Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #4009
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
which pg threw the pass?

On that one, Hubbard. I had 4 total in that game. They both threw 2. But, I will mainly being doing that with Demunyck since he has 91 Pass and Hubbard has 76 pass. I couldnt do it often in NOH because no one could pass there

Those 2 PGs are both beasts. I think even though Hubbard has lower pass, he plays more like a True PG. But, Demunyck's dribble-to-pass ability is great. Next game, I will make sure that Demunyck gets alot of ISO. He shot poorly because he took alot of floaters and inside shots. He is a shot creator, so he needs to be in ISOs. Hubbard is 5'10, but has 90+ Dunk. So when he dunks it, it looks crazy. I rather him Dunk than layup because at 5'10 he will get blocked alot.

With both of them having 88 Off Awr, it really shows on the court. It is one thing to have a high-ish pass rating, but if you have low Off AWR, they wont play efficiently. Rivers had 70+ Pass but with 50+ Off AWR, he often played terrible. I expect both of them to have the Floor General Skill in the future. Like I said earlier, Demunyck made some crazy moves.

Last edited by illwill10; 12-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #4010
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Started the playoffs as #1 seed against the #8 seed Celtics, I decided to play the next key game instead playing every game in the playoffs.

We ended up down 0-3 going in to Game 4. In Game 4, on the Cs home court, I put the team on my back, scoring a team playoff record 63 points, grabbing 10 boards and 12 assists, another team playoff record as we won 119-109. So we lived to fight another day.

In Game 5, we returned home to Charlotte; determined not to get bounced in the 1st, especially at home, the entire team stepped up. Walker had 24 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists, Gordon had 16 points and 6 boards, Thomas had 14 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks and Haywood had 5 points, 8 rebounds, a steal and 3 blocks, the bench also played well. While I had 26 points, 21 boards(team playoff record), 10 assists and 3 steals. We won 103-85 and we're on our way back to Boston for game 6.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #4011
MVP

OVR: 16

Made a all around PF/C

Going to make him a little bit like K-Love and Z-BO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #4012
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
This is how much I'm getting paid in the 3rd year of my rookie contract. I was drafted 17th overall by DAL.Attachment 52976

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you see this screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #4013
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay started my athletic SF...

The Rookie Showcase went good I guess.
18 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, 2 TOs in 23 minutes.

Then I got interviews from Golden State, Detroit and New Orleans and even though everybody wanted me, Golden State chose Barnes (too bad, would have been great with Curry, Lee and Bogut), and then Detroit decided that didn't want me and I ended up to the Hornets... I didn't like this at all..

Lets see what happens.

Last edited by Greekman; 12-24-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #4014
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
Where did you see this screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It's not common, it's a headline on the 'NBA.com headline' screen, usually pops up on the new year(jan. 1st) talking about 'upcoming FA', or will some players use their player option or something of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by sleepyshotta; 12-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #4015
MVP

OVR: 16

53 points 3 rebounds 15 assists on my SG vs the Spurs...

Guess what? we lost...thanks to Jordan's and Blake's pathetic defense KEEP AWAY from the Clippers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #4016
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I had 46pts, 17 rebs, 4 assists, and 6 blocks against Jazz in my 2nd game in the season with ORL. Another blowout win for us. Demunyck and Hubbard combined for 33pts, 11 assists, 11 rebs, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. Demunyck shot similar to last game, but his passes were nice.

I had 40pts and 15 rebs against Hawks. Demunyck was injured the game before. Hubbard had a great game. He had 22pts(10-17), 11 assists, 4 rebs, and 2 steals. He is the truer PG out of the 2 PGs, but his height is his true weakness. Hubbard basically played all game. We dont have another PG beside Demunyck.

We are 4-0 and the 3 games I played it is 30+ pt blowout wins. But, we havent been tested yet. I was able to have great games in all 3 because I didnt face a defensive front yet. The game I am looking forward to play is Lakers. Kobe and Nash already retired, but they do have talent. They have Marquis Teague who progressed well, Dwight is still good, Gasol regress(but is still good), and they drafted a SF this year who is avging 21pts. I think that game will be a test for us. Every game I played so far had a good defensive PG, which is why my high volume shooting PGs havent gone off yet.

So far in 1st 4 games, both Hubbard and Demunyck is in top 10 in Pure Point Rating. Demunyck hasnt been in top 40 in PPR in previous seasons. They have been playing very well for us. I dont think either one of them can average over 10 assists, due to both starting. But, I expect both of them to average over 7 APG. I can see some of them things I saw in stats in previous seasons. Demunyck does put up alot of shots(not really since I take bulk of shots). But since he has 90 Off AWR, he will pass up shots to get assists. It seems like every game he will make at least one crazy flashy pass. One thing I dont like is that they both dont get good plays called for them. Demunyck needs to have more ISO plays since he has Shot Creator and Hubbard needs more catch and shoot plays since he has deadeye.

So, I top 3 guys on this team is 23 or younger. They wont get an extension till next season because both are on rookie contracts. I dont expect to get more talent from drafts anymore. We have a good front-court. Our main need is a SF. Harkless is alright, but he is backup not a starter. I dont want a scorer. I want a defensive SF that can shoot 3's. I dont want a SG because I like Demunyck as a SG. He is more of a Combo-Guard because of his pass-shoot ratio. But, since both our only 2 PGs are starting, we need a backup PG. I would like to have Eric Maynor still. I would like to trade Big Baby for him. I think we can be a great team record-wise this year, but I think we can have a dominant team in future seasons. When both of the PGs become better scorers/shooters, it will really take the load off me. Especially when they both get more Sig Skill. I fully expect both of them to get the Floor General Skill and Dimer skill.

Last edited by illwill10; 12-25-2012 at 12:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »