Home

NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Talking NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist

NBA 2k13

My Player:

My personal wishlist

*An actual story line. let what you say in the press conferences and interviews effect dynamic cut-scenes or actual game play off of the court.

*More customization when you create your player. When people make a player in 2k12 they get kinda frustrated with the lack of hairstyles they have in the game... here is something that gets to me, i think you should be able to choose your sock color instead of it being the regular home=white/away=black.

*there should be up to ten shoe endorsements. Everyone knows Jordan has over 100 shoe endorsements, so why should our players be limited to one?

*THE ABILITY TO GO 1st PICK OF THE DRAFT!!! I'm not saying it should be easy, but make it possible!

*Dynamic Rosters within My Player Mode. Have the game do dynamic roster updates within My Player like trades, releases, signings, etc.

*Be able to have a house and/or car? I know it sounds dumb... but wouldnt it be cool?!

Ok guys, give me some of your ideas! GET CREATIVE!

PSN:swatteamUK12

X360:Ahabaman14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k13 My Player Wishlist

I like the idea about having more than a Jordan shoe endorsement, maybe I'm an Adidas person or a Reebok fan or even a regular Nike fan, more companies should be available for a shoe deal. To add to the shoe deal the ability to design your own shoe aka create a shoe...I don't want a preset shoe design, give me the ability to design it how I want to, they used to have a create a shoe option on last gen 2Ks I think it's time to bring it to next gen for My Player mode (at the very least)

Simulation....can I please have the ability to simulate any game I want to much like association mode, I don't see why I am forced to play games that I may not want to play or why can't I just simulate one game at a time, I may want to play a team that's not a Key game or the next game on the game on the schedule. Makes no since that you can't sim to any game you wish to play.

My Player needs some sort of position battle ordeal, right now it takes little effort to become a starter of your team...just playing multiple games and being moderately decent can lead you to start easy early in the season. You should have to battle your way into a starting role and the better the player at that position the harder it will be to start over that player, especially if that player is someone like Kobe or Lebron etc. etc. starting over them should be next to impossible because of who and how good they are. Therefore this is where the game could utilize secondary positions that you may have chosen (that's right secondary position that you choose) and they slide you over to that position if you can beat the starter out at that position. Also, if your not playing up to the standards the team expects of a starter you may find yourself planted on the bench having to fight your way into a starting role again. You should also have the option to pull a Jason Terry and become a sixth man if the team ask you to do so or you choose to do so, yup there is that word again choose...it is My Player therefore you should have the ability to control your own destiny...that even means if you feel like being a role player you can do so.

Another idea the ability to be traded during your draft now this can happen 3 ways, maybe you are a part of a trade rights deal we seen it happen plenty where a team will draft a player for another team then swap them in a trade later. Second way to get traded is after you get selected they should have an interview of you after walking of stage and you can say something along the lines that you don't want to play for *insert team here* and afterwards you may get traded to an unknown team. Lastly, you can just get traded just because a team felt they could get a good deal for your talent.

I have may have more ideas later but that's all I got right now.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

I like your idea about the position battle, it kinda reminds me of NCAA Football 12.

Another thing i would like to add is difficulty. Sometimes even on Hall Of Fame, The game kinda gets easy and boring at some points. I do not know about anyone else but I want this to be the closest thing to NBA there is! That kinda ties in where you were talking about starting being easy in My Player. Another I remember from 2k11 and 2k12 is that even if your player wasn't too good and got drafted late 1st round/mid second round he would still be a key player to the team!? I'm sorry but in real life that player would be warming the bench for the first 40 minutes! I just see a lot of lack of realism. Its almost like 2k is letting you off easy. Haha!

Feel free to post more i love hearing these!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me.. The championship round will be hit by MIAMI and Boston!! I hope my wish gonna be granted..
Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandalen
For me.. The championship round will be hit by MIAMI and Boston!! I hope my wish gonna be granted..
what do you mean by that?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Also what about being able to update rosters while in my player to whatever roster you want it to be? How about having sliders who suck at my player no offense.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Instead of press conferences after every game, have interviews only for the player of the game as they walk off the court like in real life. Also interviews in the locker room if you're on the losing team. Save the press conferences for the playoffs.

Be able to hire an agent to negotiate contracts or request trades. The better the agent, the more money you can receive. Include contract incentives and milestones. Your agent would also present you with all the offers from different teams if you become a top free agent.

Bring back all the pre-draft competition. You should be able to schedule workouts with different teams in order to raise your stock, in addition to being interviewed. If you get injured you may get red flagged. Have minigames for the draft combine. Have the option to skip all the pre-draft stuff, but risk getting picked later.

Bring back crib mode. The more money you have, the better crib you can afford. Maybe you start out in an apartment, or a teammate's couch. You should only be able to visit the crib during home games.

Be able to watch something like sports center for the top 10 highlights of the night to see if you make it. There should be an achievement for reaching the top highlight.

Have scouting reports that you can read about your next opponent's tendencies so that you can prepare for the matchup.

Be able to meet with your coach or owner to talk about your role on the team, ask for more minutes, talk about the direction of the team, etc. You can be defined as the franchise player, part of the core, role player, or 6th man off the bench. If you're not on the same page then you can ask to be traded.

The media should start rumors about you which affect your perception around the league. You can then address if they are true or false in interviews. This will tie in with the popularity/team chemistry attributes.

Be able to see how well your jersey is selling among the top ten in the league. Endorsements and popularity as well as playing in a larger market will help raise your sales.

Bring back D-League.

Be able to receive invites from the NBA to participate in All Star festivities like the dunk contest and three point shootout. Receive money bonuses or raise your popularity by performing well.

New endorsement idea: Star on the cover of NBA 2K.

Other NBA players should be able to send you text messages. For example, congratulating you on a good performance or recruiting you to their teams. Imagine receiving a text from your favorite NBA player!

Last edited by FlyRice; 07-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Instead of press conferences after every game, have interviews only for the player of the game as they walk off the court like in real life. Also interviews in the locker room if you're on the losing team. Save the press conferences for the playoffs.

Be able to hire an agent to negotiate contracts or request trades. The better the agent, the more money you can receive.

Bring back all the pre-draft competition. You should be able to schedule workouts with different teams in order to raise your stock, in addition to being interviewed. If you get injured you may get red flagged. Have minigames for the draft combine. Have the option to skip all the pre-draft stuff, but risk getting picked later.

Bring back crib mode. You should only be able to visit the crib during home games.
+1 definetely

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »