Home

Virtual Currency frustration

This is a discussion on Virtual Currency frustration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Virtual Currency frustration

I read on the MyTeam forum that you can get players in the booster packs but they're rare. Mb.

I'm not sure, I want to play this mode but it seems to me it's a mode that's best enjoyed later in the year when you've got a solid bank of VC. They should have locked the mode until the season starts so that costs make more sense. LeBron should cost 40,000 or so. Anyway, that's the last i'll talk about MyTeam.

The whole VC thing reeks of a money grab from 2K when they allowed you to pay for VC they opened up a can of worms. If you want to buy things like leopard print pants, give 'er but when you can get a huge advantage online with an extra $20, that's $hitty. 1 Funny thing is that it really undervalues their Dynasty Edition. Instead of forking over $40 more for a cheap bball, spend it on VC and win right away. Or the Dynasty edition should have come with and extra 10,000 VC.

They shouldn't have put 1 currency for the whole game. If I wanted to, i could just play my association for 3 months and bank my VC, then start a MyPlayer, make him a 88 overall after the draft. That's dumb.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
Its just like a MMO, the more you play to better you get BUT if you want to progress faster whip out credit card. A lot of companies do this
But the funny thing is that they never said that you could buy VC before the game came out. We weren't told that this would be a microtransaction game.

@LD2K even said that in MyTeam you couldn't run a team of all stars because the cost of playing them would be way more than you could afford.

Proven wrong.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlane007
But the funny thing is that they never said that you could buy VC before the game came out. We weren't told that this would be a microtransaction game.

@LD2K even said that in MyTeam you couldn't run a team of all stars because the cost of playing them would be way more than you could afford.

Proven wrong.
they didn't have to say anything there in business to make money and they know people are desperate when it comes to 2k/myplayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #36
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlane007
I read on the MyTeam forum that you can get players in the booster packs but they're rare. Mb.

I'm not sure, I want to play this mode but it seems to me it's a mode that's best enjoyed later in the year when you've got a solid bank of VC. They should have locked the mode until the season starts so that costs make more sense. LeBron should cost 40,000 or so. Anyway, that's the last i'll talk about MyTeam.

The whole VC thing reeks of a money grab from 2K when they allowed you to pay for VC they opened up a can of worms. If you want to buy things like leopard print pants, give 'er but when you can get a huge advantage online with an extra $20, that's $hitty. 1 Funny thing is that it really undervalues their Dynasty Edition. Instead of forking over $40 more for a cheap bball, spend it on VC and win right away. Or the Dynasty edition should have come with and extra 10,000 VC.

They shouldn't have put 1 currency for the whole game. If I wanted to, i could just play my association for 3 months and bank my VC, then start a MyPlayer, make him a 88 overall after the draft. That's dumb.
TBH, im pissed that ive played every game...82...for two straight seasons, and am forced to yet again build my dude up from scratch. Personally, I don't mind forking over 5 bucks to get the guy I had when I was bounced out of the '12 MyPlayer playoffs..rocking all Cavs gear? Gimme that, lol.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Seems like since October 2nd, everyone has expensive clothes and all their attributes maxed out. I've been playing on MyPlayer Online to get more VC which is around 200 VC win or lose, if I'm not mistaken.

Problem is the folks who don't buy VC can't really compete with guys who have 6'11' centers who can shoot 3 pointers, have good handles, and overall just dominant.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

People defending this are kind of stupid, honestly.

I don't understand how people don't get that paying for your player is cheap, no pun intended...cuz where I'm from $20 isn't cheap lol

I really just don't wanna play blacktop against anyone wearing jewelry or having a star rating..no one should be a star yet..that's just a red flag they bought their dude. When I see that I just avoid them and hope I don't get matched up again.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #39
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Even funnier, cuz I played a lot of the people on the top of the Blacktop leaderboards..all bought players. Give me a break.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:14 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I don't understand how people don't get that paying for your player is cheap, no pun intended...cuz where I'm from $20 isn't cheap lol
20$ for some people isn't that much if their making money like that.

But as for the VC system, I like it in theory and it all being connected but overpricing everything just completely ruins it.

Some people don't have the time to play through 5 or 6 quick games to build up like 3000 points which isn't even that much plus I wish they would ditch those stupid mario coins, I don't understand why they couldn't just use money

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »