Home

NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM EST

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM EST within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I respectfully dispute the quoted. There's a reason 2K has historically refused to release footage of their "new" game this early in the year. It's because they're right in the middle of production. The bits and pieces we've seen at this time of year in seasons past very frequently look nothing like the eventual game itself.

Also, while I agree the Slam Dunk Contest controls are nothing less than startling, customers will not have to five dollars from it. They're just have to put five dollars down toward their eventual purchase.
And you know what....I'll give them the benefit of the doubt & chill a little bit on my previous comment. I should give them more leeway because it's early on in development still, but seeing that cheese layup by Manu & some examples of bad collision detection just makes me
Old 06-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #274
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K13 Gameplay Video Featuring Spurs vs. Thunder & All Star Weekend - 6/4 10PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R._Rider
I didn't see the presentation, so I have no clue what you guys are talking about. What's up with the dunk contest controls?

I'm trying to figure out the whole Guitar Hero corollary.
The dunktar hero contest is at 1:51
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #275
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
And you know what....I'll give them the benefit of the doubt & chill a little bit on my previous comment. I should give them more leeway because it's early on in development still, but seeing that cheese layup by Manu & some examples of bad collision detection just makes me
I feel that. That Manu layup did not please me either. And I'm not saying 2K13 is going to be sweet. I just think it's 78% too early in the process to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #276
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

My guess is that the layup animation (the stick was moved to shoot) started at the top of the key. Nothing branched off from it.

Maybe it's expectations from seeing all of the other E3 videos. But I just feel like that shouldn't happen at this point with such a good game.

We're not talking for them to bring in something groundbreaking here.

But I saw enough of that (especially from the CPU) in 2K12.
To be fair, most of the other E3 videos came from games who do not have a yearly October 4th release date. Most non-sports games have extended development cycles that likely extend beyond that of a yearly sports game. I feel like the 2K13 footage could have barely been over halfway complete. For reference, here's what "2K12" looked like last year:

I don't even have to refer to the non-sports games. The sports games have made strides. I won't even mention them specifically because we'll get off topic.

I'm not going to say 2K spent more time with the All Star mode because they haven't totally played their hand yet.

But if you told me that footage was 2K12 I would have no problem believing you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #277
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To be fair, most of the other E3 videos came from games who do not have a yearly October 4th release date. Most non-sports games have extended development cycles that likely extend beyond that of a yearly sports game. I feel like the 2K13 footage could have barely been over halfway complete. For reference, here's what "2K12" looked like last year:

The irony of that clip...at 1:46 you can see Bynum start to double team Bosh who doesn't even have the ball yet. With the new gameplay, the defensive AI are staying with their man.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #278
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

The isomotion seems the same and I'm okay with that... But just in case 2k reads this fix the player's body this is what live is doing "In addition to authentic player shoes, tattoos and hair, signature bodies enable NBA LIVE 13 to scale and map every single player to their real-life size and tailor the player model to each individual’s body composition" stop giving everyone lebron bodies. I don't know how live will look but this is a really good Idea for 2k as well. Just shorten the shorts and make the jersey's tighter that will automatically make the graphics better.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #279
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I know theres a command to space better but I really hate that whenever you start to drive your AI teammates tend to get in your way bringing there defender with them. If your AI teammates starts to do that I really wish that 2k will make them do a mini pick animation or just some sort of animation....

1:04 where Tiago Splitter start to move up to Ginobli when he starts to drive...that would've been a perfect time to do that pick animation....same instance in 1:07 where Jackson just casually runs by Ginobli...he could've set a tiny pick or some sort of contact animation...

Screen animation would've been nice to see in 50 seconds....it just needs more contact...
Old 06-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #280
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I don't even have to refer to the non-sports games. The sports games have made strides. I won't even mention them specifically because we'll get off topic.

I'm not going to say 2K spent more time with the All Star mode because they haven't totally played their hand yet.

But if you told me that footage was 2K12 I would have no problem believing you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
In truth, basketball games operating on a true one-year life cycle possibly get the shortest end of the stick for an early June tech expo. Even football games are likely two months further along in their development than basketball; hockey at least one month. The Live series has been tinkering their game for years now without needing a release.

I obviously don't know, but there's absolutely zero parts of me that believes 2K spent more time on the All-Star mode than the things that really matter.

And that was my point of my Kobe link (about you being able to mistake the 2K13 footage for 2K12). The Kobe footage was just as easily mistaken as 2K11 rather than 2K10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »