Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
How can I get the announcers to say my name and NOT my nickname? I never had this problem in previous years of this game...

I wish there was an option for "none" for nickname
I could be wrong, but I think the announcers say your name if your last name is in the list you can see when you create your player. For example, I think the announcers would actually say a name like Tony Anderson because Anderson is in that long list of names to choose from.

My player is Billy Hoyle, modeled after Woody Harelson's character in White Men Can't Jump. Hoyle isn't in the database of last names, so the announcer just calls him by his nickname, 'The Mayor'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 0

To anyone who was drafted to the hornets at the 10th pick: What position do you play and what was your teammate grade in the rookie showcase?

Last edited by xMVPx3; 10-03-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #267
MVP

OVR: 16

I guess the best way to get VC in this mode is by completing the goals.

Also did the legend training (Isiah Thomas) I think it should be a bigger boost. It was basically 2+ to a few attributes but you can only train with a legend two times it looks like.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #268
Rookie

I hope someone can answer this..

I've accidentally started My Player, but I have not actually played the Rookie Showcase game yet. When the Rookie Showcase was going through the pregame stuff I backed out with save and quit so that I can start at that point later when I want to begin My Career.

I read somewhere on here that there will be a roster update this weekend or soon after, which makes sense because the preseason starts this weekend.

My question is, I'm wondering if the roster update will be applied to My Career since I haven't played the Rookie Showcase game? Or will I have to start the mode over entirely to get the updated rosters in My Career?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #269
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMVPx3
To anyone who was drafted to the hornets at the 10th pick: What was your teammate grade in the rookie showcase?
My grade was a B-
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #270
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Blunted
I could be wrong, but I think the announcers say your name if your last name is in the list you can see when you create your player. For example, I think the announcers would actually say a name like Tony Anderson because Anderson is in that long list of names to choose from.

My player is Billy Hoyle, modeled after Woody Harelson's character in White Men Can't Jump. Hoyle isn't in the database of last names, so the announcer just calls him by his nickname, 'The Mayor'.
Even if you have a first AND last name in the list they won't say it. My guy is named Josh Ramsey and both names are in the list but they always call him by his nickname.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #271
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Even if you have a first AND last name in the list they won't say it. My guy is named Josh Ramsey and both names are in the list but they always call him by his nickname.
****ty bruh. I feel like they used to say the last name in previous versions if it was on the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #272
Rookie

How To Go #1 In NBA 2k13 MyCareer

Consider these rules of thumb, as without them, you will NOT be picked #1.

- A or A+
-Double-double or triple-double
-Answering the interview questions correctly. (yes, there is a right and wrong answer)
-Player Of Game
-Fewer than 5 TO

Tip: It is unlikely the average-pretty good player can get an A or A+ in the allotted time, so shoot for overtime. Though for some this may seem hard, in the 4th quarter, the game should be close anyway. Be patient, use time-management to get game close. Going into OT gives you the extra minutes most might need. However you can go into double OT if u need the grade. Dont win just to win. I once was projected at 4th and got pushed all the way to 18.

Hope this helps!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »