Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-10-12)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-10-12) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #33
Pro

Bayfer Alston's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-10

I Can't belive They Have Not Added James White Yet. I mean its not like they dont know who he is He did Mo-cap for them Before and even had his Own Dunk Package Smh This is Crazy Cmon 2k
Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update with Full List of Transactions Still Needed (11-10

I thought it was hilarious looking at the Shved CAP... It's not surprising they would be this lazy. There wasn't even an Roster Update notice, it just told me updating new content before I got to main menu... So I honestly just tried to check for rookies missing.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdrbbro
jason kidd to 80 ? i think
Naw he was already an 80
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

Roster updates are easily the weakest part of the NBA 2K brand.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #37
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by concolt
Wow....so they removed four players and added three players but they are generic create a players. 2K is terrible with these roster updates. I waited to start my association for nothing.
We still have Celebrity/VC/2K Asia, Africa, America and Oceania teams with real faces.

Who cares about current real NBA basketball players?

Last edited by seanbarkley; 11-10-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 12

Is Blake Griffin team Jordan now?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
Rookie

Yeah. This update was very half done 2k. I'm not even mad. Madden emotionally drained me. For this to calls job y'all really suck. Y'all need to be mike browned.lol oh well call of duty comes out tuesday. Looks like 2k13will be collecting while I happily enjoy playing zombies lol
Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #40
Just started!

I have been hammering the 2K Insider on his weak updates for years. But we have to be fair. This most recent update has addressed a lot of issues that the other updates had. Players like DeAndre Liggins, E'Twaun Moore, Sam Young, Dominic McGuire, Damien Wilkins, DeMarre Carroll, Sasha Pavlovic, Jon Leuer, Troy Murphy, and Daniel Orton who were in the free agent pool have been placed on their respective teams and have to correct jersey numbers. Players like Travis Leslie, Jordan Williams, Eddy Curry, and Shawne Williams have been removed from NBA teams and placed in the free agent pool. These things should have been done from the jump with every update, but they were not, so thank goodness they finally addressed this.
One major issue that still remains though is wrong jersey numbers. The Charlotte Bobcats have duplicates because Matt Carroll has not been changed from #33 to #13 yet (Haywood is #33 now) and DeSagna Diop has not been changed from #7 to #2 yet (Sessions is #7 now). Luke Walton of the Cavs should be wearing #4 instead of #32. Lance Stephenson of the Pacers should be wearing #1 instead of #6. Landry Fields of the Raptors should be wearing #2 instead of #9. Another team with the duplicate issue is the Twolves. Malcolm Lee and Brandon Roy are both wearing #3. Malcolm Lee actually wears the #8 now. The Insider did get the jersey numbers corrected for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and Cole Aldrich. The created players added to the game (Prigioni, Teletovic, and Shved) have the correct jersey numbers. The guys transferred from the free agent pool also have the correct jersey numbers. Lets hope they can fix the jersey number issue since it is an easy fix.
Basically the Insider took care of most of the easily fixable issues (again this should have happened with every prior update and even out of the box at release). Now we wait to see when they will add the missing players. At the very least they should unlock the players that are hidden or locked already on the disc (Freeland, Claver, Sloan, Higgins, etc..). I also don't see why they can't give us generic caps for all the other missing guys like Alan Anderson, DeColo, Phil Jones,Will Conroy, Kent Bazemore, Greg Smith, Machodo, Copeland, Wayns and others. It's not like they need a cyberface/photo like Valanciunas and Montiejunas. The three guys they added are just generic caps that resemble what you can get from the 2KShare Player DNA files. I wish they would just come clean about their process for adding, unlocking, or creating missing players. Once again we should be happy that they did address some issues (easy fixes and added three players)

flashgordon80 @ 11/04/12 10:03 AM
We all are complaining about the Insider unlocking players, creating missing players, and doing some accessory changes. Maybe this is a bit too much for him at this time. What should not be too much however is making sure that what he does put out for a roster update is as accurate as possible. The Insider and 2K Sports obviously have no sense of Quality Control. The out-of-the box roster were grossly inaccurate. The most glaring error was the botched/incomplete D12 to the Lakers trade. To make matters worse they (2K) bungled the Harden to Rockets trade. These are the most obvious signs of no Quality Control for their product (Yes, roster updates are a product). There were other mistakes also. Donte Greene on the Nets, Shawne Williams on the Blazers, and a myriad of other mistakes with each roster beginning from the release of the game to the present and likely future. I know most of you cats clamor for updates to accessories, but that should take a backseat to accurate rosters. 2K even prioritized shoe updates for D-Wade, LBJ, and Westbrook over accurate rosters. Talk about asinine and being backwards. Very few corrections have been done by 2K which astounds me. People have posted the corrections and yet flawed updates are still being constructed and greenl lighted for approval. Based on what is available at this time with the most current update I have compiled a list of all the corrections that 2K and their Insider must do ASAP to retain any sense of credibility. Note: No created players or unlocked players are mentioned. This is just about correcting and making the current roster as accurate as possible. Basically these are easy fixes that shouldn't take more than two hours to complete. Here we go:

Players in Free Agent Pool on NBA Teams/Rosters
---------------------------------------------------------------------
DeAndre Liggins #25 OKC Thunder (Thabeet is #34)
E'Twaun Moore #55 ORL Magic
Sam Young #4 INDY Pacers (doesn't wear #7)
Dominic McGuire #1 TOR Raptors (Lucas III is #5)
Damien Wilkins #8 PHI 76ers (doesn't wear #9)
DeMarre Carroll #3 UTAH Jazz
Sasha Pavlovic #3 PDX Blazers (Leonard is #11)
Jon Leuer #30 CLE Cavs
Troy Murphy #6 DAL Mavs (doesn't wear #14)
Daniel Orton #33 OKC Thunder

Players on NBA Teams/Rosters That Should be in Free Agent Pool
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travis Leslie (cut by LAC Clippers a few days ago)
Jordan Williams (bought out by ATL Hawks after Joe Johnson trade)
Eddy Curry (cut by DAL Mavs after they signed Troy Murphy)
Shawne Williams (bought out by PDX Blazers in July 2012)

Jersey Number Corrections
-------------------------------------
Matt Carroll wears #13 CHA BCats (Haywood is #33)
DeSagana Diop wears #2 CHA BCats (Sessions is #7)
Luke Walton wears #4 CLE Cavs (doesn't wear #32)
Lance Stephenson #1 INDY Pacers (doesn't wear #6)
Landry Fields #2 TOR Raptors (doesn't wear #9)
Cole Aldrich #31 HOU Rox (doesn't wear #45)
Kevin Martin #23 OKC Thunder (doesn't wear #12)
Jeremy Lamb #11 OKC Thunder (doesn't wear #1)
Malcolm Lee #8 MINNY TWolves (Roy is #3)
Note: MINNY TWolves site lists Dante Cunningham as #32, but game footage shows in fact that he wears #33.

Now 2K Sports and their 'Insider' have no excuse to release another error plagued and outdated roster. These are easy, quick fixes that take little time and effort. Lets see if they really value our feedback. Lets hope they put Quality Control into practice.

but still expect better by demanding that they add the missing player or give us a legitimate reason for why they have yet to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »