Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #817
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Final thought before I have to go to work ..taking pictures at a volleyball match.. The 'Social Media' isn't bad.. since EA did it in Madden, not sure if they were the first.. but I have nearly 5700 real-life Tweets myself.. the game should give us the option of posting one ourselves, maybe the same way as the press conferences, give us 4 options of something to Tweet after a game.. unless I've missed it we can only be posted at not create one?

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #818
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
One thing they REALLY got right is.. Damian Lillard is the biggest ball hog ever.. Bleacher Report (bleacherreport.com) named him as one of the 6 college players who will be ball hogs in the NBA, and 2KSports programmed that right into him. Playing with him in Portland may require me asking for a trade or telling the GM I can't play with him. Finally got a win, beat Dallas.. Lillard was 7 of 18 shooting, but had 10 assists.. he dribbled around so many possessions that nobody else touched the ball on the ones that he shot.
Haha, so true. I just played against him, and all I remember is him taking me to the paint for three straight layups. Same with Steve Blake, which is weird.

I'm now avging 19+ pts a game after 9 games, and with Kevin Martin hurt on my team, I'm wondering when they are going to start me... I scored 30+ the last 5 games with him out and me finally getting more playing time. I complained to the GM about the coaching, haha and soon if we cant keep any consistency, as were 5-4 with 23rd power ranking, ill be asking to be traded...And especially when twitter fans got on me for only having 1 assist, after putting up 31 points, 5 Rebs, 3 steals in a 4 point loss...

Yeah, im having fun.
WIZ
Old 10-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #819
Rookie

OVR: 0
Which game style is better Default or Simulation? Can anybody list the pros and cons of each game style

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #820
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

They didn't fix one thing that always annoyed me.. after I sub in.. my team scores a point, and the other team calls timeout.. happened nearly every game in 2k12 and is happening in 13

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 10-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #821
Rookie

OVR: 2

6'6 Athletic PG Drafted by Rockets couldn't play with Jeremy Lin(Ballhog) got traded to the Mavs went to the team with a 10-19 record

Went 12-3 to get back to 500 but it wasn't easy

First Game as a Mav - Game Winner over Tony Parker and the Spurs

Revenge Game over Rockets - 14 pts 7 rebs 8 ast 4 stl 1 blk 2 to

Fighting for the 8th seed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #822
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhohn160
Haven't seen a whole lot of discussion on GM Sit-downs so I wanted to start touching on one of the newer implementations to the MP/MC scenario and see if we can't make some sense of it and how it impacts the careers...

Real quick --- I'm a 6'5" Scoring PG. I was drafted #21 by the Celtics. I absolutely love playing for them. I was in Phoenix & Philly last year (2K12);neither team could make a shot. Must say, that is not the case is Boston. Anyway...In my pre-draft interview, the C's stated they would probably play meat the 2 considering Rondo & my abilities, which I'm fine with and makes sense (especially after last year when I went as a PG to the Suns and took Nash's job)..

We are half way through the season and I am getting stater’s mins but coming off the bench. Rondo, Bradley & I all get similar mins. What I would like to do is meet with the GM and have them trade Bradley while his OVR & value are still high. Too many times in previous years, I have taken a good player's job to watch him sit on the bench and rapidly lose their OVR. It happened in Philly last year with Dru Holliday. It makes no sense to leave young, valuable players on the bench to do nothing but lose value.

Has anyone done a sit-down where they have requested to have another player on the team traded? Did it work? Were there any negative repercussions?

Does complaining about your playing time help? Negative repercussions?

Do you get brownie points for saying you think the coach is doing a great job?

Any general GM Sit-down topics you have discussed? Any repercussions?

Thanks!

'Dare I say... en fuego?'
Well so far I've used a few GM sitdowns. I told them 'I like the job the coach is doing', because I felt they might fire him, and I don't think it's necessary. I saw no change to my minutes or anything. I also used the 'I want more playing time' sitdown, and they start me when I ask. I used it after I got pretty popular, so idk how the GM would have reacted if I had asked earlier in the year. I also used the 'I don't get along with a specific player' sitdown I believe, because Shawn Marion hasn't hit a jumpshot all season honestly, but he's still on my team missing every possible jumpshot he can. And there were no repercussions, Shawn Marion passed the ball as he didn't know that I complained about him or anything like that. So maybe you should try and get Avery Bradley traded. Say that you don't get along with him, or he's getting in your way, the GM sitdown. I think you should go ahead with it because it doesn't seem as if the GM will tell the player that you want him traded I think is between you and the GM.

Last edited by sleepyshotta; 10-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #823
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian_
HAS ANYONE STARTED IN THE ALL STAR GAME OR IS IT THE SAME AS LAST YEAR?
I got to the all-star game, but I came off the bench(7th on the list for the West), but I think it's due to me not being popular enough to start. On another not, after the All-star game, my minutes remained the same.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #824
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
Well so far I've used a few GM sitdowns. I told them 'I like the job the coach is doing', because I felt they might fire him, and I don't think it's necessary. I saw no change to my minutes or anything. I also used the 'I want more playing time' sitdown, and they start me when I ask. I used it after I got pretty popular, so idk how the GM would have reacted if I had asked earlier in the year. I also used the 'I don't get along with a specific player' sitdown I believe, because Shawn Marion hasn't hit a jumpshot all season honestly, but he's still on my team missing every possible jumpshot he can.

Lol remind me to use that if Marion ever ends up on my team... Good points and thanks for the response. I def hear your point on waiting until you are a little more established before making any requests.

I don't want to be painted as a 'me' guy. Again the main reason I wanted to suggest a trade is because Bradley is a nice player and he should have value. It was crushing to watch Jrue Holiday go from an 82 to a 72 in a matter a few months in 2k12. There goes the teams most valuable asset down the drain in a half of a season. Plus the Coaching AI can make you scratch your head at times. There are way to use all of the talent but Doc just can't seem to get a good rotation goin!

Again, thanks for the comment!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »