Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 6
It's a business and their shareholders want to see larger profits. The end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
You know what makes not buying none hard? Playing on the ****ing pistons. We just got creamed by the thunder, with my damn center standing behind the three point line the whole game. I'm a spot up shooter and I bricked eleven shots going three for fourteen for eight points, seven assists, five steals, and three rebounds for a grand total of..... 39 vc. I had a D+ grade, why, because my dumb *** coach decides that a six one point guard would make a good small forward to defend the three time scoring champ, who would proceed to drop thirty eight on my damn head to go with nine boards.

After that game my first thought was "I'm about to buy some vc and dominate so we can finally get our second win of the year." My second thought was "i wonder if i can get my coach fired by complaining to the GM." Low and behold, you can complain about your coach. Bout to try and get his *** fired.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #67
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3NewOrleans
You know what makes not buying none hard? Playing on the ****ing pistons. We just got creamed by the thunder, with my damn center standing behind the three point line the whole game. I'm a spot up shooter and I bricked eleven shots going three for fourteen for eight points, seven assists, five steals, and three rebounds for a grand total of..... 39 vc. I had a D+ grade, why, because my dumb *** coach decides that a six one point guard would make a good small forward to defend the three time scoring champ, who would proceed to drop thirty eight on my damn head to go with nine boards.

After that game my first thought was "I'm about to buy some vc and dominate so we can finally get our second win of the year." My second thought was "i wonder if i can get my coach fired by complaining to the GM." Low and behold, you can complain about your coach. Bout to try and get his *** fired.
I find my PG getting dominated by Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey on that damn Pistons team every game.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
No, not sad. I do find it unfortunate that those who (a) aren't old enough and/or don't have an income and (b) are offline players cannot fully take advantage of the game without shelling out this type of money. It's unfortunate for them, but it's the nature of the beast. It's how gaming companies are still able remain in the black and have entire teams dedicated to certain games all year long.

Sad, though? It's not. I work hard for my income and it's not putting me below the poverty line to purchase VC. I'm not even using it for the skill points, as I put at least 20,000 VC in accessories and animations right after the draft to give my player a unique feel.

Think about how much money gamers individually put into DLC every year and since the birth of DLC. It's not any sadder than paying >$500 for Rockband DLC or map packs for FPS's.
This guy gets it
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i'm not sure what to think about the fact that there are 2 wolfman threads...but i think i like it. i've always said this forum needs more wolf talk.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

i don't mind that VC is available to be purchased with transactions, i am however very disappointed in how long it takes to rank your player up... in 2k11 i had a 99 overall player in 23 days after release, fkn hard earned i pumped some hours in, and it doesn't faz me that people can buy that now good for them, but it will take me the better part of 6-9 months of playing this game hard to get anywhere near 99 overall... it needs to be balanced, there is NO satisfaction in being 'good' at games any more, it gets you no where if you don't have your wallet open.

Pull your heads in 2k, this was the only game i was looking forward to this year. way to ruin it.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #70
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd like to warn anyone who plans on purchasing VC for skill upgrades or accessories to beware as I just had a really bad experience with My player as I couldn't connect to the servers for two days and I finally realized that it had to do with a glitch that happened where I was disconnected as I received VC for the game I played, but at the main menu it showed my next game for my player as being the one I just played. What I think this did was create a discrepancy for My player's career save that couldn't be resolved by the 2k servers so I was only left with the option of continuing offline and not getting VC only SP. I've read about similar issues going on in these forums. And the reason I'm posting this here is really to forewarn people about buying virtual currency because you could really invest in your myplayer and have something like this happen. No my internet connection is not slow, in fact I was connected to the 2k server and was able to get VC out of the mode, but couldn't in my career, tried every workaround. This wouldn't be such a big deal if I could still buy VC to upgrade my player or use VC from other modes. I really don't see the big deal as to why I can't.

Maybe it's because I'm going to be playing online in blacktop? Even then, I couldn't cheese because I still gain the same amount of sp as I did VC so I couldn't cheese and get a 99 ovr blacktop my player. And that's not even something I want to do. If you are going to implement this system, then please make sure your servers run right to ensure that's people's time is not wasted and neither is their money. Also playing offline my career is way smoother than being connected, that's one plus. Fortunately I hadn't invested much money into My player's career, but it sucks that it had to be corrupted.

VDusen, had talked about this in the impressions thread about potential problems about having to report everything to 2k's servers and I agree with him, I don't see the need for it. I don't want to be dependent on a faulty server to enjoy a predominantly offline mode.

Last edited by willIam9387; 10-06-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 12

Holy ... the games only been out FOUR DAYS. It's SUPPOSED to be a longer process. Why does everyone think you should have a 99 My Player in the first week? To the OP, stop playing 8min quarters and then saying it takes too long. Play some 3on3 blacktop if you want to speed the power-up process. And a sidenote, I'm very satisfied with online this year because the servers are better and most importantly, NO CHEATERS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

buying VC is basically cheating

online is better, but that 1 second delay in response time is still killing me, makes the game less enjoyable. it's funny how 2k improved it's online to mediocre and now people say its great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »