Home

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Your right and 2k could sign with a lot of companys like espn , sports center and nba tv to keep them up to date rosters but don't use whats given and crew wasn't in game either such a let down I would think they use it
as A DLC I would Pay for.

Last edited by Pared; 02-20-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Removing quoted post.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop15
Your right and 2k could sign with a lot of companys like espn , sports center and nba tv to keep them up to date rosters but don't use whats given and crew wasn't in game either such a let down I would think they use it
as A DLC I would Pay for.
And no patches needed
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Rookie

boodahisthe1's Arena

OVR: 3
i am very disappointed with 2k..i didnt expect them to have everything updated when the season started on christmas becuz during that time people usually take vacations from work or just would have time off..but we are almost at the end of february and we get half-*** updates..i bought this game on release day, i also bought the dlc..why, becuz i am a loyal 2k fan..but it seems as if my loyalty, along with others on this website means nothing..the only thing i can think of is that they are waiting for the trade deadline to pass and then we will get an official update with all missing players and art mods..
Old 02-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
Thats funny, Im reading on the back of the box, "more dynamic updates than ever before, from shoes to player models, to court floors-ensuring that 2k12 looks just like the real NBA" and Ive yet to see anything like that...

false advertising?
this exactly, these roster updates are void for me until i the art updates come, shame that its been this long and they havent released anything they promised except a slimmer perkins body, lol at 2k, pc is where its at, for now on for me, save myself and extra $40 worth of console headaches
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.

On topic - JR Smith in the game, and he brings some JR Smith cheese along with his arrival. This guy can light it up in this game. He has the perfect blend of Swiss and Cheddar, the Swiss being he can get to the rim and finish with a nasty dunk, the Cheddar being he can spot up and hit the 3. It's a perfect blend of 2 fine cheeses.
You can't be serious! Saying "2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way" sounds like you're talking about a totally different game. We're talking about NBA 2K12. What are you talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

OVR: 0
Fluent sounds suspiciously supportive of 2K. He's right about one thing though, you do see what you want to see. I see so many little things that 2K could fix on the rosters to increase the realism of the game, such as adding an arm sleeve here or the right socks there. These small details might not mean much to some, but to other people who paid $60 for a product that advertised its realism and roster updates, it does mean something.

There's really no excuse for such inconsistent and mediocre updates from 2K. Seriously, how hard is it to add an arm sleeve to Blake, or change LA's socks, or increase Pekovic's ratings? It's simple fixes like this continue to be ignored and that continue to piss customers off.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7
Give 2k a break, the lock out really put things out of wack for them. I'm big on custom rosters anyway.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #24
Rookie

jcwkings's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Inclu

How is Demarcus Cousins still a 71? He should be the best player on the Kings and be rated at least a 78. Hes been pretty much putting up 20 and 12 type games ever since the coaching change and his rating hasn't gone up at all. Proof that 2k only pays attention to big market teams/best teams. Guess what your supposed to be covering the entire NBA, not just what you see on the front page of ESPN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »