Home

Whats the big deal with crew?

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal with crew? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #25
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
None of my friends play crew so this was useless for me. Plus we couldn't even get into a game when we were on a crew.
That's where you get to those ranked games with your player and play your *** off. I don't want to say I'm a sim gamer cause the word 'sim' gets tossed around like Rihanna now, I'm a basketball player, when I play 2K I play basketball, realistic as possible. So when I played rank that's all I did, even if my teammates all thought there myplayers were 99s and they refused to play team ball, eventually my performance ultimately led to SOOOOO many people asking if I was on a crew or if I wanted to join one. And I'm usually scouting whenever I played ranked games with myplayer, so if I thought there was someone with potential I'd ask. Ultimately, some of these guys I still have on my friends list, and when my friends stopped playing, their was a "sim" team who recruited me to play on their squad, and then those guys became friends, and to this day, those "random" guys that recruited me ended being some really cool friends of mine and would be the crew I ran with had crew been on 2K13. So point is, just cause your friends don't play, mean you shouldn't. There will always be some more friends you could possibly make during crew lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #26
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't even care about the people cheating on PS3. Losing isn't going to ruin the game for me, I had waaaaaaaay more great games than bad ones in that regard on PS3. Maybe it really was that bad on Xbox but I can handle the Big Vic's of the world (ps3 guys will get this). You can beat guys that Spin Dunk too it's not that hard.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
I'm just sick of this notion that "offline = sim" or "association = sim" No. Association = Being a GM. Offline means your playing bots. That's "sim?"

If you want TRUE BASKETBALL, Crew is where it's at. Yes, maybe the execution of Crew had some flaws, but the premise of Crew is as comparable to real basketball as you can get.

What's the appeal of Crew? Idk... what's the appeal of going to your local court to play pickup ball or playing a rec league in real life basketball? Same premise. Crew was an Epic idea, flawed execution (cheaters, cheese, etc). So execute it better and it'd be money. You don't scrap a mode because it had some flaws...you clean up the flaws.
So let me get this straight...you start off your post complaining about other people telling you and dictating to you what is "sim" or "true basketball" in their eyes in regards to association, and then proceed to state emphatically that crew mode is the only true basketball and sim mode? LOL nice.

And it is a video game, nothing about your crew mode or association is close to true basketball in any sense of the word IMO. I just play to be entertained and association does that for me. If I want true basketball I will go play it on a court, that is TRUE BASKETBALL.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #28
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
So let me get this straight...you start off your post complaining about other people telling you and dictating to you what is "sim" or "true basketball" in their eyes in regards to association, and then proceed to state emphatically that crew mode is the only true basketball and sim mode? LOL nice.

And it is a video game, nothing about your crew mode or association is close to true basketball in any sense of the word IMO. I just play to be entertained and association does that for me. If I want true basketball I will go play it on a court, that is TRUE BASKETBALL.
Online play is the future of gaming, I used to be a hardcore offline gamer but I'm definitely starting to stray from it. Crew kind of ruined the offline game for me. It just feels stale at times.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Online play is the future of gaming, I used to be a hardcore offline gamer but I'm definitely starting to stray from it. Crew kind of ruined the offline game for me. It just feels stale at times.
People cheat online, cheese, not my future in gaming. If they take away offline eventually, bye bye PS3 gaming for me. Besides my internet sucks, I'd never finish a game online without it shorting out lol
Old 08-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #30
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

Quote:
People cheat online, cheese, not my future in gaming. If they take away offline eventually, bye bye PS3 gaming for me. Besides my internet sucks, I'd never finish a game online without it shorting out lol
People look for advantages in every facet of life. Why should people get really bent out of shape if they do it in a video game? I never understood that. Yeah it's annoying to have a 7'5 C hopping in the paint but I'd say 90% of my crew games were great on PS3. Now that Yao's out of the league 7'3 should be the tallest player we'll see in MP mode
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I'm not boycotting the game over it, but the appeal to crew is simple.

Honestly once they bring it back (and do it right) I might retire from online associations and just do Crew full time. I already got some guys I ran from 2K11 just waiting to see if it's in 2K13.

This stuff makes me laugh, way to go. You take games way too serious...

What's the fun in playing online or crew for that matter, knowing so many people lag/the servers are glitchy/... It's a horrible experience, you go for the cross over and the other player already has to anticipate before he evens sees the cross over. In real life you can see the cross over and still get there in time. Not in 2K though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:

Well duh of course it's not real / true basketball, it's a simulation... that's why I said the "premise of Crew is as comparable to real basketball as you can get." It's not an opinion it's a fact of the nature of the sport. And it's not mutually exclusive. I could play ball in real life and also want a similar experience in a videogame....why? Cuz it makes the strategy that much more true to the real life game.

When we play real basketball we don't mind-control 5 players like a Jedi, we play as ourselves and as part of a team ....just like Crew. Yet if you asked around OS, most would say offline Association is 'more sim' than Crew. Association is more realistic to being a GM and running a team, but gameplay-wise Crew is more sim to the Gamer's perspective of real life basketball, and online teamup is more sim to an NBA player's view of basketball. Either way, offline + mind controlling 5 players is not as realistic to each person's real life basketball experience ... controlling 1 player (yourself) in a multiplayer format.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »