Home

NBA 2k13 Off-ball AI teammate Defense...

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Off-ball AI teammate Defense... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 14
NBA 2k13 Off-ball AI teammate Defense...

Is it me or does the CPU ALWAYS leave their man open when they're guarding the off-ball players? Might make a video showing it soon. But Idk, I changed up the defensive assignments in-game to at least moderate offball D and they're still sagging off their man BIG TIME?! Is there a way to counter this besides manually controlling off-ball defender teammates??

Last edited by thilanwij; 10-27-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 Off-ball AI teammate Defense...

I have the opposite problem. My players stick to their men like glue. I put those assignments on "Sag Off," I set my Defensive Pressure and Help Defense to at least 75 each, my global Help Defense slider to 100, and my Defensive Awareness slider at 90.

I still can't get my teammates to help defensively, much less pack the paint like I want.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am having the exact same problem. I would say that the AI gets about 10 points a game from just passing up court because my guys will trail their man by at least 10 feet. I literally had one point where after scoring, all of my players were still at half court and 3 opposing players were within their 3 point arc. And despite this, they still don't actually help on d much, they just stand around.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I have the opposite problem. My players stick to their men like glue. I put those assignments on "Sag Off," I set my Defensive Pressure and Help Defense to at least 75 each, my global Help Defense slider to 100, and my Defensive Awareness slider at 90.

I still can't get my teammates to help defensively, much less pack the paint like I want.
Yeah I was having more your issue....turned the coach profile help defense slider to 100, and that had helped a lot...

EDIT: also turned defensive pressure all the way up....that combination has been great...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah I was having more your issue....turned the coach profile help defense slider to 100, and that had helped a lot...
I already have it at like 85. Raising it to 100 would, I assume, turn the Clippers into the 08 Celtics. I want my team to suck at making multiple defensive rotations, but any group of idiots on the floor in an NBA game can make the initial rotation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Not the help defense strength slider, the one in coach profiles .....it doesn't increase ratings, just changes tendency...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

That's what I meant. I have Help Defense at 85 and Defensive Pressure at 75. If I had them at 100 each, what would be the difference between my team and the Bulls (with their elite defense)?
Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
Pro

I upped defensive awareness to 75 to prevent the horrible coverage on screens, it seems like it does a good job in keeping offensive players in check. The only issue is when you go off the court I still end up getting horrible over the top stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »