Home

My NBA2k14 wishlist.

This is a discussion on My NBA2k14 wishlist. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

nelsonb24's Arena

OVR: 0
My NBA2k14 wishlist.

I am addicted to this game, absolutely love it. Anyway, after playing at least 1 game a day since release I have some cool, realistic additions for next year that I think would really add to the game.

1) A way to program custom PA Announcer recordings for the players on our team. For instance, using our Kinect we could record an audio and then use that audio for each time one of our team's players scores in association mode. That'd be really fun & I think it's feasible as well. I'm a big 76ers fan so it'd be fun to make a really cool "Andddrreeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Bynum!" recording each time he scores.

2) SUPERSIM. I am an offline player. I like to have realistic scores so I keep my play & sim minutes to 12/gm. The issue with that however is that it can take a long time to play each game. I usually play up to half time & then sim till the end of the game. In Madden you have the ability to sim up to any point in the game & then take over. I wish I could sim to halftime in NBA2k13 and then play the rest of the gamew.

3) A way to create new jerseys, custom floors, and possibly new arenas for our teams.

What do you guys think? I don't think it would be that hard to do either of these & I really think they would each be a great addition!

Post yours!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My NBA2k14 wishlist.

for mycareer: i'd like to see an option to workout for teams you want after the initial rookie showcase game. it'd also be fun to be able to decline teams invitations to workout.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have one and only request for 2K14: Bring back the Summer League.
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAA: Washington St Cougars
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I only play MyCAREER so here are a few options for that:

1) Don't keep benching me for a stupid mistake I made for a guy that's 20 overall points lower than I am.

2) Ability to pick different jerseys to wear prior to the games.

3) Able to sim to any game I want. Not just the Key Games.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I only play MyCAREER so here are a few options for that:

1) Don't keep benching me for a stupid mistake I made for a guy that's 20 overall points lower than I am.

2) Ability to pick different jerseys to wear prior to the games.

3) Able to sim to any game I want. Not just the Key Games.

i dont know why people keep saying the minutes/starter system is glitched,
i get 20 pts, 14 assists and at LEAST 4 turnovers a game and have NEVER been benched after becoming a starter.

stop ball hogging, stop taking bad shots, stop driving with a wide open shooter on the 3 line asking for the ball etc etc.

on topic, there is already a wishlist thread dude, the basic consensus from most is international teams and the olympics being integrated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYoDa
i dont know why people keep saying the minutes/starter system is glitched,
i get 20 pts, 14 assists and at LEAST 4 turnovers a game and have NEVER been benched after becoming a starter.

stop ball hogging, stop taking bad shots, stop driving with a wide open shooter on the 3 line asking for the ball etc etc.

on topic, there is already a wishlist thread dude, the basic consensus from most is international teams and the olympics being integrated.
The minutes being decreased is a glitch, not due to bad play (well, still can buy not usually the problem) and ronnie2k had said that he made that aware to developers and it will be addressed soon hopefully. I've had it happen only a couple times, supposed to get more minutes and they end up decreasing mine by 5.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

in no particular order:

Coaching in association needs to be overhauled totally. I think actually hiding ratings for coaches and keeping their yearly records and noting their preferences for offensive and defensive settings would be more interesting than the generic grade system. All coaches should be treated the same so you can have one pool for both head and assistant coaching, that way i can hire sam cassell dammit.

I think a lot of things about the progression system and the draft classes needs to be revamped. Draft classes should have a few guys with particular skills, rather than the garbage heap after the lottery that you usually get. Also, players should not always improve, and their play time and previous season stats should figure into their improvement. Obviously if someone has an A+ potential they would improve regardless, but it would make it more interesting for the specialty tools players and the average players to function a little differently. Also, the drop off for age is too severe. There are certain things that decline but I don't think guys should fall off the table so quickly after 34.

A financial model and the ability to move teams would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The tag skills should be linked with ratings, i don't want to see "finishers" with a sub 90 shoot in traffic rating happen, that doesn't make any sense. Also the fact that they can't be taken away or deleted and the fact that the skills don't grow with players is an oversight.

obviously offensive rebounding, fouls and in-game injuries needs to be fixed

the morale system is solid but could be tweaked a bit. Guys get too upset too quickly. Also, rotation charts were a great addition, but as we know in real NBA games there's plenty of DNPs and spot starts. Perhaps an ability to modify # of games played could be added. I'm not sure. It's a little too perfect as it stands, since if you give a guy 2 minutes a game and never change the lineup he'll finish the season with 2 mpg and 82 games played. That doesn't really happen. I suppose situational AI would be an improvement, as well as expanding the situational lineup system. For example, you could set it so that there are a number of different situations like football games have for playcalling intelligence. At the very least I would like to be able to set a "Forth Quarter close out" lineup.

tldr
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Pro

CAL=MYCAREER need to be identical it's same damn mode one just with fake players.

I should be able to get all perks that mycareer has for CAL.

Add Bob to last name database.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »