Home

Real Basketball vs. HOF/Sim

This is a discussion on Real Basketball vs. HOF/Sim within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0
Real Basketball vs. HOF/Sim

I posted this in the bugs and glitches thread also, but the difficulty setting that should produce the closest thing to real basketball is a one-sided sham.
I just want the DEV team to play a game against the CPU on HOF/Sim and the issues should be obvious. The unrealistic recovery speed they have when the user gets a fastbreak, the success rate of contested shots as compared to the user, when the CPU runs off ball screen plays for shooters like Ray Allen the shooter always gets wide open but if the user runs such plays the AI can't set a good screen, the CPU's awareness of the ball is much greater than the user causing the CPU to constantly get loose balls even when the user should clearly get it, the ability of the CPU to save the ball from going out of bounds to a teammate almost perfectly everytime even when the player going out of bounds isn't looking, and the ability for CPU small players like Darren Collison to push big players like Dwight Howard out of the post or to miss shots right under the basket. I don't understand how the game can be released with these same issues every year. Its like playing a cheeser online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Real Basketball vs. HOF/Sim

Yea I agree, it is almost impossible to beat the CPU on HOF with sim sliders, especially if you are trying to play simulation ball. That is why you almost have to adjust the sliders to get a realistic game.

I played against KD on HOF and the dude went 23 for 29 on FG attempts lol!. Now, at first I brushed it off because it is possible for him to do that. But then I played against him 3 more times as a test, and the dude just does not miss. I double teamed him, denied,etc... but when he gets the ball its over. I also think the signature style may be a cheese for the CPU on HOF. I am not too sure yet but when I play during the association, none and my mean none of the stars (that like to score) have an off night. I must have played around 50+ games on (HOF/ sim and custom sliders) and you have to really concentrate (cheese, such as double team always which is not a realistic strategy to do the whole game) to stop the stars from scoring.

I know some people may say to drop down a level but I do like a challenge so that is why I play HOF, since it is the highest difficulty. I'm not saying HOF is unplayable it is just very difficult stopping the guards/fowards that like to score.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

That's the whole point of Hall of Fame difficulty, the CPU is juiced up for the gamer that likes that like that type of challenge.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
That's the whole point of Hall of Fame difficulty, the CPU is juiced up for the gamer that likes that like that type of challenge.
I'm all for a challenge but when I'm playing the right way I should be rewarded instead of the CPU being able to cheese its way into doing whatever it wants.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

It's like All-Madden in the Madden games..

The CPU is supposed to get unrealistic boosts to make it a more difficult challenge. I don't see what you're complaining about when it's supposed to be that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
It's like All-Madden in the Madden games..

The CPU is supposed to get unrealistic boosts to make it a more difficult challenge. I don't see what you're complaining about when it's supposed to be that way.
More difficult doesn't mean it has to be unrealistic. I'm not complaining about the challenge. I just don't like the unrealistic advantages the CPU has when this is supposed to be the closest thing to the real NBA.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Lol thaaaats 2k
Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese86
More difficult doesn't mean it has to be unrealistic. I'm not complaining about the challenge. I just don't like the unrealistic advantages the CPU has when this is supposed to be the closest thing to the real NBA.
Yeah, the unrealistic advantages the CPU gets on HOF are a joke....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »