Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

i made myself an athletic 7'0 center and they only play me at center
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Yeah its a known issue. Everyone has this problem, not sure what changed from last year but you will always get called by your nickname.
it has to be some kind of bug. reason being is in the rookie showcase, the announcer will call you by your 1st and last name the whole game. He will never use your nickname. Also in away games, the PA announcer will say just your last name, just like in past 2k games. Time to blow up the 2k twitter feed. Thanks for posting back. Not having the PA call your name takes away from the realism of the game. It won't be cool being called "Money" your entire career. Even Floyd Mayweather isn't called Money that much.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #371
Just started!

Angry Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

What I hate about my player 2k13 mode is the fact that you CANNOT RESTART YOUR PLAYER. last years 2k you could make multiple players. This year nope. Idc about the vc thing . My friend made the account in the begining and used a stupidd name and now because of that I cant change my name . I MEANN really. I even went far enough to delete all 2k13 info off my xbox. Go back in game, its STILL there like WTF! Im so Aggravated with this bull****. Does anyone have some advice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #372
Pro

OVR: 2

I think you have to use a different profile
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #373
Just started!

So I found out that there's no more stat boost from Drills!!! That means no more + speed from dribble course !!!! However I did find that to get gold for it, just use the half circle (counterclockwise) spin move and you can easily beat the defender. Is it just me or is it harder this year? I can hardly score with layups and shooting even though I'm an athletic point guard (albeit a giant one at 6'7).
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #374
Rookie

yevinorion's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
Thanks I never really got into myplayer before. Just sim leagues and my own offline association. I wanna start a myplayer but not sure what position I wanna play. :/
It's a lot of fun. I'd say it depends on what you actually prefer doing. I love scoring from mid and 3pt range, with some layups and dunks splashed in, so I went SG. You can also be a scorer as an SF and if you want to control the offense as well you could go PG. If you prefer to be a post player you could go PF/C. Same if you prefer to be mostly a defender as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #375
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz104
While it does have it's problems, i'm actually enjoying MyCareer.

Intentionally bombed the showcase and actually got drafted to my Celtics. My team played downright awful though; finished last in the conference. The GM actually blew up the roster for this year though, which is pretty cool.

Anyone feel like the VC you earn from playing games just isn't quite enough? I'm putting up double-doubles each night with B+/A teammate grades and I still can't seem to compile enough to really improve my overall.

My newest problem is the fact that sometimes your team mates just won't shoot the ball, especially with the big guys in the paint. I'm setting them up with wide open looks and they just pass out to the PG. If it's not that, then you have your PG trying to drive for contested layups and refusing to pass the ball out.

It's definitely better than 2K12, though. I played on the PC and it really seemed like the game would intentionally force you to miss open looks if you were hot. I've had a few instances with this version where the D isn't respecting me from deep and drained 3-4 wide open threes in a row. The best thing i've seen is where they finally recognize it and start the double teams. That's a real step up from previous games.
They are not giving enough VC, they are using the MUT model and hoping they make a killing with micro transactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #376
Banned

OVR: 10

Speaking of microtransaction i had 250 microsoft point so i wanted to buy some vc for equipment. Well you can get 10,000 for 240 points or 5,000 for 80 points....ill let you guys do the math.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »