
its funny, this year there are alot of people bashing the game, and I personally dont understand why.
2k12 overall is a great game.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

truth be told this is a biased form with almost everyone playing against the CPU instead of with friends or in leagues. of course the game will be good when most only play association or legends game which isnt even half the game. They made the game super easy on offense especially shooting so the "fun" limit is gonna go up when the game is "pick up and play". overall is a step back from last yers game. offline and online. when the vets of this forum are calling out 2k then something is wrong

the blind dont want to see but those who play every facet of the game can see with 20/20 in this forum.

Last edited by thugnificant; 01-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »