Home

Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest?

This is a discussion on Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest?

I just redeemed my code for the All-Star weekend, and just played their 3 pt contest, it's horrific. It looks like they didn't put much effort into it, the camera angle is weird, shot release and grabbing the ball off the rack has no fluidity. The dunk contest, as silly as the "guitar hero" implementation is, was actually pretty fun. You don't have to hit every button perfect in order to execute a dunk, I'm not sure how the scoring is decided but they rate crowd noise as part of scoring (SMH)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest?

Yeah, the 3 point shootout is extremely difficult. Only tried it once and I got 4 points. I don't understand the dunk contest. I completed a dunk, and Dwight just goes on the ground moping while the commentators talk about how I DIDN'T complete it, and I didn't get any points.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4

A pointer I have for the three point contest is watch the shooter, not the bar..I got 16 doing this. The dunk contest is another story. I have played it 5 times,and not completed a single dunk. Annoying as all hell.
Go Mets
Go Michigan
Go Arizona

Find me on Twitter @buffalochipster
and on Facebook.com/buffalo92
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Make sure you guys mention 3-point shootout in bugs thread beause i played it too and its very unresponsive. It has potential to be a lot of fun.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

The 3pt shootout does kind of suck. The dunk contest was better than I expected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahello
Make sure you guys mention 3-point shootout in bugs thread beause i played it too and its very unresponsive. It has potential to be a lot of fun.
The reason you find it unresponsive is because you didn't catch the rhythm of the motion.
You have to get into a rhythm by
1. releasing your shot the same spot each time (of coz at the right timing)
2. pick up the ball at the exact same time right after your shot.
If you do that and shots start going in 2-3x in a row, you will find your player shooting motions more fluid and more balls will go in as long as you keep the rhythm!

P.S. of coz some players are more easy to get into a rhythm than others.
GOT 23 with DIRK.. and the release point is not necessary the highest.. Dirk release point should be a bit earlier before the highest to get shots in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Podolski
The 3pt shootout does kind of suck. The dunk contest was better than I expected.
I agree. The dunk contest is actually kind of fun.. some are really tough for me as I don't play guitar hero at all. But I do wish they would let you do a second retry and let you go around the court to do a dunk and use the scoreboard table thing.. basically What LIVE DID back then.

Last edited by kchui1028; 10-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

The 3-point contest is very sluggish at times. Sometimes when you press square the shooter doesn't start his motion or it's very delayed, throwing off your timing. Also disappointing that you can't use the right stick to shoot. As for the dunk contest, a tutorial or guide would've been nice because some of the motions are hard to get down and I don't know what I'm doing wrong since there's no real feedback.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Dunk contest is kinda fun although I've only converted on very simple dunks. Also, considering how the fans vote for whoever is more popular I can understand crowd noise having an effect on your score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »