Home

Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

This is a discussion on Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

Please add the summer league during the offseason so we can further evaluate our draft pick's talent all the while get a good look at some of the undrafted talent before they hit the free agency pool. I believe this would really add to immersion and actually give us some games to play/watch during the offseason.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 33

- Have bugless stats screens

- Everything should be editable (player ambitions, goals, editable team staff like coaches and assistants, team chemestry, picks trading values, hidden coaches/team ratings, etc ...)

- Have a wider sim stat engine range for results, that not only consider past season trends but also historic performances (like players over 12 assists, 4 blks, teams with less than 20 wins, etc ...)

- Integration of GM personalities (like madden 12) as well as team moods (rebuild, contender, pretender, stand pat)

- Introduce more stories and rumors, as well as features like post game interviews and such things found on my player

- Get rid of the sylouttes for good and at least apply cyber faces to all aspects & parts of the game.

- Give the AI access to the multiteam trade feature already implemented, the AI only does 2 team trades

- Provide a truely dynamic comentary that accounts for current and past individual and team accomplishments, as well as trades and how they affected the standings for those teams

- Introduce a 10 plays of the week feature, integrate a "full" all star weekend and make practice matter

- Make it possible to invite online friends to it

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-03-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

full flex schedule online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

(In no particular order)

- Revamp trade frequency: Self-explanatory; there are way too many trades
- Revamp trade logic: Self-explanatory; it seems like teams just make moves for the sake of making moves
- Revamp team building logic: How many times have we been told by the developers that teams have a master plan in association mode? And how many times have we excitedly started an association, gone a few years deep and noticed that some CPU-controlled team has 5 point guards rated 80 or higher and no other top-tier players on their team?
- Add a place where you can view the actual jerseys you have retired and view that players' stats throughout his career. They have something like that this year but it's only the actual HOF board and you can only see the stats. I want the ability to retire your own team's players' jerseys.
- Revamp trade rumor section: Does anyone actually care about this right now? It's useless and I'm pretty sure all of the "rumors" on the board are not accurate. It just seems like its there for posterity.
- Add ability to promote assistant coaches: I think it's so stupid that you can't promote your assistant coach to your head coach or interim head coach. They're already in the game so why not add this ability?
- Add ability to hire retired players as head and/or assistant coaches: Wouldn't you love to see a player like Jason Kidd (with his high BBIQ ratings) be a candidate for a coaching spot? Obviously, not every retired player can do this but as I mentioned, players with high BBIQ ratings should be able to become candidates upon retirement. Think: Sam Cassell and his assistant gig in Washington.
- Make coaches meaningful and relevant: By this, I mean make a good coach have more of a positive impact and a bad coach have more of a negative impact. This can be done through increased/decreased player ratings, team morale, etc. Maybe certain high-profile players will want to sign with your team because of your extraordinary HOF coach, etc.
- More Association Commentary: What I mean by this is -- there needs to be more commentary specific to the association mode you have started. If a major trade has occurred in the league, whether the players are playing in the game you have started or not, I want to the commentators to talk about it. Maybe have something like an "Around the NBA" segment they go to during telecasts. This could be used to talk about major injuries as well. I'd like them to talk more about playoff pushes, major winning/losing streaks, terrible player stats slumps, etc. The commentary is way too formulaic right now.
- Pre/Post-Game Shows: We've been saying this forever now but it bears repeating; There should be a pre-game show to discussion the upcoming matchup. This could include subjects like winning/losing streaks for the respective teams, star vs. star matchups (ex: Kobe vs. LeBron if the teams are Lakers vs. Heat), recent roster moves, notable achievements about to be obtained (ex: Player X is 24 points away from 6th in NBA history in scoring), etc. Post-game show to highlight the main plays that happened, player of the game award and anything notable that happened during the game.
- Add "Around the NBA" Segment outside of game: Basically, add NFL 2K5's segment with Chris Berman, except substitute NFL with NBA and Chris Berman with some random basketball broadcaster.
- Make Generated NBA Draft prospects look....different and better: This always seems to be a source of issue for the 2K developers but they can never knock it out of the park. This season, they at least made the drafted players look human which is nice but unfortunately, 90% of them look exactly the same (only with varying skin tones).
- Tweak minute allocation: Some players really do play more than 35 minutes per game. Astonishing, I know.
- Tweak simulated statistics: There's simply no excuse why Steve Nash, if given the correct amount of minutes, cannot average even close to 10apg. This is rampant with many players in Association Mode's simulated statistics.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Association is all i play so i think i got a lot on mind

Better Distribution of Wins Among the 30 NBA teams
Sometimes the first place team in the NBA has 56 wins. In real life that's equivalent to a 3rd place team in the Western Conference. I think 2K gives too many wins to the lesser talented teams. Like sometimes the last place team in Association mode will have 25. That's a little high. And Too many teams have 40+ win seasons.

More Accurate Statistics
  • The league leader in blocks averages at best 2 blocks a game. Serge Ibaka might average 1.5bpg in association mode, but in real life he averages a little over 3.0bpg.
  • The league leader in rebounds averages maybe 12. Kevin Love averages only 10, sometimes he could average only 9 in association mode. but in real life he averages like 15 or 14rpg.
  • League Leader in assist averages 10apg. Sometimes maybe just 9. Derron Williams and Chris Paul are averaging 7apg in every association i run. In real life they should be averaging 10 easy.
Some Role Players PPG are too low and FG% are too low. Iman Shumpert might be a 88 overall in association mode but hes only averaging 7ppg as a starter. And someone like Tyson Chandler only averages 3ppg. I know hes not much of a scorer, but in real life he averages 4x that.

Contract Aspect & Other Stuff
Some of the real life NBA contract rules should be in the game

• A player cannot be traded until 6 months after signing a new contract
  • A franchise cannot go two years in a row with out a first round pick.
  • Ability to trade a first and second round pick years in advance
AI General Managers
  • Computer GM should perform 3 team trades amongst each other
  • More realistic draft day trades. A team needs to get a VERY VERY good deal in exchange for their top 10 pick.
  • Trading away top 10 picks need to happen less often
  • Ability to know when it is time to rebuild your roster.
  • The top free agents in Association mode will only have 1 offer. Their needs to be at least 8 teams making offers to the 90+ overall free agent
Player Characteristics
  • Players need to be more willing to at least test free agency even if they know they will end up resigning.
  • Star player's morale need to be affected by the team's success. Dwight Howard should not be content just because he's getting the amount of playing time he deserves. He should be furious because hes playing 35min and the team is 35-47 for the season
  • Not restricting us from making our own superstar teams. I remember back in like October when 2K didn't have rookies and they had the roster from the end of 2010-2011 season. I was the Knicks and it was free agency. i cleared up enough cap to sign Chris Paul, while maintaining Carmelo and Amar'e. Had a better deal than what the hornets were offering yet he signs with the Hornets instead. I don't know if its a bug or what.
  • Have the rumor mill involve players that are more relevant than Josh Harellson
Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
Rookie

I Also think 2K should do away with the overall rating. If only it was that easy for a GM recognize if a player was a good addition to his team if it their was an overall rating stamped on his forehead

you know what i mean?

OH AND I WANT TO CREATE TEAM JERSEY'S

I really could care less about the ability to relocate a team, but at least give us the ability to create a jersey because the Knicks have been due for an alternative jersey for decades

Last edited by TheMan16; 09-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

I love all these ideas, hope SOME are in this year's game.

So, random question. Does the game let you know when and if you break NBA records in association? Like if my team wins 73 games or if someone scores 101 points (Unlikely I know but just saying) or even accomplishments like Kobe passing Malone to go to #2 all time on scoring list if he gets there in a couple of years.

Thanks and great ideas again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I love all these ideas, hope SOME are in this year's game.

So, random question. Does the game let you know when and if you break NBA records in association? Like if my team wins 73 games or if someone scores 101 points (Unlikely I know but just saying) or even accomplishments like Kobe passing Malone to go to #2 all time on scoring list if he gets there in a couple of years.

Thanks and great ideas again!
They do acknowledge if someone scores 101 Points and if someone passes Moses Malone in all time scoring. Just go to
nba.com (in association mode) > Team records

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »