Home

NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
Well, I don't know what version this is, but I'm 100% confident it isn't the version that will be released. Most of the last dozen or so ratings released via twitter are not represented accurately in these ratings (Bosh, Hibbert, Humphries, etc). Further, there are players in the free agent pool that are now signed, players on wrong teams (Matt Barnes), and several foreign players not included (Shved). Not to mention all the low rated rookies (ie, Terrence Jones at 59).

I'm sure some of those glaring roster mistakes will be rectified for the official release. And the ones that aren't will hopefully be in an update within the first week or so...
While that all makes a lot of sense...

How did this Best Buy get a pre-Gold copy? Does 2k know about this?(I assume by now they do).

Also the ratings and free agents could easily be changed with a roster update when you first get the game.

It would be a super rare occurrence for a big box store like Best Buy to let customers play a non-Gold pre-release version of a game right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

No Kareem? I wish 2k would give us an option to give goggles to our CAPS...
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My uneducated shot in the dark theory would be that 2K pushed for the inclusion of those two for their special "legends" emphasis last year; playing the whole angle of "We're gearing a game toward you guys this year and we've got an entire mode devoted to you and we want everyone to be a part of it." As such, I'm guessing 2K was probably able to squeak out a few one year contracts with guys who otherwise wouldn't normally sign (Abdul-Jabbar had be absent from video games for years).
This is the most likely scenario to me also.

But it stills leaves me wondering what was the point to keeping all the classic teams, especially the '77 and '85 Sixers. Without Dr. J. those teams are pretty weak and not really very interesting.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
This is the most likely scenario to me also.

But it stills leaves me wondering what was the point to keeping all the classic teams, especially the '77 and '85 Sixers. Without Dr. J. those teams are pretty weak and not really very interesting.
Mo cheeks and moses malone is good enough I guess :|
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #29
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Well atleast MKG is a lockdown defender lol
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #30
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

No Marques Teague?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #31
Banned

Obviously there will be a roster update like always when the game drops. Relax I'm sure the ratings we got are for the update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biagas
I thought about something like that.. I agree. I wonder what's the big deal, I guess it all comes down to negotiation of $$$
I also heard Charles Barkley discussing his deal with 2K13 this year. For him, he said it wasn't about how much money 2K was willing to give him. Rather, his issue was with the NBA. He said he never likes to allow the NBA to use his likeness because he doesn't like how they've treated retired players (from a monetary perspective). He believes the NBA could be doing (or giving) more to those he played with and those who paved the road for him. Barkley insisted the only reason he did finally end up signing was due to Jay-Z's phone call.

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well, just not his own. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »