Home

NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Simulation....

My Player needs some sort of position battle ordeal

Another idea the ability to be traded during your draft now this can happen 3 ways
I definitely want the ability to simulate any game. Maybe I want to play 10+ seasons. There can still be key games, but the ability to choose which key game I want to play would be so much better. I dont want to have to face the same teams 3-4 times a season. I just want to face them 2 times. Heck, I just want to play 10-15 games a season.

I definitely want to position battle/minutes to be fixed. I dont want to play average and overtake someone who is playing way better than I. It was the main reason why I always play key games. I dont want to become the starter in the 1st season unless the person infront of me sucks. I wouldnt mind it being goal-oriented. Like score over 15-20+ pts over long span of games or outscore the starter over the span of the month, or give up less than ___ pts over a span of __ months, avg a A teammate grade over a span of __ month

I would like the ability to be traded in the draft or teams trade up to get you. It would add realism. Imagine sitting there at the 15th pick and your favorite team/preferred team is next and a team trades with them to get you. Or a GM that that liked your interview and your tape, saying that if you fall they will trade up to get you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Instead of press conferences after every game, have interviews only for the player of the game as they walk off the court like in real life. Also interviews in the locker room if you're on the losing team. Save the press conferences for the playoffs.

I dont like there being PCs after every game. Gets repetitive. I would like to get interviewed on the court. I would also like to get asked questions about teammates or trade deadline/FAs available.

Be able to hire an agent to negotiate contracts or request trades. The better the agent, the more money you can receive. Include contract incentives and milestones. Your agent would also present you with all the offers from different teams if you become a top free agent.

I would definitely like to have a agent. I would like to be hype meter in My buzz. So if you have good pre-draft workouts and projected to be a high draft pick, you have offers from good agents. The better the agent, more money and more endorsements you get. I would like contract incentives. Like hitting certain milestones, making All-Star, becoming starter, playing X amount of mins, and winning awards.

Bring back all the pre-draft competition. You should be able to schedule workouts with different teams in order to raise your stock, in addition to being interviewed. If you get injured you may get red flagged. Have minigames for the draft combine. Have the option to skip all the pre-draft stuff, but risk getting picked later.

I would like to do pre-draft workouts. The pre-draft workout could just be drills. I would like the workouts to be before the game. you can choose to decline workouts which might be a red flag.

Bring back crib mode. The more money you have, the better crib you can afford. Maybe you start out in an apartment, or a teammate's couch. You should only be able to visit the crib during home games.

Not just crib mode, but something to buy other than on-court/XP/my buzz related. Whats the point of having the money when you cant spend it. You could buy shoes, cars, houses, accessories, suits for pregames, haircuts

Be able to meet with your coach or owner to talk about your role on the team, ask for more minutes, talk about the direction of the team, etc. You can be defined as the franchise player, part of the core, role player, or 6th man off the bench. If you're not on the same page then you can ask to be traded.

I would want that. I would like to choose the ability to a 6th man, a rotational player. I would like to talk to the coach about stuff like minutes, direction of teams, and role. I would also like to ask the coach to trade/sign for specfic type of players(not players). If you become of star you can ask for specific players. I would also like to ask the coach to run specific plays for me. I like that we can choose what type of play we want, but if we become stars or over 80, I would like to choose what play I want to run(Not calling plays). So I can tell the coach, I want to run a specific iso/pick n roll/mid-out shot play I want to be called for me

Other NBA players should be able to send you text messages. For example, congratulating you on a good performance or recruiting you to their teams. Imagine receiving a text from your favorite NBA player!
This is something I really liked in Madden 05. I would like to be able to communicate with other players in the league or have the team officials or GM text me. Like, a player like Kyrie congratulating you for being drafted to the team or someone like Lebron giving you props to on being a All-star/player of week(or month)/winning a reward) or your coach commenting your game
Old 07-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

it would be cool if they sorta made My Player and the Association into one, so like in 2k12 you have the hall of fame after you retire, but then teams go after you as a coach or scout or something, but you can still play the games like in association.

just a little idea i had.

obviously still have Association on its own, but add it into My Player.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Rookie

To add to the realism, I need the option to have a second career. Will I be Ray Allen as Jesus Shuttlesworth (successful) or Shaq as a rapper/TNT analyst (running joke).
Bruins-6 Stanley Cups
33 championship parades
Boston>New York>LA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
Rookie

If you retire you should have a chance to come-back in the league or maybe become a coach or assistant coach, maybe even a scout. Then as the manager/coach you could change your team names, make trades, change your stadium location, etc. Have press conferences after games if you did something wrong or right, etc. Who likes? Even better, be able to be a commentator!! And make some money maybe or even REFEREE !! Then you get to go back home, sleep, go referee, commentate the next game you'd like to and you'd have to pay rent monthly and bills and stuff like real life. That'd be like you do in real-life. Pretty cool to me. More Hairstyles, Add Unibrows, More shoe endorsements, Ability to go top 10 picks and possibly 2nd round. Ability to not be drafted at all and play in overseas, have the ability to say what you want in the press conference, Be able to hire an agent to negotiate contracts or request trades. The better the agent, the more money you can receive. Include contract incentives and milestones. Your agent would also present you with all the offers from different teams if you become a top free agent. Interviews from like Doris Burke, on the court. Interviews in locker room if you lost. Have top 10 plays of week/month and if your on there you get to watch it at your crib, idk. Be able to meet with your coach or owner to talk about your role on the team, ask for more minutes, talk about the direction of the team, etc. You can be defined as the franchise player, part of the core, role player, or 6th man off the bench. If you're not on the same page then you can ask to be traded. Be able to see how well your jersey is selling among the top ten in the league. Endorsements and popularity as well as playing in a larger market will help raise your sales. Other NBA players should be able to send you text messages. For example, congratulating you on a good performance or recruiting you to their teams. Imagine receiving a text from your favorite NBA player! Be able to receive invites from the NBA to participate in All Star festivities like the dunk contest and three point shootout. Receive money bonuses or raise your popularity by performing well. D-League! + this comment if you like this Most ideas from me.

Last edited by tromhaT; 07-10-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Took some from other posts that id like.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Gameface The ability to upload a picture of myself so that MyPlayer actually looks like me.

Jerseys Come on, I can only wear my home and away jersey now, that's terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »