Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #121
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

The delivery model for gaming is changing and gamers have the rare opportunity to help guide the future of the industry. Right now, it is a CHOICE. In the future it will not be.

It may seem 'affordable' now. Its only a game here and a game there. It may seem like it is good business ... raping customers as much as possible as long as they are willing to bend over. Eventually though, your *** is going to get sore and when that day comes, please think back on how you voted.

Right now we have the choice to bend over or not. One day, the die WE cast will be set and bending over will not be optional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
The delivery model for gaming is changing and gamers have the rare opportunity to help guide the future of the industry. Right now, it is a CHOICE. In the future it will not be.

It may seem 'affordable' now. Its only a game here and a game there. It may seem like it is good business ... raping customers as much as possible as long as they are willing to bend over. Eventually though, your *** is going to get sore and when that day comes, please think back on how you voted.

Right now we have the choice to bend over or not. One day, the die WE cast will be set and bending over will not be optional.
But they don't here you.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #123
Rookie

I think 2k should've let us start off at mid 70s and then leave how it is now so we can be decent enough to save our VC I bought some and delete the my career player and start over and use the remains VC to make my player mid 70s no sig skills so its fair cause speed and quickness is a most this year and about time!!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffery Jr.
VC is the #1 reason I returned my copy of 2K13 and it's because of all the reasons people listed in this thread.

Like everyone else, I was signed for 2 years at 500 vc per year. I went to equip a textured arm sleeve - that was free in previous 2K games - which was now being sold for 3,000 VCs (the regular sleeve is 800vc). Let's imagine that my rookie MP was really in the NBA and received a contract for $500,000 a year ($100,000 per 100vc) and then let's convert that money into coins. That means:

500 vc = $500,000.

So what we have are two arm sleeves that in real life, would cost:

800vc = $800,000
3,000vc = $3,000,000

For a game that markets itself as being a realistic sim of the NBA, this is ridiculous. In what world are headbands, sleeves, socks and such priced more than an NBA player makes? What player is going to save up 6 years worth of salary to be able to buy himself an arm sleeve? Sure, after your contract is up, you can negotiate for a higher salary, but at it's core, this is nothing more than a shameless cash grab by 2K trying to force their consumer to pay real money to dress up their virtual baller.
This here is the biggest problem. If the game is meant to be realistic. With realistic interactions with the GM, press conferences & the like. Why does your rookie have to pay for items given to him by the team or their sponsor?

So does Anthony Davis have to spend half his salary for an arm sleeve? If so it sucks to be the number 1 overall pick. Derrick Rose must slave away for his ankle braces. It's ludicrous for this to be the case now.

If the were to give you the regular accessories for free but you have to pay for the stat-boosting accessories that would be one thing. But to have to pay for a headband is crazy.

Even EA hasn't gone this far yet (they do have their own transactions that are suspect). I can create a player & accessorize him however I want. The game isn't as creative but it's free.

Spend your money however you want but realize this is a problem. I think the feel is if you don't take a stand now it will only get worse. Will the game become pay to play?

The old model of console video games is changing for better or worse because of costs but their has to be a limit to how much you can withhold from the average gamer while still charging $60.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIATKZ
Why do you care? More money for 2K=bigger budget=bigger crew=better game.
What makes you think more money = bigger budget?

For all you know it could have been:

More money = bigger paychecks for the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #126
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11anthony
What makes you think more money = bigger budget?

For all you know it could have been:

More money = bigger paychecks for the devs.
Yeah, they put in probably anywhere from 80-90 hours or more a week programming this game for you and you complain about them making a little extra money? Developers aren't cheap.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
Yeah, they put in probably anywhere from 80-90 hours or more a week programming this game for you and you complain about them making a little extra money? Developers aren't cheap.

Who said I was complaining about them making money? I'm just stating that more income doesn't ways mean a bigger budget.

Last edited by 11anthony; 10-07-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #128
Rookie

face it 2k became a money grap,am curious i want to see what these guys who bought vc for mp will say when their mp freeze after the finals ,many report this glitch for both ps3 xbox

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »