Home

NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Complete Player Ratings and Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I also heard Charles Barkley discussing his deal with 2K13 this year. For him, he said it wasn't about how much money 2K was willing to give him. Rather, his issue was with the NBA. He said he never likes to allow the NBA to use his likeness because he doesn't like how they've treated retired players (from a monetary perspective). He believes the NBA could be doing (or giving) more to those he played with and those who paved the road for him. Barkley insisted the only reason he did finally end up signing was due to Jay-Z's phone call.

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well, just not his own. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.

Makes sense.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

The videos got taken down.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I also heard Charles Barkley discussing his deal with 2K13 this year. For him, he said it wasn't about how much money 2K was willing to give him. Rather, his issue was with the NBA. He said he never likes to allow the NBA to use his likeness because he doesn't like how they've treated retired players (from a monetary perspective). He believes the NBA could be doing (or giving) more to those he played with and those who paved the road for him. Barkley insisted the only reason he did finally end up signing was due to Jay-Z's phone call.

So in a roundabout way, Barkley's deal was about money as well. But for a lot of these guys, it could just as well be about principle or simply not wanting their likeness being used by outside companies all the time.
I can understand players not wanting their likenesses used, and I agree with Barkley's stance on the NBA when it comes to retired players.

What makes no sense to me is 2k leaving those classic teams in without those players. '85 Sixers still have Moses and Cheeks so I'll give them a pass on that one for now. But when it comes to the '77 Sixers and the '01 Kings, you can't really call those classic teams(when compared to the other teams in the game) without Dr. J and C-Webb.

The info from 2k so far is giving the impression that all the classic stuff last year is still in the game as far as the teams go at least(no special mode). Clearly this is not the case as several players are missing. Just it makes it seem like they have something to hide.

Whether you care about classic teams or not, this will effect buying decisions for some people. Would be nice if people who do care, could find out what they are in for before purchase.

I don't think that asking for info on this kind of stuff is asking too much a week before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Damn I just gotta say hearing the soundtrack it's like it came straight from my ipod. Man some of these ratings are crazy too but that's every game I guess.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #37
Pro

Anyone know if you can move classic players like you could in 2K11? Or is it the same as 2K12?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #38
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boy
I thought it was said Hibbert will be a 86, he is rated low on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a typo they later said he was a 79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryestye
Jonas Valanciunas at a 59? He was the fifth pick last year. Not sure about that one.
I told everyone he was going to be a 59 last year.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #39
Rookie

seriously how long until ww get 97 knicks and heat i want spree and mashburn
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
FYI, this doesn't appear to be the most up-to-date version, as Matt Barnes is still a Laker and some of the ratings are contrary to 2K's twitter reveals of just this last week.

Good to have, though!
The roster is accurate up to ___, we see this every year.
They never put all the transactions up until the release of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »