Home

Idea for a new achievement

This is a discussion on Idea for a new achievement within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Idea for a new achievement

"Hit a perfect release foul shot with Andris Biedrins. 30 G"

I just did it for the first time. It's pretty tough to do. Who else has crazy free throw timing that is impossible to hit right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Idea for a new achievement

Chuch Hayes and Shaq off the top of my head. Carlos Boozer has a tough release but I took some advice that when you see his hand start to shoot after the initial raise, let go. I have a doosie of a time with Durants. It looks terrible and is hard to time perfectly because the animation is really nothing like his release IRL. Same goes for a lot of the players in the game but the fact that we have 100+ forms and 50+ gathers are pretty sweet. Got to hand it to 2k on that one. Keep 'em coming next year.

On the other hand, it seems like 2k took the easiest sig releases out of the game. Melo and Amare are two off the top of my head, which is kind of silly considering they left sig releases like S. Singletary and some others who are not even in the game. BTW, who the hell is D. Barnett??

Anyhow, I think that Brandon Roy's free throw is the best capture of a sig free throw. Iverson's was good too.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Josh Childress has a tough FT
Old 01-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

CueDub's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie030587
Chuch Hayes and Shaq off the top of my head. Carlos Boozer has a tough release but I took some advice that when you see his hand start to shoot after the initial raise, let go. I have a doosie of a time with Durants. It looks terrible and is hard to time perfectly because the animation is really nothing like his release IRL. Same goes for a lot of the players in the game but the fact that we have 100+ forms and 50+ gathers are pretty sweet. Got to hand it to 2k on that one. Keep 'em coming next year.

On the other hand, it seems like 2k took the easiest sig releases out of the game. Melo and Amare are two off the top of my head, which is kind of silly considering they left sig releases like S. Singletary and some others who are not even in the game. BTW, who the hell is D. Barnett??

Anyhow, I think that Brandon Roy's free throw is the best capture of a sig free throw. Iverson's was good too.
D. Barnett? His name is Dick Barnett. He played for the Knicks 1970 NBA Championship team. He did have a funky release and leg kick, but I don't remember it being quite like 2K's version. He had a nice career with the Knicks. He might even have his number 12 retired, but don't quote me on that.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Dirk has a somewhat tough release too. Anyone who pauses in their form is tough to master. David Lee also has a pretty difficult release if I remember correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Chuck Hayes. And in 2K11 I basically memorized Shaq's release, it was actually pretty easy lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »