Home

Roster Update releases tomorrow 1/17/2013

This is a discussion on Roster Update releases tomorrow 1/17/2013 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Update releases tomorrow 1/17/2013

Where are the art updates u promised 2k ? Update Shumpert And Other Players.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
what could you upgrade more on kd?

Realistically, they could give KD a boost in his Pass rating....the only other update that would seem LEGIT is an update from 86 to 90 in FT.

I'm telling you....this is a BOOST to appease the CLOWNS who complain about KD's OVERALL rating. I will almost guarantee it.

People who have a limited knowledge of stats, ratings, and basketball look at KD's 94 Overall Rating....and then come to this forum and the 2K Forum and say stupid things like, "How is KD only a 94 and LeBron is a 98....when they are both MVP candidates!?!!? They should at least be the same!"

These people are clueless and act like the Overall rating actually means something....it's actually meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Where is Jimmy Butlers minor upgrade ? How about Nash on ball defense downgrade or Griffins very questionable 84 mid . Noah could use an upgrade in his passing.
Again...this Blake Griffin thing is why 2K needs to look at stats instead of relying on anecdotal tidbits from their fans.

Blake Griffin shot 37% from 16-23 feet last year...and is shooting 39% from 16-23 feet this year.

By comparison, KD is shooting 42% from that distance, and LBJ is shooting 43% from that distance this year.

KD is a 90 in MED, LBJ is 85.

And Griffin doesn't have an 84...he has an 80.

He's also bumped his shooting from 10-15 feet up to 43% from less than 28% last year. Which in this game figures into Shot MED as well, I believe.

BUT....everyone remembers ONE Playoff series where Griffin struggled to shoot...and now they argue that the 80 rating is too high....even though we have 2 seasons of statistical data that says otherwise.

2K needs to use the statistical data...and not anecdotal "proof" from gamers.

LINK - http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?...lake%20Griffin

BTW - HoopData is a killer site...I wonder if the people over at 2K know it exists...? Most of the people on this forum don't...I know that.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
It's frustrating that the Lakers only get boosts when they were already massively overrated and one of the more terrible teams in real life. These knee jerk one-sided boosts do nothing for realism and actually make the game less of a simulation.

Kobe should also get a large defensive awareness nerf.
The worst part of this Earl Clark BOOST is when you put it in context with other updates and other player ratings - especially on teams that don't happen to play in LA.

Like when they added Greg Smith to the Rockets after a flurry of solid games...and gave him a 56 Overall. Clark already has a 64.

After this boost, Clark and his 5 games of actually getting minutes will have a better Overall rating than Lavoy Allen, Nick Collison, and Tiago Splitter.

I know that NONE of these guys are stars....but they are SOLID role players and have proven it over several seasons.

Earl Clark plays 5 freaking games for the MIGHTY 17-21 Lakers....and now he's getting a BOOST?

Splitter has a freaking 20 PER for crying out loud...and is averaging 10 and 5 while shooting 59% for a team that actually WINS some games on the court...the 30-11 Spurs. Where is his BOOST?

What a JOKE...2K continues to cater towards casuals, little kids, and people who don't know a thing about basketball....and only want to play as the Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, and Thunder....and just want to basically play NBA JAM with current NBA rosters.

Last edited by LoudMouthHoops; 01-17-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 05:05 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
What a JOKE...2K continues to cater towards casuals, little kids, and people who don't know a thing about basketball....and only want to play as the Heat, Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, and Thunder....and just want to basically play NBA JAM with current NBA rosters.
This. And it wouldn't even be that bad if they kept the arcade crap in for all the kiddies and started to provide an alternative. They could literally keep the current action gameplay unchanged for maybe even a few years and none of those fanboys would even care as long as graphics and animations are a bit better every year.
So let's keep the current gameplay unchanged as a "casual" option for guys who never played basketball outside of their XBox and at least put some effort into an alternative for sim fans.

And the thing with roster updates is that there is clearly no logic behind this. You could easily use Hoopdata and BBallref for accurate stats, or since 2k is incredibly lazy in this regard just paste over the numbers from one of the great community rosters. Pretty sure nobody would have a problem with that. This is really a point where lack of money or current limited hardware is no excuse, it's just a matter of effort and an idea how basketball actually works. Two things 2k clearly lacks.

I don't even get how you can be an actual 2k game developer playing 2k13 without noticing that ratings/tendencies are as bad as always and default playbooks a complete mess. So the guys who actually created this game think these roster updates are well done? I mean it would take maybe 10 minutes a day to put out well thought out edits going over a few players at a time...Just don't get it.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Did the update come yet..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Hmm... still no update. Usually out by now.

Edit: NVM released as I posted that lol. I was the first download!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #39
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Another HORRENDOUS update for Blazers....

Batum untouched!?!

Aldridge Midrange lowered to 88

Lillard/Babbitt/Matthews jumpers still horribly off.

Color me unimpressed (yet again)...
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Another HORRENDOUS update for Blazers....

Batum untouched!?!

Aldridge Midrange lowered to 88

Lillard/Babbitt/Matthews jumpers still horribly off.

Color me unimpressed (yet again)...
Aldridge is shooting 38% from midrange, 88 is maybe still too high.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »