Home

2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day...

This is a discussion on 2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day...

2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day... and there are so many why i have decided 2k13 online is broken and unplayable.

1. steal spam - the amount of people who just spam the x button all game and get 100 steals or force you into stupid reaction animation is OUT OF CONTROL. you are awarding people who spam the steal button by giving steals against PGs and not calling reach in fouls. it's so easy to fix too thats why i dont understand why 2k is so hesitant to increase the reach in foul calls online. big men ripping pgs, pgs getting ripped from behind, pgs dropping the ball because of constant x spam without foul calls, ITS CRAZY.

2.long passes/transition defense - the success of 80 ft bomb passes in this game is laughable, this is an absolute joke. not to mention how annoying teammates walking back on defense by the offense is pushing the ball is or teammates just standing and doing nothing when these 80 ft passes are being completed.

3. useless teammates - the iq and reaction of your teammates on defense in 2k13 online is terrible, from staring at the ball and doing nothing while its in the air to not boxing out or chasing after defensive rebounds is crazy.

4. 3 point success- the rate at which people are bombing three is so insane. no team in the nba makes these many threes at this high of a %.

5. perfect release timing - i have no idea why but the perfect release timing is way to late this year, and it messes every up. it's impossible to get a perfect release without your shot bring blocked or heavy contested and thats just not real basketball.

so, i have officially decided 2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day. i will just stick to madden 13 and fifa 13 until patches are submitted to fix these problems, deuces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Everybody just loves to bitch about online play, no offense to you..

But- JUST STOP PLAYING IT..

IMO- 2K online does suck, sports games online period suck.. If you want to play online go buy call of duty lol..

Playing against a friend, or quick games, or association/season is far better, more realistic, and leads to way less whining and complaining.. Just sayin
Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: 2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
1. steal spam - the amount of people who just spam the x button all game and get 100 steals or force you into stupid reaction animation is OUT OF CONTROL. you are awarding people who spam the steal button by giving steals against PGs and not calling reach in fouls. it's so easy to fix too thats why i dont understand why 2k is so hesitant to increase the reach in foul calls online. big men ripping pgs, pgs getting ripped from behind, pgs dropping the ball because of constant x spam without foul calls, ITS CRAZY.
Haven't seen anyone get a 100 steals yet, only seen what would be considered a normal amount of steals. I get much more reach in fouls called against my opponent than successful steals.

Quote:
2.long passes/transition defense - the success of 80 ft bomb passes in this game is laughable, this is an absolute joke. not to mention how annoying teammates walking back on defense by the offense is pushing the ball is or teammates just standing and doing nothing when these 80 ft passes are being completed.
This is another exaggeration of yours. Since we are talking about 80 ft passes the majority of them aren't successful and go out of bounds. What happens is they make 1 out of 10 and you don't think about the times they missed and cry a river over that one time.

Quote:
3. useless teammates - the iq and reaction of your teammates on defense in 2k13 online is terrible, from staring at the ball and doing nothing while its in the air to not boxing out or chasing after defensive rebounds is crazy.
If only the AI could start a thread and whinge about you

Quote:
4. 3 point success- the rate at which people are bombing three is so insane. no team in the nba makes these many threes at this high of a %.
This is another exaggeration. No one is making more than what is expected for 3pt shots. Just check the % on the top 100. Again you cry when they make them yet don't acknowledge the missed shots.

Quote:
5. perfect release timing - i have no idea why but the perfect release timing is way to late this year, and it messes every up. it's impossible to get a perfect release without your shot bring blocked or heavy contested and thats just not real basketball.
Go for that extra pass then, not hard to get that open shot. Guess what in basketball sometimes your shot is contested or even blocked

Quote:
so, i have officially decided 2k13 online is broken, just like 2k12 was on release day. i will just stick to madden 13 and fifa 13 until patches are submitted to fix these problems, deuces.
Sometimes this **** is user fault which all your problems are.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
Rookie

join a sim league
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

You know, I normally dislike these posts, but I will agree with two things...

SOMETIMES stealing gets out of hand. Rips can be wayyyyyy too easy for players with Pickpocket. I mean REALLY easy.

Also, what pisses me off the most are the long *** passes that are way too accurate. Annoying as hell. Makes it way easy for cheesers online to run up and down. If they toned that down, I'd love the game even more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
Rookie

waiting for the patch......
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I don't see long passes as a problem.. I mean how many times in real life when people throw a full court pass is it completely way off and go flying out of bounds or the player catching it bobbles it like a 3 year old the way 2K does it?

I'm 99.999% certain I could get me and one of my friends and successfully complete 10/10 full court passes, it's not hard to do..

The fact that online players do it all the time and abuse it isn't really 2Ks fault at all.. If you want REALISTIC gameplay stop playing online. It's really that simple.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

When are people going to start realising it's not the fault of the game why online sucks - it's the fault of the user.

Online is a haven for cheating, cheesing, exploiting scrubbers who will do anything in their power to get a win or increase rank etc - they abuse every flaw in games for their own need in order to get a 'W'. The rest of us, despite knowing games are flawed in some areas, decide to play the correct way and offer eachother virtual sportsmanship by playing sim ball - but when it comes to online against randoms, this is somthing you rarely EVER see.

If you don't want to be tearing your hair out and screaming at the TV, either go offline completely as I have now done, ir only play trusted people or friends.

Some games are just not online friendly.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »