Home

Official NBA2K13 Patch#1 Request

This is a discussion on Official NBA2K13 Patch#1 Request within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #129
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Official NBA2K13 Patch#1 Request

I know people always say adjust sliders. But, the default settings are there for a reason. That way me and my buddies have an agreed upon slider set that was agreed upon by a neutral party.

With that said. The shooting around the basket is entirely to hard to defend. Shooting percentages on the perimeter are too high for guys that just can't shoot. Reggie Evans shouldn't be killing me from 10 feet out.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #130
MVP

OVR: 15

Bump, hoping devs see this thread.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #131
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
I know people always say adjust sliders. But, the default settings are there for a reason. That way me and my buddies have an agreed upon slider set that was agreed upon by a neutral party.

With that said. The shooting around the basket is entirely to hard to defend. Shooting percentages on the perimeter are too high for guys that just can't shoot. Reggie Evans shouldn't be killing me from 10 feet out.
eh....what did you expect from default settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #132
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Im not sure if this is patch worthy or im just not doing something wrong, but Im having problems with my team and the cpu subing players in and out of the game. I play with auto sub rotation and even when players have 2 fouls in the first the cpu or my team wont auto sub guys out unless i do it, i even tried playing with fatigue on still no help. It leads to alot of players in foul trouble and bench players hardly getting any mins
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #133
MVP

OVR: 14

1. Fix the opponent AI. I play Superstar/Sim and the AI incessantly fastbreaks and bulldozes its way to the basket through defenders. The AI calls very few plays and the pace of the game is too fast and unrealistic. 12 minutes does not produce realistic results.

2. Fix offensive rebounding. The computer regularly out-rebounds the user in the cheesiest of fashions. I have had games where the CPU pulled down 20 offensive rebounds to my 4 or 5.

3. Fix percentages. On the default Sim slider set, shooting percentages are too high. Midrange and 3 pointers convert at too high a clip even when challenged.

4. Fix help defense by your AI teammates. There are still lapses as there were last year and it feels like you must control every defensive player just to get a stop.

5. Contact between players should have more stopping power than it does. Players should be forced to pick up their dribble in more circumstances. Contact amidst dunk animations needs to be greater.

6. It seems impossible to block a dunk. Even when timing is perfect, I have seen my players hands clip right through the ball. Blocking layups is also very hit or miss. Even when timed perfectly, the player does not instinctively target the ball with his hand. Chasedown blocks are far too rare with chasedown blockers. And when attempting a block, my player often doesn't jump high enough, even without contact. There doesn't seem to be a method to when the shotblocker jumps high enough to legitimately challenge a shot and when he does not, especially on the interior.

7. Fix the input lag in the 3 point contest. There is an unresponsiveness in the controller when attempting to pull the ball off the rack and take a shot.

Edit: 8. The computer AI's rotation patterns are questionable at times. In the last game I played, the CPU seemed unaware that one of their star players was in foul trouble and decided to insert him into the game with 5 fouls at the BEGINNING of the 4th quarter. Prior to that in the 3rd quarter, the player was not pulled when he picked up his 4th foul and was allowed to play until he picked up his 5th.

9. The computer commits way too few turnovers/ your AI teammates force way too few. Even when using the best defensive team in the game, it seems that the user must force every turnover. I have yet to see an AI teammate attempt to draw a charge, even those with the charge card signature skill.

Last edited by eko718; 10-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #134
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Fix Nike iD feature. It loads different shoes to those you create. It's useless at this moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #135
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Most of everything I've noticed has already been posted. Just have these two non-gameplay issues:

1) Fix the freaking custom arena music on PS3. This has been an issue for several years now.

2) Can we please have a way to hide the reticle during replays? We were told there was a way to do it before release and it doesn't work.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #136
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Please let us export rosters again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »