Home

Whats the big deal with crew?

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal with crew? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
No doubt - you are on point. But most of the issues with Crew were due to design flaws that could easily be fixed (e.g. the 7'5 point guards). The concept of Crew/Team-Up is genius and will blow up sooner or later. All you need is the tools and infrastructure to run it in an organized manner instead of being forced to do quick matches where half your team gets kicked before the game is over.

Humans are always going to find a way to get a competitive edge aka cheese. You see it in real life NBA (e.g. flopping). That is something we can't control. What we should be able to control is who we play against and thus only play against people that play the same way we do. We can do it now with online leagues, but we never had the opportunity to do it with crew or team-up.

But when all is done right, the good will outweigh the bad 100 fold.

simply put caps are needed for online, offline make your 7'5 pgs and stuff but online a line has to be drawn somewhere
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
simply put caps are needed for online, offline make your 7'5 pgs and stuff but online a line has to be drawn somewhere
Ive always thought it would be effective to have 2 my players, one for offline and one for online. That way people can hack their offline play and then everyone online would be able to play with normal sized players.

Of course someone will find a way around that but it would be a start. Also CAPs help a lot, and it made the game much more balanced when they added the height CAP depending on position.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

I've envisioned them creating crew leagues or bracket tournaments. Then they would give options for stuff like each position's max height, player's max rating, team cumulative rating cap, max # of players at each position, whether guys can play out of position, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
Banned

718_R3loaded's Arena

OVR: 4
Exclamation Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Crew was one of the best modes 2k ever came up with, it's pure brilliant "Create your own player build em up to 99 and go to war with your friends against other crews"

you say whats the big deal aye? sit back and enjoy the list

: You have the ability to team up with multiple friends using players you created that resembles yourselves

: 99 myplayers vs 99 myplayers the thrill of the challenge, you don't know what to expect you don't know what crew your going to play you don't know how good they may be but you and your team better be ready

:Bragging rights for who has the best crew

:Customize your own courts

:customize your own jerseys however you want

:Create your own crew name

:The ability to be a GM and run the show

:The idea of bringing new talent to your crew

:The Microphone communication "yo yo when i bring the ball up the court cut this way, fall out to the 3 point line, set a pick and do this or that" your so into the game and can create plays for each other rather than playing quick match online having to do everything yourself.

:Pick up games, the idea of finding potential for your crew in pickup games

:Last but not least, Just the idea that your part of a team with goals and expectations who wouldn't want to team up with their friends online and start their own crews? is 99 everything realistic? NO is it fun? YES

Negatives --- HACKING

im on PS3 so we didn't have to deal with hacking though.

Lets be real here

-myplayer without crew gets BORING quick

-Quick matches- Gets boring it feels like a marathon over and over when people keep picking the same teams thunder and heat thunder and heat thunder and heat ok we get it you love Lebron and Durant their your best chances of wining whoopty doo

-LEAGUE GAMES- they never get finished

i felt naked playing 2k12 without crew, like piece of my heart was gone now take that to the bank lol

Last edited by 718_R3loaded; 08-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718_R3loaded
Crew was one of the best modes 2k ever came up with, it's pure brilliant "Create your own player build em up to 99 and go to war with your friends against other crews"

you say whats the big deal aye? sit back and enjoy the list

: You have the ability to team up with multiple friends using players you created that resembles yourselves

: 99 myplayers vs 99 myplayers the thrill of the challenge, you don't know what to expect you don't know what crew your going to play you don't know how good they may be but you and your team better be ready

:Bragging rights for who has the best crew

:Customize your own courts

:customize your own jerseys however you want

:Create your own crew name

:The ability to be a GM and run the show

:The idea of bringing new talent to your crew

:The Microphone communication "yo yo when i bring the ball up the court cut this way, fall out to the 3 point line, set a pick and do this or that" your so into the game and can create plays for each other rather than playing quick match online having to do everything yourself.

:Pick up games, the idea of finding potential for your crew in pickup games

:Last but not least, Just the idea that your part of a team with goals and expectations who wouldn't want to team up with their friends online and start their own crews? is 99 everything realistic? NO is it fun? YES

Negatives --- HACKING

im on PS3 so we didn't have to deal with hacking though.

Lets be real here

-myplayer without crew gets BORING quick

-Quick matches- Gets boring it feels like a marathon over and over when people keep picking the same teams thunder and heat thunder and heat thunder and heat ok we get it you love Lebron and Durant their your best chances of wining whoopty doo

-LEAGUE GAMES- they never get finished

i felt naked playing 2k12 without crew, like piece of my heart was gone now take that to the bank lol
Good post. I'm sure if 2k13 didn't have Crew it'd be a good game still..but the replay value wouldn't be there. I was still playing 2K11 until they shut the servers off a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #14
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
It's not for me, but I do understand its appeal and hope its in for you guys that enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like crew mode, but i don't like players being able to use their MyPlayers in it. I'd much rather have us given the option from choosing a pool of real NBA rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Kids love to cheese with their 7'5 99 rated players. Just that. I rather play teamup with real players , but maybe I'm getting too old?

Last edited by Norris_Cole; 08-16-2012 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »