Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbaker
In myteam mode. I bought a golden box for 1500 and they gave me a marcin gortat who is worth 15000. I sold him and bought Gerald green and 3 more golden boxes...you don't have to buy VC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
WAIT... You have to go to MyTeam Mode to buy the golden box? What's golden box? Does it always give you something that's worth 10000+? How do you sell stuff?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #178
Banned

OVR: 12

I really don't see the problem.

If you want incentive to play My Player...well here ya go.

Why do you expect to unlock everything in the 1st week of release?

Why care if someone used real $$ to buy VC? Yeah, it's a shortcut, but that option remains there for you and it still is OPTIONAL.

Accessories for your my player IS fluff.

My Team IS fluff (this mode didn't even exist b4 2K13).

I will take this new system over the straight up hackers who would be a 99 overall on day 1 of release or the 40 ft giants my players who corrupted crew and pickup.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #179
Banned

Ken Griffery Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
All of you who are crying about all of these new features will buy the game next year, I promise.
You'd make a great EA exec.

You know, there used to be a time when Madden would sell 7+ million copies easy and now, after years of not listening to their customers, it struggles to break the 4 million barrier across two online enabled platforms. M13 hasn't even hit the 1 million mark on the PS3 yet. When consumers complain, it's in every companies best interest to listen.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #180
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
Most of us don't hate the buying of VC, we hate the fact that the prices are too high and earnings are too low. Thus 2k almost all but forces you to buy VC.

If you can afford to spend a little extra cash and buy VC, more power to you. And I actually have too. But I don't want to be forced into it...If i want to instead play the game and earn VC the old fashioned way for a little while, I want it to be a legitimate method.

Earning VC by playing is not efficient or feasible at all at this point. That's where my concern is imo. I don't hate all of you people that have extra money, not enough time and thus you bought some VC. I hate the fact the 2k has made buying VC with real money a primary source of VC, and earning it the alternative, when it should be the other way around.

Who's forcing you into it? How about play the game longer than a week. I mean you're saying it's not a feasible method to do it the old fashioned way but that's because you're expecting to have everything available now instead of realizing "hey, I'm gonna be playing this game all year so there'll be plenty of time to rack up VC."

Last edited by Ramboooo; 10-08-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #181
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Who's forcing you into it? How about play the game longer than a week.
You clearly do not get the problem.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #182
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
You clearly do not get the problem.
ok then what'd I miss
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #183
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

My biggest beef with VC is that they force players to play against players who buy VC for their teams. Its plain unfair, atleast give us an option to search for other players who don't buy VC to stack their teams.

As for VC itself, it is what it is, a cash grab. But you don't have to purchase it to play, you can earn it in game.

I don't mind VC in principle, I have a problem with them giving the option to buy it. Well not necessarily the option to buy, but more in the sense that they allow peeps who boost their squads by buying VC to play against non boosters.

Please 2k keep payers separate from non payers of VC.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #184
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Hahaha look at you! I got you upset!!! My comment about you re: the guy who post without thinking was your own comment to some user. I think your actually comment was telling someone their comment was brainless one or something like that. Tasting your own medicine sux huh? Lol you behave respectfully you will get some respectful treatment... I don't have to interact with you to know you are rude. Maybe we have? Hahaha you piss off many people so I'm sure it's hard for you to track. I'm no vet so I don't know neither. Lol Funny world we live in. I pissed off an pisser LOL
You keep thinking that kid. Doesn't change anything. If you need to come at me, there's a PM function to continue it. I'm not going to hijack this discussion to put you in your place. I've made my position clear, and that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »