Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #4025
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Anyone have a good experience with a short (I'm talking under 6'0) point FORWARD? I am going to make my guy 5'10, but I have no clue what position to be. I know it would be ideal to be a PG but I think I was to be a point forward.

I've decided to be either a:
SF (point forward)
SG (scorer)
PG (defensive)
PG (pass-first)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #4026
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
Anyone have a good experience with a short (I'm talking under 6'0) point FORWARD? I am going to make my guy 5'10, but I have no clue what position to be. I know it would be ideal to be a PG but I think I was to be a point forward.

SF (point forward)
SG (scorer)
PG (defensive)
PG (pass-first)
Your joking right? a 5'10 point forward? Youll struggle as a PG with that height but you wanna guard lebron, melo n durant while 5'10!? Dont even waste your time i suggest play as a PG atleast you have the option to call your own plays,
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #4027
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEYYY
Your joking right? a 5'10 point forward? Youll struggle as a PG with that height but you wanna guard lebron, melo n durant while 5'10!? Dont even waste your time i suggest play as a PG atleast you have the option to call your own plays,
I just realized you can't even be under like, 6'4 if you're a SF. The shortest you can be as a PG i s5'7 and the shortest you can be as a SG is 5'10. I'll be one of those two.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4028
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

SF (point forward)
SG (scorer)
PG (defensive)
PG (pass-first)
Or,

If you want a short forward go for like 6'5
Old 12-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #4029
MVP

OVR: 16

Got drafted by Boston after tanking the draft for my PF

Should be fun to run with a contender and Rondo as the PG
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #4030
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkin
I recreated Jamaal (DaHulk) Holcomb, 6'8" Point Forward. I got draftedby the Suns (Great place to be a superstar SF). In my first season I did somewhine and suggesting and got Beasley shipped out to OKC for Ibaka.

Lineup:

PG Dragic

SG S.Brown

SF DaHulk

PF Ibaka

C Gortat

Bench W. Johnson, Scola, Frye, Dudley and a few others. I got Telfair gone because hewould not give up the rock.

I take them on a Championship run the first year and get ROY, MVP and FinalsMVP. Second year team mostly intact. I am now in beast mode and coast to 2ndchampionship with all the awards that come with.

We are untouchable, and have a really nice group on the court. Then the third year begins and the Sun loose their mind and let Brown and Gortat go andsign freak'n Lebron James. What the heck are they thinking?

Now our lineup:

PG Dragic

SG W. Johnson

SF LeBron James

PF (You guessed it, they moves me) DaHulk

C Ibaka

Bench Scola, Morris, Dudley (He is pisses and want to be traded) and somegen rooks and sophs.

I have been complaining and freezing James out from day one of the season.They say they are on my side, but I do not see him getting traded or evencoming up in rumors. Is there any hope that I will get him out of my city orshould I just plan for free agency in the off season?
What difficulty?

Quote:
I just realized you can't even be under like, 6'4 if you're a SF. The shortest you can be as a PG i s5'7 and the shortest you can be as a SG is 5'10. I'll be one of those two.
So you can't even be as small as the smallest players of all time? Bit cheesy...
Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #4031
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

I will be doing a MyCAREER as a athletic SG. I want to be the best white basketball player of all time. Here are my vitals:

Name: Trent Hadler
Height/Weight: 5'10/225
Nickname: "The Captain" (the nicknames in NBA 2K games always suck)
Position: Shooting Guard
Play Style: Athletic
College: Washington State
Birth Date: August 12th, 1993 (my ACTUAL birth date is August 12th, 1997)
Jersey Number: #43
Dominant Hand: Right
Overall: 65 (highest you can be in from the start)

Rookie showcase stats:
7 points
5 rebounds
3 assists
1 block
teammate grade: C+

I kind if tanked the game I wanted to go to a winner.

Interviews:

Atlanta Hawks (23rd overall)

Atlanta GM:
"What do you think you'll bring to a franchise as far as marketability?"

T.Hadler:
"I think that's really for you guys to decide. What I bring to your franchise is my basket ball skills and a winning attitude. Anything beyond that, that's really for your team to sort out. I like to stay focused solely on the game."

Atlanta GM:
"Talk about what you have to improve on as you make the jump to the next level. We'd like to see what you think about your game as a whole."

TH:
"My offensive game is still developing. I call it a work in progress, ya know? I need to continue taking smart shots, basically take what's given to me. I think I'm coming into this league severely underrated and I plan on using that to my advantage."

Bostion Celtics (21st/22nd overall)

Boston GM:
"We had a lot of turnover here in Boston, but are still looking to be a team who can win the title. There is a tremendous amount of pressure for any player, much less a rookie, to win here. Do you feel you're prepared enough to step in and fill the shoes of the great players that have left our team in the past months?"

TH:
"Man, I'm a BIG fan of the history and tradition that makes the Celtics one of the most recognized franchises around the world. I'll be honest with you and say it will be a little intimidating coming in and trying to replace the talent that left, but I know deep down that I'm up for the challenge."

Boston GM:
"Playing in Boston comes with a certain level of expectations. We've had players come in and become overwhelmed by the shoes they needed to fill. I need to know if you can handle the pressure beforte we go and invest millions of dollars into you."

TH:
"Ultimately, I want to make my own name here in Boston, not try to live up to the past players. It's time to look forward and stop living in the past. I'm ready to lead that charge."

Cleveland Cavaliers

I just tanked this interview. I don't want to go to a rebuilding team. I want to play for Boston.

NBA draft:

In the mock draft I was projected to go to the Hawks with the 23rd pick. I really hope I go to Boston.

I'll either be drafted 21st, 22nd, 23rd, or 24th.

With the 21nd pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Bostin Celtics select...Jared Sullinger
With the 22rd pick in the 2012 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select... Fab Melo
With the 24th pick in the NBA draft, the Atlanta Hawks select... Trent Hadler!

My contract is 2 years, and my annual salary is 500 VC.
I will be expected to provide valuable minutes off the bench.

Next update will be the stats at the end of my rookie year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #4032
Rookie

OVR: 1

just got this today, got drafted by boston #22 overall

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »